Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend.

Honestly, Eastwood must be under a bit of pressure at the moment. But we simply need to keep the majority of our forward pack in order. Hannant, Clinton, Sims, Parker, Stagg, Taylor, Thaiday and Tunza. But we also need to remember that next year could be TC's last as well.

The way I see it, Eastwood and Kenny must have question marks over them.

In all honesty, I really think Michaels and Boyd should be retained as the two wingers, with Izzy and Hodgo in the centres.

That leaves Kemp and Robinson fighting to stay. For next year, I'd be very happy with a team looking like:

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Stagg
13. Carroll

14. Sims
15. Thaiday
16. Taylor
17. Ennis

THAT is a quality, quality lineup. Amazing.

TC wont be there next year, Eastwood has a good pass and can read the line pretty well, will only get better when he improves his fitness.... im about 90% sure he will be TC's replacement nxt yr and i would rather Davies and KEmp be challenging Boyd and Michaels for spots than Robinson who is a solid QC winger at best........and Kenny has been nothing for the past 3years and is getting on anyway, he is as good as gone......

mick! said:
Honestly, Eastwood must be under a bit of pressure at the moment. But we simply need to keep the majority of our forward pack in order. Hannant, Clinton, Sims, Parker, Stagg, Taylor, Thaiday and Tunza. But we also need to remember that next year could be TC's last as well.

The way I see it, Eastwood and Kenny must have question marks over them.

In all honesty, I really think Michaels and Boyd should be retained as the two wingers, with Izzy and Hodgo in the centres.

That leaves Kemp and Robinson fighting to stay. For next year, I'd be very happy with a team looking like:

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Stagg
13. Carroll

14. Sims
15. Thaiday
16. Taylor
17. Ennis

THAT is a quality, quality lineup. Amazing.

Tunza has already anounced that this will be his last year icon_thumbs_u

Totally forgot - damn Monday mornings!

Well, in that case, I think we'll see a bit of an exodus in the fringes tbh. Won't help our depth one bit, but I can see Kenny, Robinson and Kemp all struggling to stay on any sort of decent coin. Keep Eastwood if at all possible imo.

I dont think we will see too many leaving tbh, not in the starting 17 anyway because im pretty confident the Broncos would not have offered Falou anything more than 350K.......

I think that the priority signings are

Hannant, Michaels, Ennis, Stagg, and Taylor when he comes off contract at the end of next season. at this point i would also keep Boyd. i don't think they should re-sign Perry. and i'm not sure about Moon and Eastwood

So with that in mind i would go with a lineup of:

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Stagg

Bench: Ennis, Taylor, Thaiday, Eastwood

Add to that the fact that TC is going, and there's damn near no way we would be shelling out the same coin for Marsh, Sims and Clinton than we were for Carlaw, Thorn, Civoniceva and Tate!!

mick! said:
Add to that the fact that TC is going, and there's damn near no way we would be shelling out the same coin for Marsh, Sims and Clinton than we were for Carlaw, Thorn, Civoniceva and Tate!!

The only concern is if these guys fulfil their protential and become rep players and they wil demand an upgrade.

Wallace springs to mind immediately - NSW bolter, who was paid $200K and looks like repaying that massively.

He won't be on that money too much longer if he continues his form.

ALH said:
mick! said:

The only concern is if these guys fulfil their protential and become rep players and they wil demand an upgrade.

Wallace springs to mind immediately - NSW bolter, who was paid $200K and looks like repaying that massively.

He won't be on that money too much longer if he continues his form.

I highly doubt the Broncos will allow their payments reach the cap amount. They will have a lot of money put aside for these sorts of things.

Well, you would hope.

But then Locky might be moving on at the end of next year.

I'm confident in Bruno and the club having salary cap plans in place. But there's no doubt the ones under the most pressure are the fringe outside backs: Hewitt, Robinson, Davies and Kemp. To a lesser extent Boyd and Michaels.

Sims, Marsh, Wallace...... all were unwanted and bought cheap........

Cheap? All over the $200K mark...not exactly cheap :P

no they wernt, Wallace was $180K, Marsh and Sims wouldnt have been too much more.........

I still want to know where we get all these figures from. It's all from the media which is all rumour.

The figure I heard for Sims was $220K.
Marsh would've been as much.

well we'll be paying Wallace alot more on his next contract.

Definitely. But TC leaving this year, and next year being Locky's last almost certainly... well you'd have to think that's at LEAST $800k leaving the club!

Nashy said:
Kaz said:
Taylor has a lot of work to do, but he's only 19, but will be bigger than Webcke one day. Eastwood, I'm just going to direct you back to all the games he's played.

The man is a machine.

Are you saying Eastwood is a machine or Taylor.

If you mean Eastwood, the only machine he is, is a eating machine.

IF you mean Taylor, well is seems the machine is not doing much.

Frank the Tank said:
Frank thinks the only reason Taylor only signed a 1 year deal was not because of Wayne Bennet leaving, it was because if he only signs a short contract it means that he can get even more money on his next contract than he couldve had he signed a long contract now. If he plays well he very well could get an Origin jersey, and as such would be able to demand an extra $50k+ on his contract. If he signs a lengthy contract with only a handful of games under his belt he will fall well short of what he could get if he performs.

Agreed just like what Folau has done.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • DrGee
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • Accept
  • lynx000
  • Broncojim
  • Dreaglor
  • Hurrijo
  • Russell Coight
  • Porthoz
  • Battler
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.