Greg Inglis signing thread.

Big Pete said:
Yepz, Lockyer took a pay-cut last year.
the only thing i can find regarding actual $ figures is this:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 1118802238

"The Broncos offer is expected to be as low as $300,000, with Mimis seeking MPA and TPA payments of between $100,000 and $300,000 annually."

so im not 100% sure on what TPA payments would count under the cap, but that looks to me like he would be getting between $400k and $600k a season counted under the salary cap? id put it at the higher end too, i mean its Darren Lockyer...

Anonymous person said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 1118802238[/url]

"The Broncos offer is expected to be as low as $300,000, with Mimis seeking MPA and TPA payments of between $100,000 and $300,000 annually."

so im not 100% sure on what TPA payments would count under the cap, but that looks to me like he would be getting between $400k and $600k a season counted under the salary cap? id put it at the higher end too, i mean its Darren Lockyer...[/quote:37oo6ss7]

300k under the cap
Marque Player Allowance doesn't come out of the 4.2 million cap but an aditional figure next year of 300k
Third party agreements are not counted in the cap as long as they aren't club sponsors.

so from that article it seems we have him for around 300k under the cap, even if he is making alot more through is TPA that don't count in the cap.

apparently the reason that it took so long for his contract to be registered with the NRL is that Schubert had a number of Thirs Party deals to scruitinise to make sure that they diodn't have to be included in the cap

Yep GI is included in our cap at $300K reported in the SMH and the rest of his package will come from TPA.

TPA are unlimited which is why we can stay under the cap!

didnt want to waste time starting a steve micheals appreciation thead so ill add it in here. A special thankyou to you for your 4 good games because without that we wouldnt have offered you 120k and would not have it spare now for GI. You turned something so shit into something so good.

After reading some of the Articles about GI coming here and reading some of the quotes from him, i wonder if he actually wants to come here, or if he's only doing it because he thinks it would help the Storm out. I do hope he will be happy up here, because if he's not i doubt we will see his best footy.

Foordy said:
After reading some of the Articles about GI coming here and reading some of the quotes from him, i wonder if he actually wants to come here, or if he's only doing it because he thinks it would help the Storm out. I do hope he will be happy up here, because if he's not i doubt we will see his best footy.
It's evident GI is mostly upset about leaving the Storm at the moment, which doesn't mean he's unhappy to come to Brisbane, especially since there were solutions to keep him, but he was the one who went and asked for a release.

IMO, it plainly makes him a better person, because he shows recognition towards his mates, his coach and the club whoe made him the star he is today!

Once he settles as a Bronco, get's the commodities associated with being a Bronco star and gets married, he shouldn't ever feel the need to look back.

P.S. Kuddos to Cullen, he and Gee did indeed handle this matter with the utmost professionalism and excellence.

Nicely put audragon.

I think he's just going through the motions of a player who leaves a club they've been at for a while.

Footy today is a business, and you have to go where the opportunities are, not always where your loyalties lie.

Once he gets over the initial move, he'll kill it up here.

I beleive that GI is on the Footy Show tonight ... might check it out for once

Controversy Corner had Paul Kent accuse the Broncos of cheating.

His main talking point was Lockyer is allegedly on a contract worth 250K.

Big Pete said:

As well as what the 'Thoroughbreds' are used for...

Big Pete said:

That is classic. [icon_lol1.

langer77 said:
go webbie just served paul kent on the matty johns show

what did he say?

accusing someone of cheating on national TV with out proof is a lawsuit waiting to happen

Webcke was about to hulk up on Kent.

I loved how Webbie with just a wave of his hand told Roach to leave his insignificant opinion to himself while he handled with the troll in the corner.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.