Grand Final Discussion

It's sickening how this whole season has been all about Souths and nsw finally winning. It's almost been setup for the better of the game that both nsw and now Souths won a series after long stints of losing

Burgess isn't the only one leaving. Teo is too and he hasn't copped a mention

Brilliant.

What a fantastic ending to the Souths odyssey.

Burgess' story will go down in the history books as one of the most courageous. Will not be surprised to see him named the Clive Churchill medalist.

Brilliant.

What a fantastic ending to the Souths odyssey.

Burgess' story will go down in the history books as one of the most courageous. Will not be surprised to see him named the Clive Churchill medalist.

Honestly I think that was a formality regardless of the cheekbone.

Souths have done well. But they were never going to be allowed to lose this.

Btw Pete, how about that head high discretion now?

What incident are you referring to?

Just think, if we weren't run by idiots for a few years there, GI would have been shedding those tears for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if burgo gets Clive churchill

It's sickening how this whole season has been all about Souths and nsw finally winning. It's almost been setup for the better of the game that both nsw and now Souths won a series after long stints of losing

it was on last year too but souths shat their pants in the prelim final ... don't mean to be too much of a cynic but also don't believe for a minute there's not a preordained element to the NRL nowadays given the ratings $$ that are at stake ....

What incident are you referring to?

The incident at about the 72" mark. It was a high shot (and on its own deserved a penalty), but was identical to the three earlier ones where dogs stayed down, but were told to play on.

it was on last year too but souths shat their pants in the prelim final ... don't mean to be too much of a cynic but also don't believe for a minute there's not a preordained element to the NRL nowadays given the ratings $$ that are at stake ....

Yeah, this whole week was setup for one thing. It might not be 100% scripted like wrestling, but there's definitely a schedule for the refs to follow.

From the media this week and the commentary tonight, the dogs may as well have not shown up.

thought Rusty and Sam were about to win-on ...

Congrats to Souths on their 21st premiership they were the far better team on the day and deserve their win. Burgess for MOM

The incident at about the 72" mark. It was a high shot (and on its own deserved a penalty), but was identical to the three earlier ones where dogs stayed down, but were told to play on.

Unsure on the other circumstances you're referring to but in the case where Jackson was brushed across the cheek and went down like he had copped a shoulder charge to the face was a good call. Just because you get hit high doesn't entitle you to an automatic penalty - especially if it can only be picked up by the video referee.

In the case of the Reynolds hit on Koroisau, it was definitely a reportable offence. I cannot see how swinging a lariat and hitting a play flush across the side of the face is not a penalty - even in the old days.

Just updated Greg's wiki for him, well deserved big fella!

wNTcwMn.jpg

Unsure on the other circumstances you're referring to but in the case where Jackson was brushed across the cheek and went down like he had copped a shoulder charge to the face was a good call. Just because you get hit high doesn't entitle you to an automatic penalty - especially if it can only be picked up by the video referee.

In the case of the Reynolds hit on Koroisau, it was definitely a reportable offence. I cannot see how swinging a lariat and hitting a play flush across the side of the face is not a penalty - even in the old days.

Yeah that's why I said it deserved a penalty.
So did the others though. It's either a high shot, or it's not. And imo the Souths hits were a little more than a "brush across the cheek".

Anyway, it matters little now. Plus I have to get back to the tinfoil bunker.

always love seeing the PM shake hands with the MOM on the grand final podium... you can almost read their mind as they look the player up and down - "geez I wish I looked like him..."

Yeah, this whole week was setup for one thing. It might not be 100% scripted like wrestling, but there's definitely a schedule for the refs to follow.

From the media this week and the commentary tonight, the dogs may as well have not shown up.

we've even got an old dear in a rabbitohs hat handing out the medals!?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • leon.bott
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Johnny92
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.