CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Will Parker - young leggie bowling for Vic now, he gives it a rip. Spraying them a bit but some nice potential there if he can learn to control it.

95 & 105* for Maddinson, 60 & 49 for Weatherald. decent opening options if Burns keeps failing at test level.

Maddinson has been churning the runs out the last two seasons but for him, it is all mental. The ability is and has always been there.

I tell you what, there is a pretty decent group of under 25s coming through at the moment in shield cricket and given all of Cummins, Labushagne and Head are all young enough to go on for another 10-ish years as well, the future doesn't look too bad. The only real concern is a second opener but one or two guys in the under 19s look alright.

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
10. Parker (seriously, he is only 17 and rips it, very promising) / Sangha / Pope
11. W.Agar

I tell you what, there is a pretty decent group of under 25s coming through at the moment in shield cricket and given all of Cummins, Labushagne and Head are all young enough to go on for another 10-ish years as well, the future doesn't look too bad. The only real concern is a second opener but one or two guys in the under 19s look alright.

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
10. Parker (seriously, he is only 17 and rips it, very promising) / Sangha / Pope
11. W.Agar

If Renshaw can get back into red-ball form and achieve his potential, that’s your other opener. He’s still only 24 this year

Australia A play a 4 day match against the England Lions next week, here's the squad, should be a good indicator of what the pecking order is..

Australia A squad: Moises Henriques (c), Jackson Bird, Marcus Harris, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja (vc), Nic Maddinson, Michael Neser, Kurtis Patterson, James Pattinson, Mark Steketee, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
11. W.Agar
Looks good. How’s Austin Waugh going?

We belted South Africa in the 1st T20i by 107 runs. Agar got a hat-trick and 5 wickets. The side looks really good, hope they play Jhye instead of Kane next game though.

Last edited:
When can Cameron Green start bowling again? I mean, right now, he is arguably already in the top 6-8 best bats in Aus. This kid is a phenomenal talent, he is likely the most exciting all rounder prospect since Keith Miller (and certainly since Shane Watson)

And Josh Philippe - not in the same level but goodness me, dead ringer for Steve Smith in his looks and mannerisms. If only he could become a 60% as good a bat.

We destroyed South Africa, that's nice. 2-1 series win.

Agar and Zampa did well. Never really rated Agar but he's done well against India and South Africa in succession and Zampa's bowling better than ever after it seemed like he was going sideways for a while there.

Last edited:
Nathan Ellis - he impressed my in the shorter forms and has continued to impress in his FC debut. Extremely whole-hearted player who reminds me of Siddle in his effort...and Flintoff in his style. He could be something you know.

Beth Mooney once again proving she’s the best bat in women’s cricket. Healy and Perry wish they could be as good.

Nepotism Sister also useless at the moment. Doesn’t bat or bowl.

PSA: the women’s T20 WC final is on

PSA: the women’s T20 WC final is on

Nearly forgot.

Just tuned in time for Healy's 50.Wasn't she a bit out of form in the tourney? But then they show a graphic that showed she's hit 3 fifties.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.