CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I don’t think this team is far from its best. Aside from Finch and Maxwell, everyone in the side deserves to be there.

How much better does this side look though in terms of balance:
1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Head
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade
8. Sams (Starc is getting belted anyway, at least Sams can smack a few back in return)
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

You could swap Sams for Ellis if you want the better bowler but far less hitting power.
Starcs getting misused. Why the hang is he not opening the bowling? He's not going to be good at mid innings bowling so either pick him to open bowling or don't pick him at all.

I also believe head should be in the side, if not head smith should be, they need an anchor

Starcs getting misused. Why the hang is he not opening the bowling? He's not going to be good at mid innings bowling so either pick him to open bowling or don't pick him at all.

I also believe head should be in the side, if not head smith should be, they need an anchor

Agree with all of that but the issue with Smith is that while he can anchor, he can't seem to accelerate these days if needed. I feel like any of Head, McDermott or even Silk could fill this role better at present.

If Australia plans on picking Maxwell and Finch in its best XI at this upcoming World Cup, they're going to need to pick an additional "batter", because those two aren't going contribute much of anything most of the time - leaving us in the all too familiar spot we seem to find ourselves in against the stronger teams - needing 10+ an over in the final five or six overs with Wade & Cummins at the crease.

If Australia plans on picking Maxwell and Finch in its best XI at this upcoming World Cup, they're going to need to pick an additional "batter", because those two aren't going contribute much of anything most of the time - leaving us in the all too familiar spot we seem to find ourselves in against the stronger teams - needing 10+ an over in the final five or six overs with Wade & Cummins at the crease.

The other issue for Maxwell other than just no runs whatsoever is that now his fielding seems to be starting to drop off as well.

I know Maxwell is a favourite of many because he can do all the fancy shots that casual fans get excited about but seriously.. as I watched the boys lift the world cup last year in the UAE when the camera panned over Maxwell all I could think was "what exactly did you do to contribute towards this?".

I had no answer then and as we lead into another world cup, he's still not doing anything. He absolutely doesn't deserve his spot. Even last night I was watching Tim David, he got out trying to heave the ball over the square leg boundary and realised they were exploiting him so he made a simple enough change and was prepared to work them off his hip and get off strike, Maxwell isn't capable of that. He's got one of those Pietersen/Kohli egos where he refuses to concede the bowler may have it over him in a certain aspect of his game.

I don't think we need him either way in Australian conditions, especially if he can't score runs.

England should have won the last T20 WC and they should win this one too.

They are definitely better than us, but I don't think we are too far off either. Think we've tinkered too much and are a few games behind in our preparation in comparison. England have had a much better warm up with a 7 game series in Pakistan then flying here.

England should have won the last T20 WC and they should win this one too.

They are definitely better than us, but I don't think we are too far off either. Think we've tinkered too much and are a few games behind in our preparation in comparison. England have had a much better warm up with a 7 game series in Pakistan then flying here.

I reckon if we had to beat England in a knockout final, we wouldn't have been able to do so.

That was some vintage starc bowling there, holy swings alright

So Cummins takes starc off, why! He had the England bowlers jumping all over the place

WOW! Namibia is going to beat Sri Lanka in the World Cup!

barely even knew this world cup was on, lol

quite possibly the biggest upset in the game's history (maybe even the history of sport)

Japan beating South Africa at the Rugby Union World Cup would be bigger but this is a massive, massive upset.

It's a shame they're not letting fans into the Gabba today, I would have went.

Barely going to get a decent Aussie game in Brisbane throughout this World Cup, we play the Group B runner up at the Gabba, that will be an associate team for sure. West Indies will top that group and the runner up will be one of Ireland/Scotland/Zimbabwe.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrslong
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • marw
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.