CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Are you taking into account the gale that was blowing ?

Oh you are right, players definitely should be excused from being able to do the fundamentals in the game they are professionals at when conditions are slightly not in their favour.

Must have been the same in the Ashes and in the 20/20 world cup and all previous games here as well. Totally explains their 5-10 dropped catches per game.

Oh you are right, players definitely should be excused from being able to do the fundamentals in the game they are professionals at when conditions are slightly not in their favour.

Must have been the same in the Ashes and in the 20/20 world cup and all previous games here as well. Totally explains their 5-10 dropped catches per game.

Fundamentals were cemented long before Ronnie became coach .
Barking up the wrong tree IMO .

Do you think guys with that much age and experience need a disciplinarian / hard man coach to teach them to catch ?

Fundamentals were cemented long before Ronnie became coach .
Barking up the wrong tree IMO .

Do you think guys with that much age and experience need a disciplinarian / hard man coach to teach them to catch ?

Hmmm cannot agree we were dropping before the standards were lowered. There is a lack of accountability and this leads to lowering of standards. It cost Australia an outright Ashes win.

Two hundreds in two balls, pretty sensational start so far

In comes Maxwell likely to precipitate the inevitable collapse. I'd be very happy to be wrong. So far it has been impressive though.

Well Maxwell got out even quicker than I thought he would.

Maxwell is as dumb as a bag of rocks...................has time to sight a few but nope just swings straight up.

That was one of the all time Warner innings. Some phenomenal pure hitting in there.

These last two wins are papering over two massive issues - the brittleness of the middle order and the fielding. Pakistan have been dropping as many catches as Australia and last night it cost them like 150+ runs. You can’t win if you are dropping that many catches unless the other team is doing just as poorly which benefitted Australia last night.

The positives though are Warner is going out of his ODI career with a bang and will be missed but Marsh has really seemed to find a balanced aggression across formats. While the middle order clearly isn’t working and Maxwell and Stoinis have been horrible with the bat for some time, there is something to like about Inglis. Although he hasn’t set the world on fire, he seems to be just starting to find his feet and that is so important for this team because his best is far above Carey’s best.

i can’t believe we’re selecting him
Throwing him in at 3 was dumb. Felt like we got ahead of ourselves and pushed the trigger 5 overs too early.

I've got my issues with Maxwell but with how this team is performing we need as many blokes as possible who can single-handedly win games. He's one of a very select few that can do that over in India.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • K-Style
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • NYCDB
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Jason Simmons
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Howie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.