Grand Final Meet Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
This must be the worst meet-up thread in the history of the internet.

It's the eve of the game, and we don't even have a definite meeting point/time, etc haha.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Driving down surfing radio stations and hardly a word about the NRL GF. There was more talk about the AFL!
The butthurt is strong with this state!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

It's the eve of the game, and we don't even have a definite meeting point/time, etc haha.

You don't. We do. You all suck ass.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Leaving for the airport at about 630am and it appears as though my next door neighbour is throwing a party.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

At The Brewery (Olympic Park), tomorrow afternoon... :wink:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I have no idea what sort of condition I'm going to be in tomorrow.

The train trip was a disaster. I thought I'd play it smart, pull an all nighter and get my sleep during the train trip to keep me fresh for the trip. Mistake, colossal mistake. I didn't manage a single moment of sleep, hours seemingly wizzed by as I did my best to try and distract myself from your typical rag-tag of bratty kids. When others were willing to play with them, they were great, but they didn't stop whinging for 14 hours. I thought after 3, I'd be in the clear but it just got worse and worse.

But I'm here in Sydney, tryng to look at what 8 years has done to this place and trying to make heads and tails of old memories. It's going to be a looooong trip and I'm going to make sure I make the most of it.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That train trip was a bugger. Ended up upgrading to first class for the trip back for the extra recline.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That train trip was a bugger. Ended up upgrading to first class for the trip back for the extra recline.

95113-Nelson-haha-meme-imgur-kncuYjp-BPu6.jpeg

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Heading down to catch the ferry now expect to be at the brewery in about 80 mins

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Drive in was pretty good until we hit the last stretch of Thunderbolts Way, the road is fucked so you cant really do the speed limit, the view at Carson's Lookout is worth it though.

I'm not sure there's time for a meet up really, everything feels really compressed since we're only here for the game then heading out first thing tomorrow morning.

Sydney is huge compared to Brissy haha.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Drive in was pretty good until we hit the last stretch of Thunderbolts Way, the road is fucked so you cant really do the speed limit, the view at Carson's Lookout is worth it though.

Did you cut down through Gloucester and onto the Bucketts Way?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Heading down to catch the ferry now expect to be at the brewery in about 80 mins

Looks like [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] is there now according to Facebook.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We've landed and are heading to the train station now on route to the brewery. Does it have food and shit? I'm starving!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Looks like [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] is there now according to Facebook.
Yup, already here with [MENTION=2003]Clintos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1890]Jeza23[/MENTION].
Broncos to Cows ratio is about 3 to 1.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yup, already here with [MENTION=2003]Clintos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1890]Jeza23[/MENTION].
Broncos to Cows ratio is about 3 to 1.

Save us some seats lads lol

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm at Central so just waiting on the train. Choo choo motherfucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Seibs
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • azza.79
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.