Gorden Tallis rips into the Brisbane Broncos

Agree Porthoz, that comment stood out to me as well and annoyed me.

I hate the excuse that if we had have won a few of the tight games we would be talking about finals. It works both ways, if we lost a few of the close games we won (Cowboys and Tigers spring to mind) Griffin might have been out of a job already.

Agreed and that's why I hated last season in that respect, we made the finals not because we deserved to but just because results went our way in a long run to the finals, it effectively gave the club a reason to just write it off as a once off instead of taking a good long hard look at where they are and where they actually need to be, some may say he deserved benefit of the doubt and perhaps he did but this season really confirms the same problems exist for last season and others have only gotten worse. If Griffin remains next season, we deserve at the very least to see real evidence of change from all levels in the coaching staff, I was very disappointed earlier in the season when the club came out quick to write in stone his position was safe for 2014.

And who would u like to see as head coach next year?

Realisticly, who is there? Henry, Walters and Sheens are the only names that spring to mind. I don't see Robinson or Maguire going anywhere. The only option for next year I think is Griffin with different support staff.

I wouldn't be totally upset if Tim Sheens was given the reigns for a season or two but would not like to see him given a long contract. More like a trial for one season with an better paid option for more if successful . In my mind he would have a very decent roster and consequently should start producing straight away. The rebuilding excuse would not be an option.

I'm starting to firm an opinion that the biggest things hampering us are:
1 - fitness, partly caused by
2 - an inability to win the ruck

Lack of support is IMO due to a lack of fitness. No-one is supporting because as soon as our ball-carrier hits the line everyone stops and starts reversing ready for the next play because they're blowing.

We NEVER win the ruck. The opposition players are playing 5/6 from their tummies or standing. We play 5/6 on our back. This results in slow play-the-balls from us, with the opposition always in our faces. The converse is we are always backtracking quickly, barely getting onside, and our poor fitness completely compounds the issue. We MUST improve our wrestling, as much as I fucking hate it, it's an essential part of the game.

IMO work on those things will go a LONG way towards helping. There's many more issues (lack of attacking nous the next in line) but I feel that would help solidify our defence.

It's not about who's just leaving but who's arriving. Again, if you think management would have sat on their hands for that amount of time only for Barba, Milford and co. to decide they wanted to head up north would be very naive.

Lets say they didn't sit on their hands, then we sure as hell doing a lot worse than what we thought. If they were trying to get players but couldn't then the Broncos have some big problems. Although we already knew that didn't we, what's our position in the ladder?

I'm talking about 2014 and recruitment.

Griffin's rebuttal in the CM

"We've got some things wrong this year but you can never question the players' commitment."

I know I am picking a small part of his statement and I know that he can't say the players are pathetic and don't deserve to play for us. But I honestly believe he thinks they are committed to the team. I don't think they are completely committed, which to me says you can question it. Look at their poor attitude, somethings wrong at the Broncos. You don't get two Broncos greats coming out and saying these kinds of things if there weren't some truth to it.

I'm talking about 2014 and recruitment.

Fair enough, but the other posters might not be. I wonder if Gee's position is in jeopardy? You very rarely hear anything about him and why he isn't under scrutiny is strange. I heard that White had more to do with getting Barba and possibly Milford? Apparently he took control of the situation and Gee had little input.

They asked specifically what the changes were for 2014...

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Big Del
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Yem
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bucking Beads
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.