VOTE GI No Try

Should Inglis' try have stood?

• Total voters
Next time something similar happens I hope the QLD player pulls up 5 from the line and allows themself to be tackled. Then it won't get called back, play on.

I agree ... Next time a similar situation happens get tackled a metre out from the try line and make sure someone is there in support for a quick play the ball. Then all the dummy half has to do is fall over the line. And no video ref referral.

I voted wrong. I said Yes instead of No.

The try was a no try. It was a strip. However, the rule that made it a no try is fucking BS.

rwpili.jpg

It wasn't a try looking at better footage this morning but as it was sent up a try and no conclusive evidence otherwise was available the on field decision should have stood.

In reality it was a double knock on so should have been a Queensland scrum feed. I don't really know how the ball last touched by Pearce travelling forward into Myles could ever be a QLD knock on.

This gif clearly shows the ball coming forward out of Pearce's hand:
PertinentEducatedAvians.gif

Played at by Morgan, as he's sliding off the tackle and trying to grab Pearce any way he can, in a one on one strip attempt which failed. Pearce never loses contact with the ball and propels it towards the Queensland goal line. I'd call it a knock on Pearçe, and I wouldn't be complaining if JT or Ben Hunt was in Pearce's place and the call was they had knocked on.

Last edited:
Morgan is facing backwards. The ball at no point is propelled forward by Morgan. Play on.

The ball then comes off Pearce's upper thigh. Play on.

Myles does not touch the ball. In any event, he was not playing at the ball, so there is no knock on. Play on.

The evidence to support alternatives to those propositions are so far from conclusive it is not funny.

The fact there's a even 50/50 result in this poll supports that.

The fact that 4 expert commentators (and even one so shaded by bias for NSW he barely contains it - who said play on) did not see it as a knock on.

Wrong call.

Did the video referees get the call right?

what was clear was that Myles came in and propelled the ball in the tackle.

I did not see it that way.

Then again, I thought the dress was blue.

I voted wrong. I said Yes instead of No.

The try was a no try. It was a strip. However, the rule that made it a no try is fucking BS.
You can strip the ball one on one, that's not a penalty. The ball is already loose when Myles touches the stain, and it was propelled towards the Qld try line anyway.

Technically, the no try decision is correct, and it should've been a Qld fed scrum. However, there was no conclusive evidence in the replays to deny the field ref's decision. And the evidence of that, is that they ruled a Qld knock on off Morgan!

Well, it appears I was wrong.

I've been watching the replay and slowed it down to frame by frame, and Myles does touch it. It's clear as day on the picture I'm looking at.

The no try ruling is correct, but it should have been QLD's ball.

The video ref said Morgan knocked it on.

Also Bill "I Know Everything" Harrigan said it was the correct ruling. He also said he would have been happy with the double knock on. He said the Blues knocked on first.

greg-inglis-mitchell-pearce-origin-try-628.jpg

VIDEO: Former Referees Boss Bill Harrigan Says Greg Inglis No-Try Was Correct Decision | Triple M NRL

Last edited:
Morgan definitely did not knock it on , he probably does strip it but it can't be said conclusively on these videos

Myles probably knocks it on , but it can't be said conclusively on these videos that he actually touched the ball.In any case is it it a knock on if he does not consciously play at the ball which is being propelled by Pearce?

Only two choice A Double knock on and Qld feed B Play on try .

It went to our Patten and Sutton as a try and there was no conclusive evidence to overrule , yet they did. We will never get any of these decisions go our way with Patten in the box. IMHO Mal should be pushing privately or publicly to get Patten the **** out of there.

I see it as follows.

1 on 1 strip from Morgan. This goes backwards for QLD, so play on. Pearce doesn't make contact again with his hands and is hammered by Myles. Myles' hand only just touches the ball forward and Inglis picks it up in an off side position.

The reason the 1 on 1 strip isn't deemed a loose carry is because Pearce wasn't trying to score at the time. That is when the ruling changes in the action of scoring.

Happy with the over ruling and think there was enough in it to over rule the on field call.

The problem with the call is that they set a precedent last series with their interpretation of over-ruling the call in a very similar circumstance involving Hayne.

It is just so difficult to show that beyond a reasonable doubt he was stripping the ball and while on the balance of probabilities it was, that shouldn't be sufficient evidence to over-turn an original interpretation.

Myles' had knocked it forward but Pearce knocked on.

Either way, being marched back 90 after scoring seemingly scoring a match winning play was just too big a hurdle.

Even if it was a clear strip, as long as the ball went back (which it did), it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Myles' touch was never evident in the replays shown, which were the basis for the decision, and the fact that the official ruling was a knock on by Morgan is more than enough evidence to conclude the decision was a travesty!

Next time something similar happens I hope the QLD player pulls up 5 from the line and allows themself to be tackled. Then it won't get called back, play on.

Lol, I was screaming at the tv for him to let them catch him!!!! Silly competitive Inglis

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.