CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Cummins treating this leggie with disdain!!

End of the day now after Cummins belts a 6 out of the ground.

Lead over 100 still two wickets in hand

Probably being greedy but another 50 would be real handy, knowing we have to bat last and who knows what the weather looks like

Look that sort of shot pisses me off. We were in the front seat boys going calmly and all of a sudden Cameron Green finds himself in the position he usually does when he gets up to 50 and that’s running out of time to get that 100. Hopefully Pat and Mitch can provide good cameos and Gaz and Mitch keep the ticking over.
I wonder if the temptation to move Green up to 5 is getting closer.

In this match Green at 5 would be coming in with Uzzie who was beyond 50.

For Uzzie he'd have a partner down the other end that is looking more assured and would therefore know he's got another solid batsmen that will hang around with him.

Green gets to start his innings with a genuine batsmen in the team and still more partners in the shed. If he can grind out a 50-100 partnership with Uzzie at that point then the foundation for the innings is sorted and Aust are well on top. He'd also be a better chance of getting his half century before the remaining partnerships start.

For Head he comes out with the innings set up... possibly Uzzie or Green on 100 and he can just go at his own pace... or do what he seems best at and just tee off for a quickfire score.

Same goes for Carey.

Speaking of cricket, you know how Australia has been screaming out for an all rounder for decades and then found Green…I’ve mentioned him before but I think Green is not the only hope…there is another…Aaron Hardie. His knock against Sri Lanka was class and his all round stats are extremely impressive for both bat and ball. Aussies need to be careful to give him opportunities too…he was born in England.

Same as Pucovski getting through some cricket is his goal, three Shield games last year and 8 since 2019 isn't enough.

The Shield Final was impressive but so was his debut against the Bulls in 2019 and his 100 against the Bulls in 00- still waiting for him to put it all together.

Head`s future is uncertain IMO . Green`s is not .
Yeah I don't think he has the patience needed for test cricket, but we have seen him pull off counter attacking innings for quickfire runs.

If you have that sitting down in 6 he can come in and finish off an innings that's been setup... or he could fire off a 60 from 40 and give the innings some life.

To me he's a lower risk at 6 than what he's currently doing at 5, but that's not a good thing for his longevity

Yeah I don't think he has the patience needed for test cricket, but we have seen him pull off counter attacking innings for quickfire runs.

If you have that sitting down in 6 he can come in and finish off an innings that's been setup... or he could fire off a 60 from 40 and give the innings some life.

To me he's a lower risk at 6 than what he's currently doing at 5, but that's not a good thing for his longevity
I don`t think he has the technique for Test cricket .
Spinners are like cryptonite .Could be out beaten on both sides of the bat . Caught behind / slip or LBW . Thrives on loose bowling and can score fast . Not reliable under pressure , average fieldsman .

I get the point about Head but he has earned his spot, I do agree he seems a natural 6 whereas Green is a natural 4/5.

Head averages over 40 in test cricket and while he is certainly a bit of a flat track bully, so is Warner and Hayden and they had great careers. I like the way Head bats, his issue is concentration. Once he gets past the initial period, he seems to start second guessing himself and then gets himself out.

There is no one else currently who should be getting a look on ahead of him anyway unless you take the punt on Hardie but even then, I would start him at 7 in the order.

Head at home.

17 Tests 1197 runs at 49- 4 100's, 6 50's.

Head away

10 Tests 387 runs at 25- 2 50's

Head at home.

17 Tests 1197 runs at 49- 4 100's, 6 50's.

Head away

10 Tests 387 runs at 25- 2 50's

Strike rate - 55 .
Shows me he is hot or cold . Scores fast against weak bowling . Goes into his shell against the guns .

Out almost 50 % bowled or LB dub . Never a good sign if they can`t defend their stumps .

Pucovski should get a go in the sub-continent on these low bouncing turners, probably unlikely to cop one in the face in these conditions

Pucovski should get a go in the sub-continent on these low bouncing turners, probably unlikely to cop one in the face in these conditions

He has been KO`d playing AFL , by a stray ball in the nets and by hitting his head when he tripped over taking a run . Some bad luck there .
I do hope he can succeed . He is good to watch .

I wonder if the temptation to move Green up to 5 is getting closer.

In this match Green at 5 would be coming in with Uzzie who was beyond 50.

For Uzzie he'd have a partner down the other end that is looking more assured and would therefore know he's got another solid batsmen that will hang around with him.

Green gets to start his innings with a genuine batsmen in the team and still more partners in the shed. If he can grind out a 50-100 partnership with Uzzie at that point then the foundation for the innings is sorted and Aust are well on top. He'd also be a better chance of getting his half century before the remaining partnerships start.

For Head he comes out with the innings set up... possibly Uzzie or Green on 100 and he can just go at his own pace... or do what he seems best at and just tee off for a quickfire score.

Same goes for Carey.
I have thought Can Green should be 5 for a while so 100%. Travis suits the 6 a bit more in that he moves the innings along a bit more. He can adapt to the innings the best for me. Whereas Cam likes to bat in a big partnership manner and go for a timely big score. He can do that better with Smith, Labuschagne, Warner and Khawaja rather than Travis who usually is there for a good time rather than a long time. For mine Can Green looks more likely to get a 50+ score than any of the other batters in the middle order and for mine whilst Labuschagne and Smith aren’t carrying their weight he holds together our batting order a bit better at 5 than instead of spending most his time at the crease with Carey and the bowlers. For mine it makes zero sense to have Khawaja, Warner, Smith and Labuschagne who like to build a big innings than to go to Head who is so versatile in the way he can formulate an innings at 5 than bounce back to Green at 6 who likes to build his innings like the top order do. Innings has no continuity for mine. Something I speak passionately on because I believe he should be in the middle-top order in the ODI side as well. They are looking at him with to strong of a mindset that he is a all-rounder and the low-middle order is where he belongs. Bull shit. He needs to be up higher and given the time to thrive cause far out he is so promising and he has monster totals at the top of the order in shield. Just a waste.

All we need is for the Smith and Labuschagne and Warner to a lesser extent (just needs to refocus on being ruthless and not throwing his wicket away when he has his foot on their throat) to pull there fingers out of there asses.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Jedhead
  • rj9
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncosgirl
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Rowdy124
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • lynx000
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.