Greatest Origin Moments

I know, and I call myself Tunsa's number 1 fan! I should be ashamed of myself!

what about the heroes of 95!! I love that series.

pennywisealfie said:

That was the defining moment of Matt Sing. He must've held up about 30 NSW players over the course of that series! LOL

Just realised, I'm probably only Tunsa's number 2 fan, I forgot about Bernie Fertado.

Emma said:
Just realised, I'm probably only Tunsa's number 2 fan, I forgot about Bernie Fertado.

yeah, you've gotta bring Tunsa more drinks while hes working if you wanna be Number 1, Emma.

That game last year, especially if you were a spectator at the ground was so strange.

Most irritating game you could imagine for 78 minutes with both teams playing scrappy football and some innocuous ref. decisions playing a crucial role in the momentum of the game.

Then the Price situation happens. At the ground nobody had any idea WTF was going on. Some were watching the footy, others were watching the brawl and then BANG you see Waterhouse come in from behind and hit what many thought at the time to be a conscience Price from behind.

Maroons fans aren't happy and people all around my section are beginning to grow really irate. A lot of confusion and a lot of emotion are coming out of fans. It had been building for quite some time but things were still being held together by the loosest of threads...that was until Poore lifted Price up.

That was the trigger really.

Everybody, and I do mean everybody was fed up. You could almost sense some members of the crowd were going to go onto the field and assault some of the players it was that heated. I don't even know what it was, but there was that primal reaction where you see somebody attack the defenceless that pumps the adrenaline inside you.

Fortunately, nothing did result, fans just resorted to throwing cans on the field and voicing their objection. Nobody really felt satisfied, I mean, if the Maroons score a try they still won't be able to win the match.

But then something strange happened on the field. The Maroons seemed to be acting funny...

One of the players kicks for touch...

Smith gets the ball just as he usually does.

But instead of looking to pass he kicks the ball high into the air.

Everybody in the stadium understands what's going on here and all of them come up together as one and absolutely love it when they see Gidley get smashed. It was such a poetic finish and one that I will remember for a long time.

That also goes down as one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, none of them controlled that game at all.

As for Great Origin Moments...

Alfie comeback in 2001. Talk about dramatic...and what a fitting return. I would've hated to of seen Alfie bow out the way he did at the Broncos. Seeing him help the Maroons to a series victory was just such an amazing thrill.

Game 3 2002. Just has so many, you could almost consider it a 'Best of Origin' compilation based on the match alone.

Game 1 2003. Maroons might not of won but there were some really great moments involved in that match. And while I had him as one of my worst Maroons, one of the best moments I've seen from a Qlder was from Bowman when he made those two hits with a bung leg, inspirational.

Game 2 2004. Another great Origin game and this really was the dawning moment of Slater's career. Brilliant try and it was all capped off by seeing Gould walk up the tunnel early. Y'know people can say all they like about his record but I don't respect him as a coach. I've never seen a coach put himself before a team than I've seen Gus Gould.

Game 1 2005. Another classic Origin. From the arrival of JT to the Bowen intercept just a lot of fond memories of that game.

Game 2 2006. This to me was the last turning point. Queensland are starring down the barrel of 4 straight series defeats, everybody is questioning the ability of Lockyer as a five eigth and the Maroons forwards are considered soft. My favourite headline going into the match though was Adam Who? A cocky NSW journalist who should've done their research as he smashed Gasnier into the turf like the big prima donna he is. 30-6 later and Queensland are back.

Game 3 2006 - What is there to say? Just a typical Queensland victory. Everything going against them and one innocuous long distance try leads to one awesome comeback that see's one of the game's all time greats lauded with the praise he so richly deserved.

Great post Big Pete, has definitely got me pumped for next Wednesday (not that I needed any extra incentive!).

what a man.

r90761_270474.jpg

Coxy said:
pennywisealfie said:

That was the defining moment of Matt Sing. He must've held up about 30 NSW players over the course of that series! LOL
i think he held up about 30 NSW players in the first game alone [icon_lol1.

that game and then his 3 try performance in the cowboys first finals match in which they were given absolutely no chance in were the standouts in what was a brilliant career IMO.

im pretty sure he held menzies up in 95 after he got over the line and was running to put it under the posts, then BAM, sing from nowhere

it's our coaches, bastards are to busy teaching us how to play league.

I don't know.

I hear Andrew Johns has an answer though Rocky.

Big Pete said:
I don't know.

I hear Andrew Johns has an answer though Rocky.

Jamie Goddard [icon_evillaugh

I wish I could find that clip, can't find it anywhere online.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Hahahahahahahahahaha Scotty that is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it on League unlimited by chance because I never go there... but thought that it had to be shared with my fellow BHQers icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.