CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

It's a shame they're not letting fans into the Gabba today, I would have went.

Barely going to get a decent Aussie game in Brisbane throughout this World Cup, we play the Group B runner up at the Gabba, that will be an associate team for sure. West Indies will top that group and the runner up will be one of Ireland/Scotland/Zimbabwe.
There's a match on at the Gabba today?

Handscomb with a 200

Harper with his 2nd shield ton

earlier in the week:
Jewel got a ton to carry TAS to victory

Bancroft also with a ton at the top of the order for WA

Yep, definition of a choke which is concerning given the game meant absolutely nothing and there was no pressure at all.

Not to mention India conveniently introduced Shami to bowl the last over of the game, which they are entitled to do but just not sure what India get from that

They're not going to pick him and just have him bowl 1 or 2 at the death

Not to mention India conveniently introduced Shami to bowl the last over of the game, which they are entitled to do but just not sure what India get from that

They're not going to pick him and just have him bowl 1 or 2 at the death

They might you know, their two current death options in Kumar and Singh are REALLY struggling in the last two overs.

Also, that pitch in the WA v Vic game must be a road.

i forget why i don't like pete but i respect declaring at 281*
Very selfless. I'd have gone for 300. How do you not like Pete? He's such an interesting story, from being picked for aus, and the flaws he had in his batting. I hope his story goes the full circle and he finds his way back into the aus team

Very selfless. I'd have gone for 300. How do you not like Pete? He's such an interesting story, from being picked for aus, and the flaws he had in his batting. I hope his story goes the full circle and he finds his way back into the aus team

see below, i know hunt was scratching around for a long time beforehand (for good reason tbh) and the fact that PH did similar for his own 300, but 2 balls left, what's the difference?

in any case maybe i worded it a bit strong, i don't mind the fella, just didn't much care for that move

Henry Hunt scores 97* off 326 balls to salvage a draw for SA against VIC, had 2 balls remaining in the game to go for the ton but Handscomb offered the handshake because VIC needed 3 more wickets and had no chance of winning.

Bit of a dog act imo, surely you give him the last 2 balls to go for it haha.

see below, i know hunt was scratching around for a long time beforehand (for good reason tbh) and the fact that PH did similar for his own 300, but 2 balls left, what's the difference?

in any case maybe i worded it a bit strong, i don't mind the fella, just didn't much care for that move

It had nothing to do with with him- Hunt batted for the draw and took it, it was 6pm and time was up.

You can't score 16 runs off 20 overs and then say I want extra time to get my 100.

“It‘s nice to have personal success, but the end result of the day was to try and get the draw. I managed to achieve that, so boxes ticked in that regard.

“Hopefully, I can maybe score a little bit quicker in the next game, hit a few more boundaries and it might be on the cards.

“We were in such an unlikely position to even draw the game, backs against the wall given the position we were in early after lunch. It was the best possible result for us.”

Hunt’s cause wasn’t helped by a batting plan with tailender David Grant, who faced 46 balls without scoring, to only rotate the strike if they could score within the first three balls of an over.

“He calls himself ‘The Wall’ so he can live by that now,” he said.

Hardie out to an absolute shocker by the umpire. That is why DRS is there...except when DRS isn't available. Horrendous decision.

So Namibia smash Sri Lanka in a massive boil over and then lose to a one man team in the Netherlands and the UAE and are now out of qualifying. Ouch

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • pagey
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.