Greg Inglis signing thread.

jarro65 said:
I'll be quite happy to accept it if Inglis decides to stay in Melbourne.

It'll mean they won't have any other name players in the squad for next year, but if they're happy to do that then good luck to them.

I won't be impressed if he ditched us for the Tits though.

he may not have a choice there is a reasonable chance that the Storm could say to GI that our offer is too low for them and if he wants a release then it has to be the Titans (especially since the have been reported to offer the full 660k for 2012 season)

if melbourne do somehow manage to retain Cronk, Inglis, Slater and Smith, they will be a force to be reckoned with next year even if they have to cut everyone else from their 2010 squad. theyve shown that they can basically just train up any youngsters they get their hands on to work their game plan to a T.

i still very very very very very much hope we get inglis, but sadly it looks like its not going to happen. Folau is the biggest loss we'll ever have, and without Inglis to fill that hole we're gonna have some problems.

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

The sad, sad decline.
im not sure what you guys think the word 'decline' means, but what Nelly77 posted was the truth. Darren Lockyers career and form IS on the decline. decline doesnt mean that hes bad. as well as he has played for most of the season, the last 2 seasons have, overall, been quite poor. not just 'not to his usual high level - theyve genuinely been pretty poor.

hes been on the decline probably since 2006 and earlier. to some of you who never had the pleasure of watching him in the early 00's, you might not think so - but to those of us who have watched him for his entire career, we can see that hes not up to that quality anymore. the lucky thing is that even with the decline, and his body showing its age, his footy brain is better than ever, and when he does have a good game he plays brilliantly. hes still declining though, and anyone that argues otherwise is just in denial.

just to reiterate - decline != playing badly.

"Sad decline" makes the implication that he is playing badly. He was ordinary at the start of the year along with the rest of the Broncos, but since then he has played some absolute belters. Of course he is in decline but some people are just way too critical. So no, Nelly77 did not speak the truth.

Scotty said:
"Sad decline" makes the implication that he is playing badly. He was ordinary at the start of the year along with the rest of the Broncos, but since then he has played some absolute belters. Of course he is in decline but some people are just way too critical. So no, Nelly77 did not speak the truth.
maybe you took it that way, but thats not really what it means.

'sad decline' generally means that its SAD to see someone DECLINE the way they are. ie. its not sad to see a player like steve michaels 'decline' because he was never a great, much loved player. darren lockyer is widely regarded as the best of the best, and any decline that was to happen to him is seen as sad, because of the quality of player that he is.

It would be fucking awesome to have this discussion in the very thread you are discussing too.

oh i mustve imagined the part where i said you were having a go at a particular poster? i was merely pointing out the only person to blame for bringing that topic into this one.

and we wonder why threads get locked.

I reckon if we dont get him then he should stay with the storm. Screw the Titans, they cant even pay the gas bill

Browny said:

Exactly. Contrary to some people's belief that it's censorship from the admins to avoid controversy, it's simply because so many threads get hijacked and taken off topic or on a tangent they don't have much choice!

Coxy said:
Browny said:

Exactly. Contrary to some people's belief that it's censorship from the admins to avoid controversy, it's simply because so many threads get hijacked and taken off topic or on a tangent they don't have much choice!

It seems to be the same person hijacking the threads as well.

The Rock said:
What? How did I hijack it? I NEVER brought up the topic about Lockyer
wait, so this:

The Rock said:
Embarrassing? Cannot be taken seriously? Lookling like twats?

At least they didn't come up with this pearler! - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5155

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

isnt bringing up the Lockyer topic? so posting a link to that topic, and having a go at the person for starting the linked topic, ISNT bringing it up?

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

My spies tell me Inglis just stepped off a plane at Brisbane airport...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.