Gus Gould rides a very fat horse

broncospwn said:
Bannermania said:
Rothfield texted him and asked "Silly question, but will you ever help out and coach NSW?"

And Bennett replied "You're right, that is a silly question".

True story.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
I love Bennett.

Anyone else finding it hard to imagine Bennett texting though? :P

I think it would look really creepy. Don't know why.

broncospwn said:
Bannermania said:
Rothfield texted him and asked "Silly question, but will you ever help out and coach NSW?"

And Bennett replied "You're right, that is a silly question".

True story.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
I love Bennett.

Anyone else finding it hard to imagine Bennett texting though? :P

Maybe Mark Gasnier taught him how before he left the Dragons

Coxy said:
Gould will never put his money where his mouth is in anything. He's excellent at highlighting problems, and absolutely hopeless at proposing solutions.

Look at the way he attacks Gallop and the administration. Fair cop on a lot of the criticism, but what does he propose as an alternative? Nothing.

He criticises selections, coaching etc for NSW, but what does he offer as solutions? Nothing.

He's nothing but an armchair critic, and he'll never put his hand up and say "I'll try and fix these problems" because he doesn't know how, and would hate to suffer the humiliation of trying and failing.

+1

Did anyone see him on The Sunday Roast on the weekend? When he was quizzed about coaching NSW, or at the very least, being a selector, he kept saying they aren't the jobs you apply for, you get asked to do those jobs, and if someone asked him, he'd probably do it if the situation was right.

While this may be true, it seemed like he wanted the NSWRL to come crawling to him begging for his help, rather than putting his own hand up to lend a hand. Seems like a lot of ego stoking to me.

OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:
Gould will never put his money where his mouth is in anything. He's excellent at highlighting problems, and absolutely hopeless at proposing solutions.

Look at the way he attacks Gallop and the administration. Fair cop on a lot of the criticism, but what does he propose as an alternative? Nothing.

He criticises selections, coaching etc for NSW, but what does he offer as solutions? Nothing.

He's nothing but an armchair critic, and he'll never put his hand up and say "I'll try and fix these problems" because he doesn't know how, and would hate to suffer the humiliation of trying and failing.

+1

Did anyone see him on The Sunday Roast on the weekend? When he was quizzed about coaching NSW, or at the very least, being a selector, he kept saying they aren't the jobs you apply for, you get asked to do those jobs, and if someone asked him, he'd probably do it if the situation was right.

While this may be true, it seemed like he wanted the NSWRL to come crawling to him begging for his help, rather than putting his own hand up to lend a hand. Seems like a lot of ego stoking to me.

Yep.

Compare it to Wayne Bennett in 2000. He was genuinely hurt by what happened to QLD that year and knocked on the door of the QRL and said "I want to help fix this situation, and here's what I want to do".

Coxy said:
OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:

+1

Yep.

Compare it to Wayne Bennett in 2000. He was genuinely hurt by what happened to QLD that year and knocked on the door of the QRL and said "I want to help fix this situation, and here's what I want to do".

Didn't a few players play a part in bringing him back too? I seem to remember it was reported that a couple of Broncos players asked him if he would help out again.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.