Grand Final Discussion

I hate both of the teams. But I hate Melbourne more. They bought this game into disrepute in the worst way possible.

So have the Dogs, Oasis scandal. (salary cap rorting as well)

So have the Dogs, Oasis scandal. (salary cap rorting as well)

No. They are not even close on the scale compared to what Melbourne did. They ruined years of competition. But that's another overdone convo that's now being re-done in League Talk.

the big picture . the future strength of the NRL . better if storm won. there has been talk of a 2nd melbourne nrl team

If the current team in melbourne can't even get too many supporters behind them given their success over the past ~6 years, then I can't see how the city can viably support another team.

look at AFL in sydney . perth . aderlaide . all have 2 teams now

Perth and Adelaide don't really count, they are natural AFL towns. Only Sydney is a non-AFL heartland, and I dispute your description of GWS as a 'team'. More like a PR group.

Greater Western Sydney (of which Canberra is apparently a part, go figure) is a furnace into which the AFL will sink millions upon millions of dollars. The NRL propping up the Storm in an important market is one thing. The AFL spending a fortune for the privilege of splitting the fanbase of their existing Sydney team in two is something else entirely. The NRL does not need a second Melbourne side.

A second team in Melbourne would be a disaster. It took the worst cheating in Australian sports history for them to get people behind the Storm.

A second team in Melbourne would be a disaster. It took the worst cheating in Australian sports history for them to get people behind the Storm.

Maybe melbourne thought they were allowed the same consessions afforded to the Brisbane Lions when trying to set up a rival code in a city.

fire up for the grand final. whats your plans for the day ??.
i will be at work . listening on the radio lol

I bought a Bulldogs retro jersey yesterday, I'm not switching to the Bulldogs I just enjoy buying the retro jerseys (bit of history). Fredie, I'm watching the game from home

game day has started , 1st grand final is on. balmain tigers vs newtown jets

Grand Final day, the one day Sydney gets to display its inferior local comp.

It just shows how Sydneycentric the competition is. **** them.

It just shows how Sydneycentric the competition is. **** them.
1st grand final of the day . newtown jets vs balmain ryde eastwood tigers . NSW cup. NRL feeder clubs . what do u want ?? QLD cup playing there grand final in sydney ??
all teams have played in the NSW cup at 1 point in history . many qld . nz . perth . melbourne. aderlaide . canberra. teams

Please Speak English v34 400x

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Adammacca
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.