Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
The BCCI representative is such a cutie. Can really see he is enjoying it

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That’s a fantastic win. India choked when it mattered but credit to Australia, they just know how to win big games. I did not expect this result at the start of the tournament and credit where it’s due, the team came good when it mattered.

It will be interesting to see now how Australia handles the generational change that now must take place. Warner is finished, Starc has said he won’t make the next World Cup and you’d think neither will Maxwell, Smith or probably Hazlewood. Stoinis also probably won’t be there and seems to have been declining for some time and there has to be question marks on Marsh, Zampa and Carey all due to age.

But finally, how good has Travis Head become, has become a multi-format gun.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
IMG 1966

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Yeah not awesome scheduling for Aussies having to go to work on a Monday. But that’s the life of a global sports fan in Australia. My money is on a Josh Inglis statue being erected in the aftermath of this game.
And I’m stood corrected. Build the man a statue.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I am so stoked, did not expect to win this one.

Rewatching the game and the fielding was so damn good, they were stopping everything. They were clearly pumped up and managed to use the emotions and adrenaline in a positive way in the field, and I guess that's why they are world champs.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Of the six I think this might be the best. At least on the podium with 99 and 87 in what order I am unsure.

If not the best then the smartest.

When they bowled first I thought it was bold but it was so smart, they knew that dew plays a part there at night and they didn't want to be bowling then. The pitch was dry so they slowed everything down, took the pace off, cut the ball and India couldn't get momentum. Use reverse, no width.

To keep a team with that batting line up to 16 boundaries is unbelievable.

Then just field your arse off and give your batters a chance.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Of the six I think this might be the best. At least on the podium with 99 and 87 in what order I am unsure.

If not the best then the smartest.

When they bowled first I thought it was bold but it was so smart, they knew that dew plays a part there at night and they didn't want to be bowling then. The pitch was dry so they slowed everything down, took the pace off, cut the ball and India couldn't get momentum. Use reverse, no width.

To keep a team with that batting line up to 16 boundaries is unbelievable.

Then just field your arse off and give your batters a chance.
Their tenacity in the field was something else. Like a rugby league team defending their line set after set. They didn’t drop their mental game at all.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep credit where it is due, I have made no secret I don't rate the coach or Cummins as a captain but last night proved me wrong massively when it mattered and I couldn't be happier for it.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I think India completely underestimated Australia, hard to come up with any other conclusion.

At the toss, Rohit said he would have batted first, so no matter who won the toss we were going to be bowling first and batting later on when dew came into play and it absolutely did come into play.

India won every single game, except the final. It was in India, undeniably they had pitches conditioned to suit their strengths and the opponents weaknesses, 120 thousand screaming Indian fans, I don't know where India are winning their next World Cup after that and I suspect their fans are struggling to come to terms with that the most.

Medic

Medic

QCup Player
Nov 28, 2019
We are only winning because of the conditions lol. Over 20 min listening to that commentator was nauseating.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Yep credit where it is due, I have made no secret I don't rate the coach or Cummins as a captain but last night proved me wrong massively when it mattered and I couldn't be happier for it.

I appreciate that you gave credit where its due .
I didn`t watch the 1st innings . Then tuned in at 3 for not many and Australia with a pretty slow run rate .And thought the pressure on the Aussies must be enormous . Slowly but surely they turned the ship around .
The review by Bhumra broke their hearts . Ball was clipping the stumps ...

Credit also to Marnus he wasn`t meant to be in that team a few months back .

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think India completely underestimated Australia, hard to come up with any other conclusion.

At the toss, Rohit said he would have batted first, so no matter who won the toss we were going to be bowling first and batting later on when dew came into play and it absolutely did come into play.

India won every single game, except the final. It was in India, undeniably they had pitches conditioned to suit their strengths and the opponents weaknesses, 120 thousand screaming Indian fans, I don't know where India are winning their next World Cup after that and I suspect their fans are struggling to come to terms with that the most.

I think India didn't adapt, they would have had their idea about what Australia was going to do and when Australia changed it up and moved field placing stacking the leg side and slowed the bowling down I think India never got it back.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosAlways
  • Howie
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • vertigo
  • Manofoneway
  • Scorchie
... and 90 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.