Greg Inglis signing thread.

Surely after the whole Storm salary cap scandal, other clubs would've learned their lesson...

broncospwn said:
I swear the telecrap must be the worst news paper in the country, Rothfield, Rebbeca LOLson, Paul ****, etc They've got the biggest bunch of toss port journos with no idea.

Couldn't we so for defamation?
I mean he is pretty much straight out saying we are cheats....

Amen brother i cant stand phil Rothfield and paul kent

Anonymous person said:
in 2 years time we will be in the same situation as melbourne were - only we will lose 5-6 players because of it, instead of rorting the cap to keep them.

well at least i hope we dont rort the cap.

Depends what happens with Locky and Hodges.

Anonymous person said:
in 2 years time we will be in the same situation as melbourne were - only we will lose 5-6 players because of it, instead of rorting the cap to keep them.

well hopefully the new Salary cap concessions and Independant comission can change that.

Anonymous person said:

Won't be so bad. We'll just let Inglis go, Lockyer will retire, and we'll lose one of McCullough, Hunt and Wallace...

League Unlimited. One of the crappiest web sites related to our great game.

All this inuendo sucks. Having said that, I think it's undoubtedly an issue for the Independent Commission to consider. If there is a lack of confidence in the salary cap that needs to be addressed.

FTR I'm completely confident that the deal is above board but the only way to dispell stories like this is so ensure the salary cap or whatever you want to call it is transparent and the game's stakeholders have confidence in it.

BTW: Stoked to have locked him in. I think the change of club for Inglis will be great. Can you imagine the crowd when he makes his debut in one of the trials next year? Just have to ensure that the expectations are dampened before next year. There is a story in the CM that we've been installed as Premiership favourites for 2011. We can't get too far ahead of ourselves.

To sign all these young guns and also Inglis is a credit to whoever is running the show at the moment. Things are really looking up for us next year. I'm very excited to be a Broncos fan, thank goodness i'm a QLDER!!

Hopefully Locky retiring will allow us to keep our roster together, however if he has taken a substantial pay cut as has been touted than we may lose a few unfortunately.

i dont think he took a pay cut as such, i think he merely took a lot less than he COULDVE got by going to super league etc.

by that i mean hed still be on 500k+ under the salary cap, but super league teams/union would EASILY pay up to $800k+ a season to nab Lockyer from the NRL.

Why anyone would think the Broncos expect to hold onto Inglis longer than 2 years is beyond me. He'll go to Union, England or AFL to get a bigger contract unless the cap has gone up a heap.

We let Folau go, we paid him about 350 odd a year, we get an increase of 150 thou and put Folaus cash with the increase and pay Inglis what he's getting, is that right so far ?? So exactly where is a rort located ?? Have we bought a whole heap of others too .....and kept it quiet ??? .......it seems pretty transparent but have I missed something ???...

News got a bloody nose over the Storm so it's inconceivable they would try to rort the game in broad bloody daylight !!

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Socnorb
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • KnToad
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.