Greatest Rivalry of all Time?

Wait, what? Hero/Ohno is the Elbow guy. Closest thing in the WWE would be...

Damn you're probably right. The WWE could do with more mat-workers. It's a shame that Sabre Jr is a whippit, he would have been sweet in the role. He's NJPW problem now...

But I still think Melbourne are the ageing side that still somehow have the wood over the Broncos.

FYI, is it just me or do we need a Pro Wrestling thread?

EDIT: Hero is obviously Anthony Milford. :pokeytongue:
Pretty sure I started one a long time ago but I don't think it took off.

Clubs who are wrestlers

Broncos - Shawn Michaels - is the main event guy and always puts on a show every time
Souths - Ric Flair - hasn't really done anything of note since the old age but likes to remind you of the glory days
Raiders - Kevin Owens - that annoying little twerp who just does his own thing
Titans - Cesaro - new fresh, but wont win a title
Knights - Santino Marella - the class clown. Wont get to the main event but will impress you with his theatrics
Dragons - Dolph Ziggler - is just there, not doing much, but there. Has a title but no one knows why
Eagles - Randy Orton - was once the future but now is the past and has the same stale gimmick
Eels - Hulk Hogan - strong in the 80s but declining badly as the years pass
Storm - Roman Reigns - Gets pushed over the line by the corporate head wigs even though no one can stand them
Roosters - John Cena - won titles but no one likes him
Panthers - Bray Wyatt (before title win) - had a plan but it just doesn't work out
Warriors - Ryback - pushed and pushed, should have won titles but didn't.
Tigers - Kofi Kingston - all that flash but doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level
Bulldogs - Braun Strowman - uses his muscles to win matches, not much between the ears though
Sharks - Brock Lesnar - old adage of cheating to win ring any bells?
Cowboys - The Miz - the prima donna, has won championships but no one likes him.

Modern era definitely the Cowboys, Storm games given the way the game flows are often bland affairs(sure I like to beat them but I find them a bit dull affairs) whereas the Cowboys remind me of the rivalry we had against the Raiders in the 90's. Not necessarily both teams hating each other with regards to the Raiders, but rather that both played an exciting style of football and that produced some great games during that period. JT reminds me of Ricky Stuart as well in the annoyance factor lol.

Modern era definitely the Cowboys, Storm games given the way the game flows are often bland affairs(sure I like to beat them but I find them a bit dull affairs) whereas the Cowboys remind me of the rivalry we had against the Raiders in the 90's. Not necessarily both teams hating each other with regards to the Raiders, but rather that both played an exciting style of football and that produced some great games during that period. JT reminds me of Ricky Stuart as well in the annoyance factor lol.

Obviously everyone remembers the Round 14 1990 clash, but it surprises me how little the Round 4 1993 clash is brought up.

46 000 die hard Broncos fans watching two of the best Rugby League sides of all-time going at it with little separating both sides. I know Raiders fans like to go on about how they would have been specials if Stuart had have been fit, but the Broncos had a good record against them at that time and plenty of belief as well.

re the early raiders and broncos and ricky stuarts injury in the 1993 season

the broncos got the game in brisbane 12-10 i think in the early rounds.

At the pointy end of the season with sides jostling for position on the table canberra won 20-4 at the bruce.

As for brisbane fans complaining about the officialdom against the cowboys, trying being a side like canberra or nz warriors, you guys atleast generally get a good run against most teams in brisbane with the refs, as I imagine you will against us tomorrow night.

If you want to know what happens when rick comes back well then thats 1994 ;)

A highlights video from that 1990 game against the Raiders.

Greatest Fabricated Rivalry of all time

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Gaz
  • broncoscope
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • winslow_wong
  • Hurrijo
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.