Greg Inglis signing thread.

ningnangnong said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Apt picture.

It feels like 1997 over at LU with the way they're carrying on.

Haha, I was just having a squiz at that 'GI to the Broncos' thread. Talk about jealous. [icon_lol1.
I've given up trying to argue some sense into the idiots, my last post in that thread reflects prefectly my thoughts... [icon_lol1.

Great to have Inglis on board but apprently he said that once Melbourne gets fixed up he will return so it looks like he will only be up here for the 2 years:(:(

Does anyone really think the Broncos are stupid enough to rort the Slary cap after what happened to the Storm?? NO NO NO. Jealousy is a curse, maybe some fans should take a long hard look at there club and wonder why players don't want to play for them for less money.

broncos777 said:
Great to have Inglis on board but apprently he said that once Melbourne gets fixed up he will return so it looks like he will only be up here for the 2 years:(:(
I doubt that very much, as he could have stayed there apparently:
According to the new Storm CEO, they had 2 plans to be under the cap next year, including one with Inglis (and the other 3) in the team, but it was Inglis wish to move to the Broncos and closer to his fiancee that basically sealed the deal.

broncos777 said:

Fair enough; but as we all know, a lot can change. He and the Mrs may start a family up here; he'll probably win a couple premierships with the Broncos too. [icon_shru

Meh, I'm under no illusions that he'll be here any longer than 2 years. Let's make the most of it.

most of our youngsters would be due for pay rises come 2012/13 anyway...

Crazy Sam said:
most of our youngsters would be due for pay rises come 2012/13 anyway...

Yep, and guys like Gillett, Glenn, Yow Yeh will be superstars in their own right by then.

IF EVER there was a time when the NRL should have thrown out the rulebook and declared every single detail of a player contract, this was it.
Instead, the not-so-surprising announcement yesterday that Greg Inglis had finally done the business to become a Bronco from next season has left a pall of suspicion hanging over the code - again.

Now Brisbane have their own Fab Four: Darren Lockyer, Sam Thaiday, Justin Hodges and the most destructive centre in the code, who is believed to have signed a two-year deal worth upwards of $1 million..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5903669200

LOL this is really starting to shit me off. SO now the Broncos must be cheating the cap.... For starter none of Hodges, Thaiday or Lockyer are getting paid 600k by our club. Also Lockyer is past his prime and Hodges is struggling and Thaiday has only turned into a gun this season. All 4 of the Storms fab 4 are in there prime now. It is not even in the same ball park.

I love it. Bring on the hate. It's been a while since fans of other clubs have been really jealous of us. It feels like the old days.

I swear the telecrap must be the worst news paper in the country, Rothfield, Rebbeca LOLson, Paul Kunt, etc They've got the biggest bunch of toss port journos with no idea.

Couldn't we so for defamation?
I mean he is pretty much straight out saying we are cheats....

Bah, let 'em think what they will.

There's no way in hell the NRL would let this deal happen unless everything was 100% above board.

I think the only people happier that GI is moving to Red Hill than Broncos fans are the owners of the local BCF

in 2 years time we will be in the same situation as melbourne were - only we will lose 5-6 players because of it, instead of rorting the cap to keep them.

well at least i hope we dont rort the cap.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.