Gold Coast Titans Discussion

"Haas joked there was no way of joining his mates at the Titans, "especially now David has taken all the money", but added another Haas, Payne's younger brother Klese, would join them in the pre-season." That's from the article so doubt it. I wouldn't say no just don't ever see it happening with the cap which is fine. Happy enough with our current middle anyway.
Thanks Chris.

Klese Haas...I hope that's not pronounced how it first popped into my head.

Serious question what's the Chris reference and why bother unblocking me? Haven't seen you in a month.
It’s your name so you tell me, and I never blocked you so I’m not sure what your talking about? Why would I block you and miss witnessing your trolling being so happily lapped up by many on here, it’s pretty funny if I’m being honest.

Last edited:
It’s your name so you tell me, and I never blocked you so I’m not sure what your talking about? Why would I block you and miss witnessing your trolling being so happily lapped up by many on here, it’s pretty funny if I’m being honest.

If he is a troll, he is one of the classiest I've ever seen.

If he is a troll, he is one of the classiest I've ever seen.
Yeah the couple of posts the other day saying how much he revels in our struggle was very classy.

Yeah the couple of posts the other day saying how much he revels in our struggle was very classy.
99% sure I know which post you are talking about and that was me taking quotes from the courier mail comments as LockyersIllegitimatechild or whatever said he would've liked to view them??

ahhh I am assuming that guys name was Chris... wow you're a funny bugger *eyeroll*

Last edited:
99% sure I know which post you are talking about and that was me taking quotes from the courier mail comments as LockyersIllegitimatechild or whatever said he would've liked to view them??

ahhh I am assuming that guys name was Chris... wow you're a funny bugger *eyeroll*
I can confirm this.
I disagree with everything the Don says (mostly) but I put him and parramania up there for people who aren't just Broncoshaters but genuienly want a discussion about footy, and despite differing views also want the best for the game as a whole. And they can sometimes see a struggling a Broncos is not good for the game even it appears...

However, the Don, you have attrocious timing by coming onto this forum only recently and I do wonder if you'd be so happy to discuss footy and be on this forum if the titans and the Broncos were in their normal positions on the ladder and the titans didn't miraculously find all this cap space to bring back "local juniors"...

However, the Don, you have attrocious timing by coming onto this forum only recently and I do wonder if you'd be so happy to discuss footy and be on this forum if the titans and the Broncos were in their normal positions on the ladder and the titans didn't miraculously find all this cap space to bring back "local juniors"...
That's a fair point. I'm not the oldest fella going around so I think you'll find I would've been more immature if I joined as early as 2018. Didn't help that last year with the spoon and all I really didn't want to talk footy (preferred to just get through the year). Still watched every game with the same depressing monotony of losing. When I joined I think we were below you on the ladder though possibly or at the very least pretty even. Guess we'll find out in the coming years. Here just has a lot more information on the NRL in general then most of the other forums I've taken a quick look over so actually learnt a lot from here in the short space of time.

When I got here I was probably less a fan of the Broncos but now I'm just sick of most of the NSW teams tbh with the state of the game at the moment not helping. Boring watching teams I couldn't care less about whereas I actually watch Broncos games weekly so have at least a vested interest in not watching one sided games.

Ok seems I got that wrong, apologies. I still think your timing at showing up is suss if you aren’t a troll but whatever I guess.

Titans have recently formalised partnerships with both PBC and Keebra. Supposedly involves education and support for both players and staff as well as development of players in order to streamline the pathway to NRL. Sounds like they've really been getting their shit together on junior pathways since Frizelle/Kelly took over.

Also small talk of a NRLW team hopefully in the near future with both Keebra and Burleigh having strong women's teams and starting to push for it. Could definitely see Frizelle getting behind it.

Titans have recently formalised partnerships with both PBC and Keebra. Supposedly involves education and support for both players and staff as well as development of players in order to streamline the pathway to NRL. Sounds like they've really been getting their shit together on junior pathways since Frizelle/Kelly took over.

Also small talk of a NRLW team hopefully in the near future with both Keebra and Burleigh having strong women's teams and starting to push for it. Could definitely see Frizelle getting behind it.

We don't want to hear about how a good club does their business, move along please.

We don't want to hear about how a good club does their business, move along please.
Is Smokin' Joe really that in the know? The entire forum's outlook bar Foordy went to shit very quickly. The day before that there was fairly widespread positivity from that Oates for Grant rumour along with the Donaghy etc. news looking promising.
If Joe really is that good I feel for ya. I'm fairly close with someone that works there so although they aren't fully in the know hopefully they can shed some light on whether or not it's as bad as he says as surely it'd be easy to tell through just being around the club. There'd have to be signs if it was that dysfunctional.

they have a very long way to go before the remotely get called a good club

Is Smokin' Joe really that in the know? The entire forum's outlook bar Foordy went to shit very quickly. The day before that there was fairly widespread positivity from that Oates for Grant rumour along with the Donaghy etc. news looking promising.
If Joe really is that good I feel for ya. I'm fairly close with someone that works there so although they aren't fully in the know hopefully they can shed some light on whether or not it's as bad as he says as surely it'd be easy to tell through just being around the club. There'd have to be signs if it was that dysfunctional.
has to be no nut november

No one can really be sure, but he has established credibility over a long period of time for being right about what he says.

although he hasn't got a perfect record. he did tell us Fifita would be staying put

As Foordy said, Joe has a lot of street cred on here. The other rumours have come from nowhere and as good a poster as mitch222 is, he has only come into info recently, so he doesn’t have the history that Joe has. Mitch is likely telling the truth of what he has heard but his sources don’t have anything to prove they are worth anything yet.

So at this point, Joe has more weight when he says something. Plus we all know (well 99% of us) that the Broncos are a basket case. You only have to look at the decisions of the last five years to see that, they haven’t got much right but they have got a lot woefully wrong.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tmac
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Lostboy
  • eggstar10
  • sooticus
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Redux
  • BroncoFan94
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.