Greg Inglis Assault Charges

Don't be sorry.

Sad part is I sometimes think, I am the really crazy one in my family or worse the sane one. [icon_evillaugh

Anonymous person said:
Browny said:
It sounded like you were saying its okay for Inglis as he is a once in a decade/generation player
Well that's in no way what I said, nor can I see any possible way in which it could have sounded like that icon_thumbs_u

Fair enough might have read too much into it.

I normally find Peter FitzSimons infuriating - your typical rugby lover who will take any opportunity to stick the boot into league - but I agree with him on this point:

Not so long ago, rugby league had a problem with steroids, and all kinds of regulations and testing were brought in. The strongest force for positive change, however, was Gorden Tallis, who famously reduced the likes of Rodney Howe to tears by shouting at him on the field: ''Watch out for the needles, boys, here he comes,'' and so forth. Tallis was, and is, deeply respected. And his was the loudest voice calling steroid use for what it was - outrageous cheating that had no place in the game. League needs powerful voices to say the same about those who commit violence on women.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/peter- ... 41467.html

We need high profile, well respected CURRENT players to come out and say this is not ok. They've all been far too quiet, giving the impression that it's accepted behaviour among players' circles. They should be furious that their names are getting dragged through the mud and they shouldn't be shy about telling everyone that.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Totally agree! I was saying the same thing about all the drinking related incidents last year. Administrators can do all they like in terms of education, handing out punishments etc; but the only way things are REALLY going to change is for fellow players to publicly and loudly say "It is not OK. It has no place in our game. This behaviour is completely out of line. Pull your head in etc etc etc".

That's the main reason I was so disappointed at the reaction Webbie got over his comments in his book regarding to the Alumbra stuff. He was standing up and saying that it wasn't acceptable and he got criticised for it by a lot of people to the point where he came to feel that HE was the one who had damaged the club and it's reputation.

Peer pressure has a negative connotation BUT it can also be a force for good.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

“The evidence that we are aware of that the police now have is there is no assault, rather Mr Inglis behaved as any right-thinking member of the community would have done – he protected her from harm,†Mr Croucher said.

He said had police been aware of this information initially there could have been no charges.

Mr Croucher said the fact Inglis did not give this information to police “reflects his compassion and decency and his respect for Ms Robinson’s privacyâ€.

It also reflects Inglis must be mentally retarded. Keep quiet, and be charged with assault, and potentially lose your NRL career. Tell the truth that you were trying to protect your mentally unstable girlfriend from hurting herself and she suffers a bit of embarrassment with her mental condition being public.

Seriously?

And judging by the fact his lawyer is trying so hard to make it sound like the police are stupid to do anything but drop the charges reeks of desperation.

The police charged him on his initial interview & what he said.

As I said earlier, I don't believe the self harm story one bit.

Coxy said:
It also reflects Inglis must be mentally retarded. Keep quiet, and be charged with assault, and potentially lose your NRL career. Tell the truth that you were trying to protect your mentally unstable girlfriend from hurting herself and she suffers a bit of embarrassment with her mental condition being public.

Seriously?

Really? Most people don't believe the self-harm story coming out of Sally's mouth - as if anyone was going to believe it if Inglis had said that. Besides he was probably in a pretty distressed and shocked state himself and most likely under lawyers instructions not to say anything.

But as Kaz said, he did make a statement, and it was on the basis of that statement he was charged.

It's still all very suss, and because of that I can't see any chance of the cops dropping the charges. It'll have to go to trial.

Yep and I bet his "statment" amounted to a lot of "No Comment".

I agree the cops will be highly unlikely to drop the charges and it will go to trial.

I would think it's highly unlikely that the police would bother taking it to court when the person he's supposed to have assaulted is saying that he didn't assault her. Waste of their time, waste of the courts time, waste of everyones money, and a high likelyhood that it'll be dismissed within 5 minutes in court. Who would convict someone whos been doing volunteer work to help kids etc of bashing his girlfriend when his girlfriend even says he didn't bash her? No-one.

You forget one thing. He's a rugby league player. In Victoria. "rugby" players are all evil.

You also forget Greg Bird's girlfriend said he didn't glass her either - still took it to court and he got convicted.

Exactly. We don't know what physical and eyewitness evidence there is in addition to their respective statements.

Greg Birds girlfriend also took out a restraining order against him IIRC? She also didn't change her story for a few weeks iirc?

No, the Police took out the AVO. She wanted it cancelled but the judge didn't allow it.

Anonymous person said:
Greg Birds girlfriend also took out a restraining order against him IIRC? She also didn't change her story for a few weeks iirc?

No, the police imposed an AVO against Bird preventing him having contact with his girlfriend. She tried to defy it. She stuck by him throughout the incident.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.