CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Yeah I love some of these WA players coming through. Obviously Green is in the side. Aaron can’t be far off it. Josh Phillipe should be getting more of a look in, in every format. Want to see him get an opportunity as a batsman not a keeper in the Aussie side for Red ball. He has been good since he fixed his technique.

Not to mention not that he is close to making Australia, Teague Wyllie is a gem.
Don't forget Jhye! 😍

We've hit the lead, been a great session after the ball was spinning all over the place early on. Good tactics.

Haha, that last one was so painful to listen to

When it was turned down, he immediately turns to the captain and shakes his head. Wasn't there some kind of rule against excessive appealing? Or has that been scrapped.

Green is learning fast ?
I like the way he is using his feet fwd and back . Future Captain ?

I haven't watched much today but the score tells you they're playing with freedom and I think that's a great way to take it on, no point dead batting it and missing the one that doesn't turn

I haven't watched much today but the score tells you they're playing with freedom and I think that's a great way to take it on, no point dead batting it and missing the one that doesn't turn

Agreed, you have to go a bit aggressive on this pitch, you are going to get out at some point.

Usman hit 50 then opened up .
Green has looked good , but Carey has been the aggressor . Drove the fast bowler through the covers . Every kind of sweep against left arm , off spin and leggies . Down on his knee and swept again and again .

Usman hit 50 then opened up .
Green has looked good , but Carey has been the aggressor . Drove the fast bowler through the covers . Every kind of sweep against left arm , off spin and leggies . Down on his knee and swept again and again .

Carey has definitely ridden his luck and why not, it is the smart play on this pitch. Green has been sublime. A 70-100 run lead here would be huge.

Great 50 to Green, this is as classy as you'll see but Carey falls.

Look that sort of shot pisses me off. We were in the front seat boys going calmly and all of a sudden Cameron Green finds himself in the position he usually does when he gets up to 50 and that’s running out of time to get that 100. Hopefully Pat and Mitch can provide good cameos and Gaz and Mitch keep the ticking over.

Green goes for a brilliant 77, he's put Australia in a strong position.

Starc goes and this bloke celebrates like he's got Bradman.

The day Green learns how to turn his 50+’s into big scores he will be amazing.

Already is an instrumental part to our batting since our 3/4 haven’t done shit for over 12 months. It’s time those boys stop drinking coffees and pull there heads in cause our 2 best batsman in paper have been batting atrociously.

The day Green learns how to turn his 50+’s into big scores he will be amazing.

Yeah for sure BUT in this instance on this pitch, I feel like that was the equivalent of a 150. That was a great innings.

Yeah for sure BUT in this instance on this pitch, I feel like that was the equivalent of a 150. That was a great innings.
Yeah, for sure I was just stating that there will come a time where when that bloke gets on 77 he won’t let anyone snag his wicket and when that day comes holy **** we have one hell of a batter on our hands let alone an all rounder.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.