Grand Final Discussion

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
Anyone else think James Graham sailed close to the wind by leading with his head in a few tackles ?

I know NSW always whinged when Nate Myles did it in Origin, but graham seemed to do it a bit in the GF.

I love him as a player though, tough as and very talented ... he just seems to have a bit of the old mongrel pommie forward in him.

Je$ter

NRL Player
Why are they going on about how brave Sam is by playing on with a broken cheekbone, they didn't go on when Shane Webcke played in a GF with a broken arm
All due respect to Webcke, playing with a broken arm is one hell of a feat, but breaking a facial bone and playing 80 minutes is another level. You can't wear a guard on your cheekbone.

Porthoz

International Captain
All due respect to Webcke, playing with a broken arm is one hell of a feat, but breaking a facial bone and playing 80 minutes is another level. You can't wear a guard on your cheekbone.
I don't know about that... you can do your best to avoid contact with your face, but you generally need both arms to tackle efficiently. Still one hell of a feat for both players.

Reminds me of 2011 and Locky's last game for the Broncos... :crying:

Je$ter

NRL Player
I don't know about that... you can do your best to avoid contact with your face, but you generally need both arms to tackle efficiently. Still one hell of a feat for both players.

Reminds me of 2011 and Locky's last game for the Broncos... :crying:
If you try and avoid contact with your face you're going to be making some awful tackle attempts. It'd be easier to tackle with a broken arm than a broken cheekbone - not that either of those things is easy at all, two of the ATGs.

Anonymous person

Banned User
Didn't watch much of the game, but I saw enough to see Inglis score off a gridiron pass lol. Good ol' refs, at least they were consistent with the rubbish they served up the rest of the year.

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
So Reynolds has probably killed any chance of playing for another club now. Haha, as if you'd get a club logo tattooed on your head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.