Greg Inglis signing thread.

Fair enough......I had forgotten he was coming !!....so we must be still okay if we've unloaded Sims and his bro plus Winterstein....I understand of course that we weren't paying Winters heaps but we must have paid a bit for Sims because he was going alright when we first hired him. I just cannot believe the Broncs would do anything wrong under normal conditions so when under such scrutiny , impossible.

I agree. I think it's all fine, but I am not surprised by the outcry.

theres absolutely no doubt that we'll be under the cap.

but looking at our team on paper, its a damn good team. the reason we're under the cap though is that as good as they all are, its most of our players first contracts or in Thaidays case hes only really stepped up to big-dollar-worthy-form this year.

Anonymous person said:
theres absolutely no doubt that we'll be under the cap.

but looking at our team on paper, its a damn good team. the reason we're under the cap though is that as good as they all are, its most of our players first contracts or in Thaidays case hes only really stepped up to big-dollar-worthy-form this year.

That's true and take into account who has left there is no doubt we are under cap.

In addition the corporate deals that our players can attract.

Inglis would attract so much corporate dollars playing in Brisbane compared to Melb.

Plus our management should not be underestimated they are obviously a talented bunch in managing the books hehehehehe

after the 2009 and 2010 seasons we have lost:

Hunt
Folau
Sims
Clinton
Winterstein
Marsh
Setu

most of those on decent coin

and gained

Inglis
Hannant
Tronc

I think the big part of the out cry about us rorting the cap is people think that because Thaiday and Parker are playing brilliant footy this year and to a lesser extent last year that they are on well over 300k a year. by they are failing to see or just don't take into account because is doesn't suit their agenda, is that when Thaiday and Parker actually signed their last contracts they weren't playing anywhere near the level they are now, so weren't worth what they will command when they next renew their contracts

I'm probably wrong, and I think I've said this before. But, I think Parker, when he signed his last contract, said he was happy to get less than what he was worth on the market to stay a Bronco for life.

Mister Wright said:
I'm probably wrong, and I think I've said this before. But, I think Parker, when he signed his last contract, said he was happy to get less than what he was worth on the market to stay a Bronco for life.

I remember hearing that also.

I heard in the Sydney rumour mill that quotes from Ivan Henjak from June said that he could not afford to get Greg Inglis, because the Falou money was for upgrading the younger players contracts (which we have now done). But when you look at the increase in the marquee player allowance, and the fact that we are letting go of Sims and maybe Setu, frees a bit of cash up. I can understand why other fans and clubs are thinking something fishy is going, I just wish everything was more transparent, and after the whole Storm thing I believe it should be more transparent.

WOW Brisbane Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen has reacted sharply to today’s media speculation surrounding the signing of Greg Inglis and the Broncos’ ability to fit him into their salary cap.

Cullen was on the front foot when referring to 'faceless' CEOs from other clubs and misinformed media commentators who appear to obviously not understand or have bothered to understand the salary cap rules.

“Not only are the figures attributed to the Inglis contract generally well off the mark, no one seems to have looked at player movement away from our club for next year, or even what recent changes to the salary cap rule next year mean for the Broncos,” said Cullen.

From the Broncos top 25 NRL squad this year the following players are departing:
• Israel Folau
• Steve Michaels
• Lagi Setu
• Ashton Sims
• Antonio Winterstein

Those player departures have freed up in excess of $1.1 million and come on top of Karmichael Hunt, Joel Clinton and PJ Marsh exiting from last year’s squad.

In addition, the salary cap has increased by $350,000 with a $100K cap increase, $100K veteran player allowance and an increase of $150K in marquee player agreements.

In a nutshell that puts the club up to $1.5 million better off for next year.

The Broncos have signed only Ben Hannant and Greg Inglis and still have some change left over.

rest of the article here: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... s-accusers

That's awesome, and quite transparent! Good job Bruno, slay the haters!

People are always going to rant and rave about being over the cap, but if you take a step back and look at the squad it's easy to see that it wouldn't be.

Locky, Hannant, GI and Hodges would take up a large chunk of the cap - at least 300k each you'd imagine.

Guys like Thaiday, Parker, Tronc, Wallace and Kenny would all be on 120+ I reckon.

The rest would range from minimum 50k to 100k. Someone like Gillett would be on bare minimum plus bonuses, and Kemp would be in the upper range of that.

All speculation, but people aren't thinking about the fact Thaiday is playing well and will get a huge upgrade for 2012, likewise Parker.

Foordy said:
WOW Brisbane Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen has reacted sharply to today’s media speculation surrounding the signing of Greg Inglis and the Broncos’ ability to fit him into their salary cap.

Cullen was on the front foot when referring to 'faceless' CEOs from other clubs and misinformed media commentators who appear to obviously not understand or have bothered to understand the salary cap rules.

“Not only are the figures attributed to the Inglis contract generally well off the mark, no one seems to have looked at player movement away from our club for next year, or even what recent changes to the salary cap rule next year mean for the Broncos,” said Cullen.

From the Broncos top 25 NRL squad this year the following players are departing:
• Israel Folau
• Steve Michaels
• Lagi Setu
• Ashton Sims
• Antonio Winterstein

Those player departures have freed up in excess of $1.1 million and come on top of Karmichael Hunt, Joel Clinton and PJ Marsh exiting from last year’s squad.

In addition, the salary cap has increased by $350,000 with a $100K cap increase, $100K veteran player allowance and an increase of $150K in marquee player agreements.

In a nutshell that puts the club up to $1.5 million better off for next year.

The Broncos have signed only Ben Hannant and Greg Inglis and still have some change left over.

rest of the article here: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... s-accusers

Yeah, reading that article makes so much sense.

I keep forgetting that Steve Michaels would be on a pretty decent cash. [icon_lol1.

Wallace got a decent upgrade after like 10-12 games for us though.

Je$ter said:
Locky, Hannant, GI and Hodges would take up a large chunk of the cap - at least 300k each you'd imagine.

Guys like Thaiday, Parker, Tronc, Wallace and Kenny would all be on 120+ I reckon.

The rest would range from minimum 50k to 100k. Someone like Gillett would be on bare minimum plus bonuses, and Kemp would be in the upper range of that.

I think you're underestimating the prices there. Isn't the minimum amount for someone in the clubs top 25 players something more like $80K? If this is the case, I think all your prices are underestimated by $30-50K

OXY-351 said:
[quote="Je$ter":100l4y9v]Locky, Hannant, GI and Hodges would take up a large chunk of the cap - at least 300k each you'd imagine.

I think you're underestimating the prices there. Isn't the minimum amount for someone in the clubs top 25 players something more like $80K? If this is the case, I think all your prices are underestimated by $30-50K[/quote:100l4y9v]

the NRL minimum wage is 55k

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.