Gold Coast Titans Discussion

Top 3 juniors or top 3 Titian’s juniors? This is a very important distinction

He's never played league can't be a 'Titans Junior', so he's just a coast kid and TSS. I watched him score four tries this year but then he busted his shoulder and missed most of the GPS season.

Last edited:
Just states, "Magnificent signing, in the top three juniors I have ever seen."

When probed on the other 2 he includes Tom Weaver (current junior) and a young Ryan James though. So could easily be Titans juniors. Given he mainly covers Northern NSW and South East QLD maybe that area?

Weaver was great in the Alf Trophy this year, every impressive.

Weaver was great in the Alf Trophy this year, every impressive.
Kept up to date through your Cup threads earlier this year. Had me very excited. Interested to see how we handle our halves with Sexton already in the top squad now too.

Can't complain gives me somewhere to reply to stuff without derailing too. Still feel bad posting signings while you have nothing of note yet though. Hence why GK beat me to it. I know there ain't much out there and Copley and Asiata are all but confirmed but you've still got what 4-6 spots to fill? Interested to see who you sign for this year or whether it'll just be QCUP etc. on 1 year contracts in preparation for 2022.
I'm not concerned about the lack of signings, well announced signings at least to be honest. We already have a good roster. Anyway, I'm not going to derail a Titans thread🤣

I'm genuinely hoping the Titans can have a few seasons in the sun and make a start to wash away years of mediocrity. I remember the Cows being in exactly the same position for many years, nobody rating them and considered as just cannon fodder for the 'real' teams.

A strong Titans makes rugby league strong in Qld. 21 will be the first year I think they take the first step towards national respect. I definitely intend to back them in multiple ways.

Tell me @The Don, have they started training for 21?

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about the lack of signings, well announced signings at least to be honest. We already have a good roster. Anyway, I'm not going to derail a Titans thread🤣

I'm genuinely hoping the Titans can have a few seasons in the sun and make a start to wash away years of mediocrity. I remember the Cows being in exactly the same position for many years, nobody rating them and considered as just cannon fodder for the 'real' teams.

A strong Titans makes rugby league strong in Qld. 21 will be the first year I think they take the first step towards national respect. I definitely intend to back them in multiple ways.

Tell me @The Don, have they started training for 21?
I believe training starts tomorrow.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but you look at Tino v Fifita. Both look about as promising as each other, though Fifita gets exposed almost every week. Guess which ones goes at a higher price.

Look at Staggs, he looks great but I'd argue on par with Bradman and slightly ahead of Lomax but guess which ones is getting the big offers rolling in? There is a premium that comes with our players because everyone sees them week in and week out and then couple this with a truly bottom draw side, anyone half decent really does stand out even more.

I am happy Flegs is staying, he could be excellent BUT he currently is just potential, he has absolutely no runs on the board whatsoever, isn't even close to Collins for example (yes I know he is younger) but which one has the offers rolling in and pushing his value up.

This is also exacerbated by the fact our management is totally and utterly incompetent and hasn't wrapped these guys up before they become available.
I agree on the prices of your players getting inflated but Tino v Fifita isn't a great example imo. We signed Tino after something like 1-3 games, whereas Fifita already had his own highlight reel. They're also fairly different players.

Fifita also has upside commercially as he's a big name (at least to us haha, Hayne was shit but he boosted crowds etc.) plus he's already said he'd like to speak to the Keebra boys going forward so should help with juniors coming through.

I agree on the prices of your players getting inflated but Tino v Fifita isn't a great example imo. We signed Tino after something like 1-3 games, whereas Fifita already had his own highlight reel. They're also fairly different players.

Fifita also has upside commercially as he's a big name (at least to us haha, Hayne was shit but he boosted crowds etc.) plus he's already said he'd like to speak to the Keebra boys going forward so should help with juniors coming through.

To be fair though, if we are going to talk about better comparisons if you feel the Tino v Fifita one isn't the best, we are talking about Fifita being on the same or MORE than the games best players. Is he worth MORE than Smith, JT, Lockyer, Cronk, Tedesco, etc? Cos guess what, he is paying more or the same as these blokes!

To be fair though, if we are going to talk about better comparisons if you feel the Tino v Fifita one isn't the best, we are talking about Fifita being on the same or MORE than the games best players. Is he worth MORE than Smith, JT, Lockyer, Cronk, Tedesco, etc? Cos guess what, he is paying more or the same as these blokes!
I still can’t get over it, fuckin insanity. Wait until teams really focus in on him and he starts having a couple of bad games, the heat that’s gonna come with that will not be fun.

No, but zero of the players mentioned were ever any chance to play for the club, because except for Tedesco most of them were as close to one club players as you get, include Taumalolo and DCE, Turbo, more one club players. To be fair I didn't think we'd get Fifita either but looking back on it, he was still a bigger chance than any of those you mentioned. Tell me another marquee player the Titans would have been able to recruit for this season coming. No-one. It was arguably the most slim off contract list in years and our fans needed something. We'd come off a spoon and near a year of losing... Imagine 365 days without a win.

Until he has played a few games I really don't think we can judge him based on last year where he was injured for most and was playing behind struggling halves and a lack of go forward. I reckon he'll add plenty of value on and off the field. Whether it is 1.1M worth is yet to be seen.

Last edited:
I still can’t get over it, fuckin insanity. Wait until teams really focus in on him and he starts having a couple of bad games, the heat that’s gonna come with that will not be fun.
Oh I disagree, it is going to be delicious.

Definitely interested to see the reception he gets at Suncorp come Round 2.
You blokes will be sure to whinge about us booing him and acting like it’s ridiculous to think he is a dog.

It already happened this season.
The only player that stood out for the broncos this year was Staggs, rest were forgettable.

Fifita is going to be in a way better environment next year, and Tino already comes from a successful culture. Add in Fotuaika and you've got a great forward pack for Brimson and Taylor to thrive behind.

I'm getting on them to make the eight.

I still think the Fifita signing was a game of greater fool. And the Titans won that game with distinction.

This assistant coach thing has a bad smell. That is a sign of structural problems if management was ignoring advice, expect there will be more bad news to follow.

Last edited:
I still think the Fifita signing was a game of greater fool. And the Titans won that game with distinction.

This assistant coach thing has a bad smell. That is a sign of structural problems if management was ignoring advice, expect there will be more bad news to follow.
One would hope that he was not supplying in-house, otherwise his mobile could be very very revealing, if the allegations made against him are true that is.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • Mustafur
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Astro
  • broncsgoat
  • dasherhalo
  • Gaz
  • Browny
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.