Greg Inglis signing thread.

broncospwn said:
Well according to all reports we are signing him for 2 years(which I think is shit because one year and this whole sage is back in full force) and with most of the squad signed till 2012 any cap space we have for the next two years we may as well use if it is otherwise not going to be used.

you pretty confident he will be signing?? [icon_pray.

The Greg Inglis mystery could be solved within the next 48 hours with Brisbane far from out of the race for his hotly contested signature.

It's been more than three weeks since Brisbane put forward their official offer in the vicinity of $400,000 a season.

After releasing several players to keep under budget in 2011, salary cap rorters Melbourne are now better positioned to fend off bids for their superstar centre who is also considering offers from the Titans and South Sydney.
Advertisement: Story continues below

The battle for Inglis could be known within the next day or two following a series of talks in the past week involving his manager Allan Gainey, Melbourne and NRL salary cap chief Ian Schubert.

It's understood the sticking point remains the exit payment Melbourne would have to make to top up Inglis's reported $650,000-a-season contract should he go to another NRL club next season.

However it's believed the negotiating parties are very close to making a decision on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reports on Monday suggested both the Titans and Broncos were resigned to Inglis staying with the Storm.

While Gold Coast chief executive Michael Searle was prepared to wave the white flag, Brisbane officials were not giving up on securing Inglis, a perfect fit to replace AFL-bound Israel Folau.

The club would not comment on Monday on speculation they'd missed their man.

In fact they continued to maintain the quiet confidence they've displayed since Inglis's agent contacted them last month to gauge the club's interest after it emerged the Storm may be unable to keep their "Fab Four" of Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 11twy.html

Broncos are getting desperate. I rekon Storm have said to the Broncos if you up your offer another 200 grand we will release him to you!

don't want him for any more than 400k

broncos777 said:
Broncos are getting desperate. I rekon Storm have said to the Broncos if you up your offer another 200 grand we will release him to you!

I highly doubt that we would have another 200k under the cap to pay him

pennywisealfie said:
don't want him for any more than 400k

i think a lot of people are rating inglis' worth on his current form, let's remember he is playing in a team that i just playing for sh_ts and giggles. he is definately worth 400k and then some....

If we've already locked away all the young talent that we want to keep, i can't see a problem with lashing out an extra couple of thousand K to snare GI.

If by doing that it means we're running the risk of losing a couple of promising youngsters, then i don't agree.

Foordy said:
broncos777 said:

Well we have lost Folau who was on more than 400k plus we had some spare and we have off loaded a couple, we have sgned Hannant for 250k so I rekon we have about 150k spare at the very least so you are probally right I guess. Just under 200k.

I can't personally see why the storm would want to let him go. Why would they when they still have to pay him anyway? I think the only way it will happen is if the NRL are happy for him to be released for the lesser amount.

Are there any special rules in a normal early release? It's fair enough that a player is entitled to the money they signed for under a current contract, but if they want to leave on compassionate grounds it should be a different story. All of the other NRL clubs wouldn't see it that way though (in this case).

broncos777 said:
Foordy said:
broncos777 said:

Well we have lost Folau who was on more than 400k plus we had some spare and we have off loaded a couple, we have sgned Hannant for 250k so I rekon we have about 150k spare at the very least so you are probally right I guess. Just under 200k.

it was reported that we signed Hannant for 350k a year not 250k

rowdy24 said:
Did anyone else hear that Lockyer is in melbourne "seeing" the doctors down there about his ribs??

Could he be talking to inglis?? [icon_shru

they just said on Fox Sports News that Lockyer is in Melbourne to receive treatment for his rib cartilage injury. I would have thought he could get treatment in Brisbane for that injury, surely there is a good doctor up here capable of treating him :D

Foordy said:
rowdy24 said:
Did anyone else hear that Lockyer is in melbourne "seeing" the doctors down there about his ribs??

they just said on Fox Sports News that Lockyer is in Melbourne to receive treatment for his rib cartilage injury. I would have thought he could get treatment in Brisbane for that injury, surely there is a good doctor up here capable of treating him :D

are you suggesting a player swap with Lockyer?? I hope not

Donny said:
Foordy said:
rowdy24 said:

are you suggesting a player swap with Lockyer?? I hope not

HELL NO... i'm suggesting that he was sent down to try to get Inglis up here somehow :D

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.