Gold Coast Titans Discussion

They've since purchased Foulsmellingodour and Fifita on massive contracts, that money is gone.
I don’t know what tino signed for but It wouldn’t have been cheap so I feel I can safely assume him and Fifita are probably taking 2 million up. Bye bye money

Not sure what Arrow was on. I think Peats was on at least 500k. We'll see how they go cap wise.

Once again, if you persist in wanting to discuss the Titans can you either **** off to their site or do it in the one dedicated thread on here please?
r u sad that they are better than broncos now?

Shouldn't we all be?
I had time to prepare for it. I could see it coming a mile away. So no, not sad. Just disappointed. Have been disappointed for a long time.

Last edited:
I am more then happy to talk about the titans but can we actually move it to the right thread. This thread is already completely scarce of broncos signing news, I don’t want to have to trawl through titans talk on top of all the hypothetical team lists and purely wishful thinking posts.

I am more then happy to talk about the titans but can we actually move it to the right thread. This thread is already completely scarce of broncos signing news, I don’t want to have to trawl through titans talk on top of all the hypothetical team lists and purely wishful thinking posts.

Gagai to broncos?

"NO!"

Gagai to Titans then?

"NO! NO CAP!"

Ahh but they did release some players

"NO!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!!! I DONT LIKE THIS!!!"

Last edited:
Gagai to broncos?

"NO!"

Gagai to Titans then?

"NO! NO CAP!"

Ahh but they did release some players

"NO!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!!! I DONT LIKE THIS!!!"
I know how we got here. I’m just saying if posters want to keep talking about it can we shift it over to the titans thread

It hurts that you made me read a suggestion of Chambers to the Titans @Kimlo... low blow.

And to replace Kelly who got RLPA centre of the year with Staggs. You realise you are replacing the Titans player of the year with Chambers @upthebroncs?

It hurts that you made me read a suggestion of Chambers to the Titans @Kimlo... low blow.

And to replace Kelly who got RLPA centre of the year with Staggs. You realise you are replacing the Titans player of the year with Chambers @upthebroncs?
Yeah, I just think a Sydney club could probably offer Kelly more $$ than Titans can. It’d probably be a good career move for him. Just spitballing.

I don’t know what tino signed for but It wouldn’t have been cheap so I feel I can safely assume him and Fifita are probably taking 2 million up. Bye bye money
I think Tino is on about 600k. What Ofahengaue and McCullough are getting paid. I would much rather Tino over one of them.

Offering massive overs to every hyped up player, is not good management... in fact it will bite them in the ass sooner rather than later
It says they put in an expression of interest whilst other clubs have tabled offers if the headline is not misleading. I'm happy to assume with Taylor not locked up yet that we are just making sure we don't get left with no established half if negotiations with Taylor break down. If it is as I see it, that is good management.
It's a complete no-brainer for Piakura to stay in Brisbane, he has a clear pathway to a starting 2nd row spot, as early as this season if he earns it. This is likely Glenn's last season and the only other noted second rowers on the roster are TPJ (who's future lies either in the middle or on a different team) and Riki / Palasia, who are both off contract after 2020 - one of which is very raw, the other of which is coming off an ACL and hasn't shown a great deal.

If he goes to the Gold Coast he'll be competing for minutes with Fifta, Tino, Fermor, Stone, Farmer and possibly even Proctor if they opt to keep him around.
I agree on Brisbane would be a better option for sure, but Stone, Farmer and Proctor (CO) are all off contract 2021. Come 2022, Tino may even be lock with Peachey off contract. That could potentially leave only Fifita and Fermor. If Piakura is as good as I've read here, he should be able to challenge Fermor. It's not quite as likely as with your current 2R depth going forward but it is achievable. I'd say Brisbane outline their plan for him and he stays put though. Earlier this year it said 9 clubs were interested though, not just Titans so could come down to money.

I'm hoping we use Milfords money to buy Taylor. I'm not one of the Taylor haters and I attach no blame to him for leaving the Broncos for massive money nor do I believe the Titans poor record on his watch is solely down to him.

I believe the club and fans expected way way too much of him for two reasons. Firstly the cash and secondly not accepting that he was only a kid. I wasn't the least bit surprised that he crumbled under the weight of expectations and also that he encountered personal problems.

I believe that he'll make it to Origin within the next 18-24 months and that the tough journey he's been through will ultimately produce a fantastic player. Carbon pressure diamond.

I cannot wait to put my hard earned on the Tits in 21. Might even see if there's a market about Taylor making Origin.

Last edited:
Sam McIntyre huh? 100k second rower with a good work ethic. Looks like the Titans have the forwards well and truly covered.

Sam McIntyre huh? 100k second rower with a good work ethic. Looks like the Titans have the forwards well and truly covered.
Can't say I know much about him myself but seemed like decent depth. Heard he might be originally from the Tweed too although wikipedia says Port Macquarie. It's an awesome local catchment area so would be nice to start earning some support down there.

1 spot left for you Cameron.

Can't say I know much about him myself but seemed like decent depth. Heard he might be originally from the Tweed too although wikipedia says Port Macquarie. It's an awesome local catchment area so would be nice to start earning some support down there.

1 spot left for you Cameron.
There's still a bit of talk about CS9 heading northwards. I think his wife has probably already made up HIS mind. I believe the Broncos might be the favoured destination. A team that came last, dragged up to elite level in one season, such a great storyline for CS9: The Sequel. Book two of ten!!!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.