CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I really hope the coach is gone after this debacle but given dropping Head in India and the capitulation in England to somehow draw from 2-0 up didn’t result in anything. I doubt the worst performance self a World Cup possibly ever will either.

Hopefully the Aussie cricket team fix this fast, so as not to embarrass us like the Wallabies did

Embarrassing man. Second world cup in a row where we have looked flat as a tack, @Sproj is right he's gotta go.

We are paying the price for the obsession with T20 cricket.

I said to a mate long before this tournament started that we wouldn't select a middle order capable of batting 40 overs and that would end up costing us.

There's no point having all these guys who can slog the ball but no one who can rotate strike and survive to set some sort of platform.

The Head injury has been a brutal blow but this embarrassment is on the selectors who can't stop their love affair with the concept of big hitting all rounders like Green, Stoinis, Marsh etc.

Sri Lanka will beat us, our team resembles something that someone came up with after watching a collection of six hitting montages on youtube.

We actually have to bat 50 overs and as it stands, we've only got 2 players who look capable of doing that, Smith and Marnus.

We are paying the price for the obsession with T20 cricket.

I said to a mate long before this tournament started that we wouldn't select a middle order capable of batting 40 overs and that would end up costing us.

There's no point having all these guys who can slog the ball but no one who can rotate strike and survive to set some sort of platform.

The Head injury has been a brutal blow but this embarrassment is on the selectors who can't stop their love affair with the concept of big hitting all rounders like Green, Stoinis, Marsh etc.
The thing is though, we’re miles off the pace in T20 cricket as well.. these so called ‘sloggers’ of ours aren’t even close to being the best in that regard either.. I can’t believe in 2023 we’re still recycling the likes of Stoinis and Maxwell.. these guys have never delivered consistently at international level, yet here they still are..

The real problem is that the Australian cricket talent cupboard is completely bare .. Where are the world class performers we used to roll off the production line ? We simply don’t have any..

And as much as I despise the way this current senior group of Australian players has taken the piss over the past 12 months with their work ethic and attention to detail, when they depart the scene, we’re in for some seriously lean, barren times - because there’s nothing coming through behind them.

The thing is though, we’re miles off the pace in T20 cricket as well.. these so called ‘sloggers’ of ours aren’t even close to being the best in that regard either.. I can’t believe in 2023 we’re still recycling the likes of Stoinis and Maxwell.. these guys have never delivered consistently at international level, yet here they still are..

The real problem is that the Australian cricket talent cupboard is completely bare .. Where are the world class performers we used to roll off the production line ? We simply don’t have any..

And as much as I despise the way this current senior group of Australian players has taken the piss over the past 12 months with their work ethic and attention to detail, when they depart the scene, we’re in for some seriously lean, barren times - because there’s nothing coming through behind them.

Agree with the part about our sloggers not being world class, they get a go in the IPL but the IPL is more about the fans, if you're a likeable guy with any sort of talent they'll take you. Glenn Maxwell is a fan favourite for RCB (the team with Kohli), they've never won a title.

Even in T20 they don't know how to construct an innings, more often than not they try to swipe across the line and heave one over midwicket, only to get bowled. Our bowlers too, Pat Cummins gets absolutely tonked.

The Australian cricket team has always been a bit of an in crowd but in recent years it has become so much worse. Cummins has been an extremely expensive limited overs bowler for years but he gets made captain. Carey can't hit the ball anywhere other than a catcher when not getting bowled but he will not be replaced until it is too late by another guy who just doesn't perform at this level. Warner cannot get dropped no matter how poorly he plays and the same with Hazlewood.

There are guys performing but they can't get a gig or they get some meaningless games and then the A team waltzes back in whether they deserve to or not. Neser has been banging the door down for years and gets a token game here or there. Ellis is easily Australia's best death bowler but can't drop Cummins. Chris Green has been performing in every side he is a part of around the world at domestic level but can't crack the Aussie side. Ben McDermott has done well at international level in the few opportunities he's had but Australia just goes back again and again to the same guys no matter what.

The selectors and coach need to be given their marching orders.

Your duty to the nation is to impregnate as many athletically gifted females as possible to increase the talent pool . Get to it !

Kids with Asian heritage are our big hope .
The off spring of all those blokes running service stations and 7 / 11s are the future Oz 11 .

Pucovski 'managed' out of the side after one game back in forever.

Pucovski 'managed' out of the side after one game back in forever.

11 concussions ...

Probably not a bad game to miss as a Vic top order player .
Lots of catches from defensive shots .

Michael Clarke has revealed that he heard last night that Pat Cummins will be dropped for our next cup game against Sri Lanka

Michael Clarke has revealed that he heard last night that Pat Cummins will be dropped for our next cup game against Sri Lanka
Should be Hazlewood. Bloke looks like he's about finished. His performances in England were pathetic.

They are going to drop the captain?

I'm only going by what Clarke said. You can read his full comments on the Fox Sports website. Haven't had time to post them over here yet

Wow unbelievably bold play by Australia. Never thought they'd drop so many players and make a statement. Cannot believe they did that and...oh wait, no change to the line up that has been belted both games.

But they've been happy at training, so the result isn't important.

They don't got this...but that's ok, they are comfortable and Australian supporters should be happy with that.

Well there you go, Australia blow a challenge on the first ball for something that never looked out and then are too scared to use one because they've only got one left on one that looked pretty plumb and was. This team is embarrassing at the minute. I hope a switch is flicked because this looks like a bunch of hacks out there at the moment.

Active Now

• barker
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • lakers133334
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • the_next
  • leish107
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.