CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Neser out of the Pakistan tour, Skek to replace. I think we are taking too many quicks on that tour, especially considering we may only play 2 quicks per test.
We have three spinners in the side. That should be enough

Interestingly, Tassie has a debutant in from the Aussie under 19s - Radhakrishnan.

This is interesting because he is an all rounder in more senses than usual - he bat he bowls BUT he bowls with both hands and both spin and pace! He is primarily a spinner though.

Why has Jhye fallen down the pecking order?
Not sure he wouldve dropped down the pecking order, but maybe they wanted that work horse slog it out pace bowler over in Pakistan rather than an express bowler who might be better suited to short stints.

I have heard that Pakistan are preparing their pitches to be quicker and more pace friendly... most likely due to Shaheen, but also to help them when they travel overseas.

Will be interesting if they serve up a pacey pitch against the Aussies though... I'd imagine we're heading over there expecting spin friendly decks and therefore no point running Jhye into the ground

Not sure he wouldve dropped down the pecking order, but maybe they wanted that work horse slog it out pace bowler over in Pakistan rather than an express bowler who might be better suited to short stints.

I have heard that Pakistan are preparing their pitches to be quicker and more pace friendly... most likely due to Shaheen, but also to help them when they travel overseas.

Will be interesting if they serve up a pacey pitch against the Aussies though... I'd imagine we're heading over there expecting spin friendly decks and therefore no point running Jhye into the ground

Which is odd because Australia hasn't been there for 25 years or something, so not like anyone knows what to expect. Plus Pakistan is famous for their seamers, so clearly their pitches offer something more than is traditionally the case with India / Sri Lanka / Bangladesh.

All that said, I think the squad is pretty good overall and I certainly have no issue whatsoever with Steks being included, he's turned into a real gun, just kind of disappointed Jhye didn't make the cut.

We have three spinners in the side. That should be enough
We have 1 spinner, and 2 part time spinners. If we are playing on a dust bowl, we don't need 3 quicks when we have Green. We should be looking at Agar/Maxwell coming into the side plus Swepson if it's going to be a dust bowl.

Why has Jhye fallen down the pecking order?
He was rested for the Pakistan tour, it sucks but I guess they are just being extremely cautious with him and his body and focusing long term. Hopefully he tours Sri Lanka afterwards. Boland was great but Jhye is still our best option outside the big 3, he looks awesome every time he bowls including his lone Ashes Test and again tonight in the T20.

McDermott is looking horrible here and he has done all season, I really, really hope something flicks on for him and he can find himself at this level.

Never mind, McDermott might well be the short form version of Harris.
Yeah seems like it. I'm 99.9% sure we'll open with Finch and Warner in the World Cup regardless of the form of McDermott/Agar anyway.

Yeah seems like it. I'm 99.9% sure we'll open with Finch and Warner in the World Cup regardless of the form of McDermott/Agar anyway.

For sure.

I reckon the world cup team will be almost identical to the last final.

For sure.

I reckon the world cup team will be almost identical to the last final.
Yeah. I can see why they want Agar, his bowling is really good, but the only way I see him playing is for Starc which would seem nuts given he's one of the great white ball bowlers. But on a big ground like the MCG Agar could pay off.

Yeah. I can see why they want Agar, his bowling is really good, but the only way I see him playing is for Starc which would seem nuts given he's one of the great white ball bowlers. But on a big ground like the MCG Agar could pay off.

Yeah it is the big question mark BUT (and I am not sure they want to give up Wade and he does bat well at the end fairly well and you want to reward that semi performance), you could do this (it is way too bitsy though and won't happen) because Inglis has been really impressive:

1. Finch
2. Warner
3. Marsh
4. Maxwell
5. Stoinis
6. Inglis (wk)
7. Agar
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

The issue is that Agar's batting has regressed and just doesn't offer what they always hoped it would.

Your boy Sams hitting as he does @GKDonkey, man he is scary when he gets going. I always thought Ben Cutting was the scariest bat I've seen when he gets his eye in, I reckon Sams is even scarier. Even if it was hit straight at me, I reckon I'd drop it and end up knocked out.

Pukovski on 50not in the shield and has hit some beautiful shots, looking really good.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.