Glenn: We are the coach now

in a way you're probably right ... but IMO what sounds like has happened, is the players have finally found their voices (possibly due to Glenn's leadership instead of Boyd's) and talked to Seibs about ways his training could change to help performance.

and to Seibs credit he has listened and adapted, rather that continued with what wasn't working.

to quote Glenn "when you have a head coach who is willing to change up his style of coaching to benefit the team, you're in good hands"
Time will tell, as much as I think it's a joke that the head coach is going hands off this week, if Seibold has a chance to save his career it's by listening to his players. He can't keep doing the same thing and hope it turns around.

I'm actually excited to see how we go, even though it's the Bulldogs you can tell a lot by effort and enthusiasm on the field. If we flop again this week though, things will go from grim to grim.

It reminds me of that story about Chris Anderson at the Bulldogs. When he was coaching them in 95, the club was being torn apart by Super League and they were struggling on the field. It got to a certain point where Anderson called training off and just had them spend time together at the bar. The only rule was that they couldn't talk about the ARL/Super League rift. The players involved reckon that was the turning point, that they got on the same page and really bought into this Dogs of War mantra, completing one of the biggest upsets in NRL history. To this day, the only team that has come close is the Eels in 2009 and they were denied at the death. The Bulldogs in this version went on and beat one of the greatest club's sides in history.

I believe the Broncos went through a similar phase in 2007. Coming off a premiership win, they had an awful start and up to the point of their turn around, had only won 3 games all year and two of them were against Newcastle. Supposedly the players held a crisis meeting, coincidentally in a game against the Bulldogs and they went onto record a really strong character building win. The Broncos went on a run at that point and were actually one of the form teams of the competition until injuries took their toll. Even then, they managed to give the top teams like Melbourne a run for their money.

It's a bizarre turn of events, but if it translates to smart tough football it could be exactly what they need heading into 2021.

They can win this if Glenn is serious about what he has said.

But bloody hell, just don't get in front and capitulate again.

It reminds me of that story about Chris Anderson at the Bulldogs. When he was coaching them in 95, the club was being torn apart by Super League and they were struggling on the field. It got to a certain point where Anderson called training off and just had them spend time together at the bar. The only rule was that they couldn't talk about the ARL/Super League rift. The players involved reckon that was the turning point, that they got on the same page and really bought into this Dogs of War mantra, completing one of the biggest upsets in NRL history. To this day, the only team that has come close is the Eels in 2009 and they were denied at the death. The Bulldogs in this version went on and beat one of the greatest club's sides in history.

I believe the Broncos went through a similar phase in 2007. Coming off a premiership win, they had an awful start and up to the point of their turn around, had only won 3 games all year and two of them were against Newcastle. Supposedly the players held a crisis meeting, coincidentally in a game against the Bulldogs and they went onto record a really strong character building win. The Broncos went on a run at that point and were actually one of the form teams of the competition until injuries took their toll. Even then, they managed to give the top teams like Melbourne a run for their money.

It's a bizarre turn of events, but if it translates to smart tough football it could be exactly what they need heading into 2021.
I think the team's biggest issue initially was fitness... we looked well underdone against parra and roosters when the comp restarted.

But I think now our issue is confidence... we got absolutely spanked in the first two rounds coupled with a mammoth injury toll, which would've destroyed the team's confidence... then we got to a lead against manly, but the football being played was very softly softly.

We went through the motions against manly hoping to hang on when really manly just didn't turn up in the first half and then overran us in the second.

Knights was confidence again... Oates was entirely in the in goal and didn't look like getting the ball down. They got to an early lead and took the foot off the pedal but we never fired a shot.

The attack looks very clunky and unsure... Milford running sideways or down nothing blindsides, no lead runners or decoy runners from the forwards, soft one out hitups with no intensity, no line speed in defence because they fear getting pinged with a penalty.

Losses against titans and warriors were because they out enthused us... warriors were shot to bits in the first 30mins, but we couldn't capitalise with the stuttering attack and lack of intensity. The try they scored before halftime gave them that little bit of belief and they turned up in the second half, whilst we were just hoping it would suddenly click. Titans always turn up when they play the broncos... if we don't turn up we get overrun and that game was basically done when our first 3 hitups of the game got us to the 15m line... their defense was aggressive and in our face... they came for a derby whereas we came hoping for a win.

