Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
So where's everyone here's pics?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I only realised as I got to the ground that I didn't have anybody's number. :laugh: I considered yelling out random usernames like a big dork but I was already looking fairly seedy so thought better of it. I still made acquaintances with all the people in my row, we had a cool thing going in 611.

Outside of the game, how did everyone enjoy their trip to Sydney?

Disappointing. Would have loved to hear someone yelling out B4L! B4L! B4L!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I am too the legitimate leader

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
It was fantastic.
Yup, it was a pleasure to meet a couple of new people, like @Dexter and @Black Philip.

Of course, it was great to see @Nashy, @Coxy, @Fozz, @broncos4life and a couple of ex-bhq'ers, like rocky and jeza, and disappointed the usual suspects ( [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION], @Big Pete) kept their no show habit.

It would've been even better to get together after the game, but it wasn't to be...

Let's do it again, but better next year!

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe myself and [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] will have our own meet-up.

I'll just sit there while BP rattles off stat after stat after stat, and tells me about a try some bloke scored in the West Australian Group 3 competition in July of 1972.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Seriously though, I really do want to meet all you fellas, but I am super shy and I'll tell myself I'll show up, but when it comes to the actual moment I have to make the decision, I pussy out.

Gonna try and get up to Brissie for a game next year though. We should totally organise a full on proper meet-up where the majority of people can make it!

I would be awkward, can you deal with that? Haha.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
What's the worse thing that can happen Ning? Everyone I met from BHQ turned out to be super nice and friendly, even [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION]! :wink: :lol:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Maybe myself and @Big Pete will have our own meet-up.

I'll just sit there while BP rattles off stat after stat after stat, and tells me about a try some bloke scored in the West Australian Group 3 competition in July of 1972.

Totally had this conversation with a Cowboys fan on the train ride home. :laugh: Ol' Sugar Foot Thompson was one of the most underrated backs of his era.

I could be misremembering, but did the whole 'pass outs' thing turn out to be bogus? I saw a bunch of people outside of the stadium at HT so unless they were neutrals who decided to beat the Sydney traffic, it seemed as if it was bogus? Regardless, pre-game was always going to be tough. Originally I was going to be there first thing and watch every single game, make the most of it, but that changed when I was coming off two consecutive all nighters. At that point, it was about survival and doing everything I could to prevent myself from falling asleep.

Post-Game was where it was at, and the hope was I'd see a few familiar faces while the players celebrated around the field. I was just about ready to start heading down...when well...that happened.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Seriously though, I really do want to meet all you fellas, but I am super shy and I'll tell myself I'll show up, but when it comes to the actual moment I have to make the decision, I pussy out.

Gonna try and get up to Brissie for a game next year though. We should totally organise a full on proper meet-up where the majority of people can make it!

Don't be so silly, silly. You're speaking to someone here that has nervous twitches, adult acne, obesity, and terrible self-esteem. I loathe meeting new people and generally hate going out in public. The only reason I put on or attend gatherings is because I know that introversion is likely to be a common theme for a lot of members here. I mean, geez, let's all talk about something we are fatally passionate about... with random people over the internet, so that there's less judgement and we can all feel safe in our own dimply lit rooms. You're coming next time, even if I have to pick you up myself.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I was the same way going over to Morkel's.

I've got Asperger's Syndrome, so being out in public is not always an enjoyable experience for me, especially meeting up with people I've never met. I was terrified going over to Morkel's.

But after a while, you feel a lot more comfortable. And the people I met, they are nice people.

Alcohol helps. Drink alcohol. He had some beers that someone left in his esky. I downed those pretty quickly.

If I can do it, and I sometimes have panic attacks when in a crowd of people.. Then I'm sure you can do it.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Do it next time Ningers, you can met mean and everyone seems to be surprised that I'm not actually an arsehole IRL

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Yup, it was a pleasure to meet a couple of new people, like @Dexter and @Black Philip.

Of course, it was great to see @Nashy, @Coxy, @Fozz, @broncos4life and a couple of ex-bhq'ers, like rocky and jeza, and disappointed the usual suspects ( [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION], @Big Pete) kept their no show habit.

It would've been even better to get together after the game, but it wasn't to be...

Let's do it again, but better next year!

I see how it is...

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Do it next time Ningers, you can met mean and everyone seems to be surprised that I'm not actually an arsehole IRL

The amount of times I've had to verify this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.