CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I swear I was watching rohit sharma play in like 2000 as a little tot. Bloke has been around 100 years

Liam Haskett gets his first wicket for WA. Young, strapping left armer with big wraps. He looks to be quick. He kind of reminds me of James Pattinson, just a left arm version.

Pucovski got 39 in a solid FC return.

Neser with another crunch 100. The selectors have officially lost the plot if he’s not playing the first test of the summer. Hazlewood is done.

Cannot get into cricket at the moment, I love it but right now it seems so dull after that Broncos finals series. But we've got India v Australia tonight so maybe that will change things.

I am leaning towards us not doing much this tournament. They look banged up, down on form and the bowlers in particular are lacking 50 over match fitness. Usually that'd all be disregarded because Australia always plays their best at World Cups but that went out the window at the disappointing home T20 WC.

On the over hand, just like when we won the prior T20 WC, we don't play our best sides in the years between World Cups so maybe they will come out and surprise again. Unlikely though.

I’m not confident in Australia our bowlers form just hasn’t been good enough in any format of late. Batters have been on and off through the same sort of period. Doesn’t help it’s in India either but in saying that we have had a lot of cricket there the last few years but sub-continent is not our preference. Think we are down on confidence to do anything major but we obviously have the troops that if we get some form and confidence we can of course win against anyone and anywhere.

Did you see Fraser-McGurk's run rate today?? 125 (38) He was averaging almost 4 a ball!

Did you see Fraser-McGurk's run rate today?? 125 (38) He was averaging almost 4 a ball!
Scores the 100 in 29 balls which whilst he is obviously playing domestic cricket but the fastest ever World Cup 100 in the same format was 20 balls slower which is insane. In saying that the boundaries are clearly fucken tiny cause everyone is scoring runs and Tigers posted 435 plus Karen Rolton is not notorious for large boundaries.

Scores the 100 in 29 balls which whilst he is obviously playing domestic cricket but the fastest ever World Cup 100 in the same format was 20 balls slower which is insane. In saying that the boundaries are clearly fucken tiny cause everyone is scoring runs and Tigers posted 435 plus Karen Rolton is not notorious for large boundaries.

Oh it’s being played at Karen Rolton Road?

No wonder McChicken was able to smash a ton off 30 balls

India will most likely win this WC, never seen a bigger bunch of flat track bullies.

At what point does Carey run out of chances at ODI level? He's been awful for some time now.

So if this World Cup continues going in this vain, surely McDonald is gone as coach.

I'm just glad the team gets to play comfortable cricket.

Do the ICC grade ODI pitches? Because this is an absolute shocker.

They've had a good while to prepare a decent deck for India's first official game and this is what we're dealt with, I'm no curator myself but I can only imagine it will only deteriorate even further after today and they are surely playing here again in the tournament..

At what point does Carey run out of chances at ODI level? He's been awful for some time now.

There's about 2-3 candidates in that boat, anyone not named Smith, Warner or Labuschagne. Not just on today's efforts but how many times do we have to cop them playing absolutely ridiculously stupid shots and just having to say "well that's just how he plays". It can't be just how you play, on this wicket.

Cameron Green's dismissal was almost as bad as Maxwell's.

I also think we are too stubborn in our approach.

I highly doubt 3 quicks and a wrist spinner are going to cause too many dramas for India on this wicket. It works in Australia, England, basically anywhere that isn't low and slow.. but you know, you go to India, you know what you are getting.

Remember the old “look, it’s Australian fast bowler!” jokes from a decade or so ago?

Well, this is what jokes about Australian cricket will look like for years and years and years to come..
IMG 7347

I also think we are too stubborn in our approach.

I highly doubt 3 quicks and a wrist spinner are going to cause too many dramas for India on this wicket. It works in Australia, England, basically anywhere that isn't low and slow.. but you know, you go to India, you know what you are getting.

Funnily enough, South Africa went into their first game with 5 fast bowlers and no spinners.

do my eyes deceive me or is this a non-road in India?

Active Now

• barker
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • NSW stables
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.