Grand Final Discussion

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA
Greater Western Sydney (of which Canberra is apparently a part, go figure) is a furnace into which the AFL will sink millions upon millions of dollars. The NRL propping up the Storm in an important market is one thing. The AFL spending a fortune for the privilege of splitting the fanbase of their existing Sydney team in two is something else entirely. The NRL does not need a second Melbourne side.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
A second team in Melbourne would be a disaster. It took the worst cheating in Australian sports history for them to get people behind the Storm.

OXY-351

NRL Player
A second team in Melbourne would be a disaster. It took the worst cheating in Australian sports history for them to get people behind the Storm.
Maybe melbourne thought they were allowed the same consessions afforded to the Brisbane Lions when trying to set up a rival code in a city.

fredie

Banned User
fire up for the grand final. whats your plans for the day ??.
i will be at work . listening on the radio lol

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
I bought a Bulldogs retro jersey yesterday, I'm not switching to the Bulldogs I just enjoy buying the retro jerseys (bit of history). Fredie, I'm watching the game from home

fredie

Banned User
It just shows how Sydneycentric the competition is. **** them.
1st grand final of the day . newtown jets vs balmain ryde eastwood tigers . NSW cup. NRL feeder clubs . what do u want ?? QLD cup playing there grand final in sydney ??
all teams have played in the NSW cup at 1 point in history . many qld . nz . perth . melbourne. aderlaide . canberra. teams

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
1st grand final of the day . newtown jets vs balmain ryde eastwood tigers . NSW cup. NRL feeder clubs . what do u want ?? QLD cup playing there grand final in sydney ??
all teams have played in the NSW cup at 1 point in history . many qld . nz . perth . melbourne. aderlaide . canberra. teams
Are you serious??? It is really quite simple. All clubs have a feeder team in NSW or QLD cup so a game between the NSW cup Premiers and the QLD cup Premiers would be ideal.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
What a terrible advertisement for the competition.

NYC is better than that, the Raiders were just truly woeful.

In saying that, glad to see a different club win it & the Tigers were certainly deserving on the day.

Don't know how many of their kids will have long careers at NRL level though. Koroibete & Miller appear to be the only strong contenders.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Generally yeah, but both sides (particularly Raiders) are capable of much better.

That was honestly the worst NYC game I've seen all year & I've seen the Titans, Sea Eagles & us play!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter