Greg Inglis Assault Charges

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I see, thanks for the correction. i think a glassing is a bit different - someone obviously smashed a glass in her face, and their defence was 'someone else did it', even though there was noone else there. greg inglis isnt saying he didnt harm her, theyre both saying that he had to do it to stop her from harming herself even more.

1 is not believable in the slightest, 1 is.

*hint: the unbelievable one is birds scenario.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Its up to the DPP to drop the charges. At the time the charges were laid there would have been suffiecient evidence of a successful prosecution, otherwise it is a waste of everyone's time.

Now between the charges being laid and court this "statement" of self harm has come up. It is not up to the police to decide the veracity of this statement but to provide it to court. Then the judge or jury will decide whether or not he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

In the case of domestic violence all juridictions are pro arrest and if Inglis had legal advise not to talk then the statement (which could have been an interview) and the physical evidence (bruises) etc would have been enough to charge.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not saying Inglis is guilty by any means. The story could well be true and he will be acquitted. However, the delay in the modified statement being given to police provides enough doubt for a trial to be warranted, provided the initial evidence for the assault charge was sufficiently compelling.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I just can't see them not having reasonable doubt when both parties say it wasnt assault, and there are no witnesses or evidence saying it was.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Who says there's no witnesses? They have statements from the neighbours who called the police. We don't know the content of that.

You don't know enough of the facts to say there's enough doubt about securing a conviction, just as I don't know that there's not!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 77,00.html

"MELBOURNE Storm NRL star Greg Inglis has been given the green light to resume playing rugby league by the club's board.
Inglis is charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

The Daily Telegraph reports Inglis has been under an indefinite playing suspension for the past two weeks after he was charged with assaulting his former girlfriend. But the NRL club's board said today it would drop their ban.

It is likely Inglis will be rushed straight into the side to play the Sydney Roosters at Melbourne's Olympic Park on Saturday night.

In a statement on the club's website, Storm CEO Brian Waldron said:

“Given all the information we have received at this stage, we believe in fairness, and in the best interests of Greg Inglis’ wellbeing that he resumes his playing responsibilities.

“I have spoken to NRL CEO David Gallop and he has accepted the decision.

“We have demonstrated transparency regarding this matter from the outset and have continually declared our determination to allow the current judicial process to run its course.

“In no way do we expect this decision by the board to influence or interfere with the current judicial proceedings relating to the matter."

Melbourne have lost both of their NRL games since the star back was banned from playing.

Inglis appeared in a Melbourne court yesterday and while his lawyer called for the charges to be dropped, the case was adjourned until October 14."

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I am a sticky beak, I wonder when she started the self harm.

I have seen pictures of her & there as no marks on her arms, maybe she cuts her legs.

Or unless it was a one off.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
IMO it is all a big made up story which GI missus has made up... I find it funny how certain people are so eager to sweep bashing a woman under the carpet yet having sex in a cubicle is punishable by death.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
IMO it is all a big made up story which GI missus has made up... I find it funny how certain people are so eager to sweep bashing a woman under the carpet yet having sex in a cubicle is punishable by death.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Please note I do not approve of the event of Alambhra-gate, but Beads makes a fantastic point.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Beads6 said:

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Please note I do not approve of the event of Alambhra-gate, but Beads makes a fantastic point.

Nor do I approve the incident, I am just commenting on what I am reading. It seems woman bashing should be made a sport.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think anyone is sweeping bashing a woman under the carpet - we've all pretty much said that we have no idea if the statement about it being accidental because he was trying to stop her self-harming is true, but it is feasible. If he did bash her then by all means I hope he gets the maximum sentence possible, but if it was an accident then he equally doesn't deserve the punishment. We need to wait until October when hopefully the full truth does come out.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I'm ok with women bashing, as long as Ben Creagh is the woman being bashed

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
No-ones trying to sweep it under the rug - shes saying it wasn't assault, he's saying it wasn't assault......yet some people here are basically saying they know it was assault.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Has the court stated it was not assault? No? Then he shouldn't be playing.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Innocent until proven guilty, nashy. It's the same with Brett Stewart, the NRL can't prejudge them or it will open them up to legal action.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bringing the game into disrepute should be in the contract no doubt. Legal douche bags can't do shit.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
And what has Inglis done that you can prove that brings the game into disrepute?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
He could have done nothing. However, people were pretty quick to condemn the Broncos for bringing the game into disrepute. What can we prove to say they did?

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.