CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Maxwell needs to be dropped, what the **** was he thinking?

You come in after the openers have thrashed them to all parts and the first shot you play is a wild hack? We actually batted quite poorly after they got the breakthrough. We should have made 400+, easily.

Maxwell needs to be dropped, what the **** was he thinking?

You come in after the openers have thrashed them to all parts and the first shot you play is a wild hack? We actually batted quite poorly after they got the breakthrough. We should have made 400+, easily.
The collapse was alarming.

Particularly Maxwell and Smith. Smith looked particularly uncomfortable.

@Sproj
Didn`t answer my question .
All good to be critical , but what are your suggestions for remedy ?

It isn't rocket science man, just off the top of my head:
- Practice practice practice - if players drop a catch, they do extra practice
- Dock players pay for every catch they drop
- If a player drops a sitter, drop them for the next match, no matter who they are
- The leadership team need to set the standards here and they need to be especially accountable, so dock them more for every drop, etc

Again, it isn't rocket science and this is just off the top of my head.

I hope post-World Cup there is a bit of a clean out which, unless they go against expectations, should include the coach. I really, really want them to go experimental from the very next ODI series to build to the next World Cup.

All of Warner, Starc, Hazlewood, Smith, Carey, Cummins, Maxwell and Stoinis gone (doesn't mean Australia can't go back to them if needed).

1. Head/M.Short
2. McDermott/Philippe (wk)
3. Marsh/Renshaw
4. Labushagne/McSweeney
5. Inglis (wk)/O.Davies
6. Hardie/Silk
7. David/Turner
8. J.Richardson/Sutherland
9. Ellis/Salzmann
10. Johnson/Thornton
11. Sangha/Zampa/Green

Is there a bit of Robert Z’Dar about Reece Topley ?
6DA45C22 DFD6 41C9 9F15 D0640A0A9C0A

It isn't rocket science man, just off the top of my head:
- Practice practice practice - if players drop a catch, they do extra practice
- Dock players pay for every catch they drop
- If a player drops a sitter, drop them for the next match, no matter who they are
- The leadership team need to set the standards here and they need to be especially accountable, so dock them more for every drop, etc

Again, it isn't rocket science and this is just off the top of my head.

So treat 30 year olds who are world champions like naughty boys ?
What happens when they say fck that I`m playing IPL or T20 leagues instead of the lower paid mean nothing 50 overs international matches ?

So treat 30 year olds who are world champions like naughty boys ?
What happens when they say fck that I`m playing IPL or T20 leagues instead of the lower paid mean nothing 50 overs international matches ?

Which of those leagues is currently on or ever on during a World Cup?

And the whole oh no players will leave rubbish is where the player becomes bigger than the club basically and it is a privilege to play for the most successful team in world cricket, you’ve just hit the head of the nail, players should not be the ones running the joint because this is when standards are lowered unless you have a captain/leaders of Ponting, Warne, McGrath, Hussey class. This current team does not have that.

South Africa are looking good, they even got their choke out of the way early this time

Could be union / cricket double world champions.
I would rather they win both than NZ win both.

That said I'll take pretty much anyone winning the cricket that isn't England or India.

Similar for the union, as long as it's not England I'm happy.

Which of those leagues is currently on or ever on during a World Cup?

And the whole oh no players will leave rubbish is where the player becomes bigger than the club basically and it is a privilege to play for the most successful team in world cricket, you’ve just hit the head of the nail, players should not be the ones running the joint because this is when standards are lowered unless you have a captain/leaders of Ponting, Warne, McGrath, Hussey class. This current team does not have that.

I said playing IPL or T20 leagues instead of the lower paid mean nothing 50 overs international matches ?
Don`t think I mentioned world cup in that statement .

They`re already millionaires how much do you reckon we should fine them ?
Two ways known to motivate people reward or punishment . Sounds like a lot of punishment .

I doubt that docking their pay is gonna work . Then there is the oh shit , if I drop this I`m out of the team mental pressure that your method will apply .

Never seen or heard of those methods you described .But anyway . Who do you think should be running this out fit that drops players for errors and docks their pay ?

Is there a scale of sitters that can be applied to this regime ? Like straight to you your gone . Have to move X amount of metres excluded . Gale force wind ; get another chance .Lights in the eyes ? A scoring system maybe ? Take a speccy and get points in the bank against dropping a comparatively easy one . What about if you tap it on in the slips and another guy drops it ?
Sounds complicated bro .

I said playing IPL or T20 leagues instead of the lower paid mean nothing 50 overs international matches ?
Don`t think I mentioned world cup in that statement .

They`re already millionaires how much do you reckon we should fine them ?
Two ways known to motivate people reward or punishment . Sounds like a lot of punishment .

I doubt that docking their pay is gonna work . Then there is the oh shit , if I drop this I`m out of the team mental pressure that your method will apply .

Never seen or heard of those methods you described .But anyway . Who do you think should be running this out fit that drops players for errors and docks their pay ?

Is there a scale of sitters that can be applied to this regime ? Like straight to you your gone . Have to move X amount of metres excluded . Gale force wind ; get another chance .Lights in the eyes ? A scoring system maybe ? Take a speccy and get points in the bank against dropping a comparatively easy one . What about if you tap it on in the slips and another guy drops it ?
Sounds complicated bro .

Yep so we should just accept mediocrity according to you and the captain/coach, happy for you but I expect my teams to perform to world class level and not just let them get away with mediocrity simple because our precious players might run off and play for some meaningless 20/20 comps around the world. If they have that attitude in the first place, they aren't going to have the right mindset to be champions anyway.

Yep so we should just accept mediocrity according to you and the captain/coach, happy for you but I expect my teams to perform to world class level and not just let them get away with mediocrity simple because our precious players might run off and play for some meaningless 20/20 comps around the world. If they have that attitude in the first place, they aren't going to have the right mindset to be champions anyway.

I don`t agree but tired of straw man arguments .

That's a terrible review by The Netherlands. It sounded like bat, looked like bat and it was bat, no chance at LBW.

I do feel sorry for them though because earlier, they took a ripping catch off Warner but by the letter of the Starc fielding law, he touched it on the ground despite looking well in control of it. Harsh decision but at least they are being consistent, can't complain about that.

The Netherlands might lack in batting and bowling skills but man, they are such a good fielding side. They don't make many chances but those that they do, they take them. Crazy to think they are the benchmark fielding team in ODI currently and Australia is equal worst in the world.

A hundred off 40 balls for Maxwell! Fastest World Cup hundred ever!

This over is absolute carnage - 28 off it...with a dot ball. This poor bloke has gone for 120 off his 10.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • K-Style
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • NYCDB
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Jason Simmons
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Howie
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.