If the mentality is right this week I think we can get the win.

This week if the players have been controlling their own destiny their confidence may be a bit higher.... I think a lot of it has been mental for them. Had they managed to have one game where someone dragged them to a win and things clicked over the last 3-4 weeks I think we'd be looking a bit better on the field.

I think if there's a dry track at suncorp we might just come out and run over them with Haas, Carrigan and TPJ starting in the middle.

I think Carrigan has been a bit of a lone wolf in the middle in terms of bringing the intensity. .. Haas gets his massive numbers, but he's rightly focussing on the simple things like making tackles and no errors, which he should being so young. But his intensity and aggressiveness can be a little low to start off with.

Second half against knights his intensity lifted and he was acticely pushing through the line and throwing defenders off, looking for offloads, he was angry about where the team was and put them on his back, but the game was already lost at that point... last week he was angry with Glenn.

I think this week with TPJ and Carrigan both being aggressive in attack and defence, that Haas might start off aggressive straight away... it would be a great game to have Turps back as well with his aggressive defence.

If it's wet and rainy I'm not so sure... this team isn't confident enough in their own game to grind out a dour affair and their handling has been one of their biggest Achilles, yet the dogs are the total opposite and would absolutely revel in a wet slog fest.

While i also agree the idea behind this sounds good in theory and could be a good move, apart of me also thinks it might just be lip service.

Sure maybe they trained doing a few minor things differently and perhaps "talked" about a different game plan. But let's be honest we've heard these stories time and time again from the club. If they were serious about doing things different and making a changes then the team list would have been different on Tuesday.

I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes of this game if this is all shit talk or not. If we are out enthused from kick off, lose the battle of the middle in the opening set, give away our obligatory penalty/6 again then it will be the same old story.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you want to view this, you can't lose every game and the stats tell you a win will come eventually. So there's every chance we win this game but not because we deserve it but because we are bound to get the bounce of the ball, the 50/50 calls and face a team who's off their game one day. Will that day be today?

While i also agree the idea behind this sounds good in theory and could be a good move, apart of me also thinks it might just be lip service.

Sure maybe they trained doing a few minor things differently and perhaps "talked" about a different game plan. But let's be honest we've heard these stories time and time again from the club. If they were serious about doing things different and making a changes then the team list would have been different on Tuesday.

I think we'll know in the first 5 minutes of this game if this is all shit talk or not. If we are out enthused from kick off, lose the battle of the middle in the opening set, give away our obligatory penalty/6 again then it will be the same old story.

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you want to view this, you can't lose every game and the stats tell you a win will come eventually. So there's every chance we win this game but not because we deserve it but because we are bound to get the bounce of the ball, the 50/50 calls and face a team who's off their game one day. Will that day be today?
For the sake of my six week long depression _ I frikkin hope so!

My prediction : we'll get off to a big half time lead, to just hold on after scoring only 0-1 tries in the 2nd half.

My prediction - we win and a couple of our young guns like Herbie, Paix and Nui score superb individual tries and the papers splodge all sorts of shit proclaiming they are worth 800-900K each and six clubs are in the running to sign them.

Just a normal day for Badel and co.

ok...you've convinced me....Broncos to win tonight...

Well this news prompted me to get some cash on the Broncos. Lots of multis💲💰💰💰💰💰💰💲With the group publicly taking ownership I am optimistic. Not too sure about wanting to play Milfordball because I don't know what that is but I think I can trust Glenn to get us going.

I think I might have $50 on the Broncos to win the premiership from here. Yes, I know it cannot happen but what if we could sneak into eighth? I could then safely back against them and hope they kept winning! Afterall, we are only two games out of the eight! Likely to get a refund if the season is suspended.

I'll take some that too...what's the💲💰 odds on Boyd scoring a double??

Damn it I’m on the bandwagon too. If they don’t play well I’m still pinning it on Seibold because he gave the playing group additional “pressure” with coaching support (though we all know the “godly” coaching he has provided thus far!) 🤣

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.