CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Cam Green has replaced Inglis in the world cup squad.

What 'injury' does Inglis have?

And this really changes things. I reckon they might now go:

1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Finch (c)
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

I reckon Maxwell is about to be dumped, he just hasn't contributed anything that Green can't probably do better on Aussie pitches.

So Namibia smash Sri Lanka in a massive boil over and then lose to a one man team in the Netherlands and the UAE and are now out of qualifying. Ouch

For me that says more about Sri Lanka.

They just can't handle a pitch with any sort of bounce in it, I watched that loss to Namibia and the number of top edges was alarming, probably use to conditions in Sri Lanka specifically where they bowl more spinners than fast bowlers.

1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Finch (c)
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

I reckon Maxwell is about to be dumped, he just hasn't contributed anything that Green can't probably do better on Aussie pitches.

Maxwell will get a spot because of that "x factor", we haven't seen it for a very long time but that's what the lure is with Maxwell. He could win you a game with his fielding or batting, he hasn't done that in a long time though and he needs to do it rather quickly.

There was no bigger passenger in our world cup campaign in the UAE than Glenn Maxwell.

For me that says more about Sri Lanka.

They just can't handle a pitch with any sort of bounce in it, I watched that loss to Namibia and the number of top edges was alarming, probably use to conditions in Sri Lanka specifically where they bowl more spinners than fast bowlers.

Fair points, though that said, it does say a lot about Namibia and all of the associates really. They can get up for a game here or there when things click but will be really, really inconsistent. They probably also thought they were home and hosed based on that win and got too far ahead of themselves.

1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Finch (c)
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

Golf club snapped in his hand and he has 600 stitches in his hand/webbing- it's horrible. Can't keep or bat for a long while.

I would back Maxwell to turn it around except for that fact his fielding has dropped off too - something is off.

1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Finch (c)
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

I like that team.

Bairstow has had a nasty golf injury too. To the point where there's gotta be doubts over him ever getting back to his best I reckon.

CCTV images on Tuesday from inside the pro shop at NSW Golf Club :

6668A667 C45B 4B63 83F8 054E0F0ED3C3

1. Warner
2. Green
3. Marsh
4. Finch (c)
5. Stoinis
6. David
7. Wade (wk)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Zampa

Imo, I’d take Maxwell over Stoinis any day of the week

Imo, I’d take Maxwell over Stoinis any day of the week
This. The biggest issue is Finch. If he would just retire, it would help the side.

Warner
Green
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
David
Wade
Starc
Cummins
H'Wood
Zampa

I think this is the best side. Smith bats at 3 only if there is a wicket in the first 6-8 overs, after that he slides down the order behind the hitters.

The problem is, you guys are calling for Stoinis to be dropped even though he has looked alright in recent innings but want Smith bought in who has done nothing and is nowhere near the batsman he is in red ball cricket. Finch also has gone alright in his last few innings. I picked him because he is captain and this is his swansong, he isn't being dropped, he will retire after this WC so no point speculating on him not being there.

We're bowling first against NZ, good toss to win you'd think

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.