General State of Origin Discussion

I know Josh Hannay was picked from reserve grade, not sure if anyone since.

Josh Hannay would have been my guess as well.

The last player I remember to be selected out of reserve grade was Michael Jennings in Game I 2011 after he was dropped for an off-field incident involving a security gate. I'm not sure if an injury played a role in it either but he'd been out of first grade for sometime before he was selected in the NSW side.

Ben Hunt would have been the closest. If you can recall he was dropped during the Origin period and played a game for the Jets. However, he did return prior to Game III where he helped Brisbane defeat Canberra only to get flogged by Melbourne. Still that didn't deter Walters from picking Hunt over Cherry-Evans who would go on and captain.

Poor guy. Would have been so excited to live out a dream...and you're cut.

Was Matt Scott picked from QLD Cup when he made his debut?

Using Brimson as the 14 makes no sense. Someone like Hunt would offer so much more. Where will he come on and play? He can't defend in the middle.

Surprised to see Reed get cut... Harry hasn't played 80 yet and has been excellent for the storm coming off the bench. Reed has also been great for parra, I'd say that he is in better form than Brimson as well.

I also like the idea that Grant can play as a roving middle if they want to have 4 play makers on the field.

Green must've been desperate to squeeze Brimson in there somewhere though, but I don't think his form has been as good this year as it was last year.

I'm guessing he will play as a roving middle forward and be cover for the backs and halves... but I'm not sure he's the greatest option for the wing (if needed).

Well. Ponga is likely to not play now so I'm very confused as to why we dropped Mahoney.

Ponga officially ruled out of Origin 1

Holmes tipped to play fullback with Feldt making his debut on the wing

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.