NEWS Haas gets pay bump, long term deal in holding pattern

News LTD is reporting the Broncos board will formally approve a 3 year extension to Payne Haas' existing contract to tie him up for another 6 years. Money not mentioned, but there is talk of grooming him for future captaincy. The deal appears to be done, but won't be formally announced until after the season. It will be the longest contract in the Broncos' 33 year history.

Walters:

“Payne is a natural leader, not so much with his words but his actions. He is never far off the ball whether it’s attack or defence. When you are building a premiership team, you need middle forwards like Payne Haas. The Storm have Jesse Bromwich. The Roosters have Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. Every top team has a dominant prop."

“Payne is a remarkable forward, he has a great work ethic. He wants to win at all costs and that’s what we need throughout the whole club.”

Ikin:

“Payne is a special player. He is a powerhouse, he leads from the front on the field in one of the toughest positions you can play in a game. He brings his best to every training session and every match. He is world class. He is the guy others in the club look to. He does it with his leadership and it’s based on actions. He performs with great humility."

“Payne has this view on the world where he is committed to doing things for others, he is very cognisant of the fact he is part of a team. As single-minded as you need to be to succeed in the front row, Payne has this great affinity for his teammates and they really recognise that. It is innate in Payne. He is leading for others. It‘s not just all about him. He has some magnificent traits as a leader.”

Greg Alexander:

“Having seen him in the NSW set-up, I’ve seen Payne’s attitude. When you sign someone for a long time, you have to consider will they handle things emotionally and does it matter how much they are paid from year to year? The player’s performances would have to stay consistent and I see that in Payne. It wouldn’t matter how much he was paid or how long for, I know Payne would do the job week in, week out.”

McHunt

the initial reports (which i always give more credence to as they happen before the media have time to get their stories straight) were $2.25 million over 3 years or 750k a year ... but i guess taking on an extra 50 fits their agenda's and/or narrative better
Citation please.

Citation please.

one from May 12th do.

Reynolds wanted to finish his career as a one-club player but his management on Wednesday said the 30-year-old hoped to formalise a $2.25 million three-year deal with the Broncos in coming days.

one from May 12th do.

Reynolds wanted to finish his career as a one-club player but his management on Wednesday said the 30-year-old hoped to formalise a $2.25 million three-year deal with the Broncos in coming days.

And you know how that Badel is wrong that Reynolds is on "around" 800k next season?

Let me illustrate it like this:

You buy three big black butt plugs: one smooth, one knobbly and one ribbed. You don't look at the individual prices, but they come to $2.25 all up.

Your friend asks you how much they cost each.

You say: "oh, around 70 or 80 cents."

Is that a good enough answer, or will your friend fly into a raging tantrum and call you a liar?

At some point you have to let go and accept all contract numbers are rubbery. If Reynolds is on $772,650.00 next season is that "around $800k" as far as it's anyone else's business? Or would you be happier with "around" 750k? Or do you believe all the contracts are precise round numbers?

Starting to think we just use Haas in his prime for the rest of his contract then let the Roosters have him.
Tired of these two faced players and their close affiliations with rival clubs/members.

Dont get me wrong, i love Haas as a player, but all this bullshit around him and Sonny Bill and the Rorters just makes me want to see him leave.
Wish we could get some through and through Broncos that only wanted to play for us, and were willing to commit to being one club players.
Honestly that's basically the market now. Even Melbourne had Hughes shopping himself everywhere, B.Smith is doing it right now, Munster was. The only club that seems to be immune to players shopping themselves around is the Roosters.

Honestly that's basically the market now. Even Melbourne had Hughes shopping himself everywhere, B.Smith is doing it right now, Munster was. The only club that seems to be immune to players shopping themselves around is the Roosters.
Yep you are not wrong.
The one club player is a dying breed.

And you know how that Badel is wrong that Reynolds is on "around" 800k next season?

You buy three big black butt plugs: one smooth, one knobbly and one ribbed. You don't look at the individual prices, but they come to $2.25 all up.

Is that a good enough answer, or will your friend fly into a raging tantrum and call you a liar?

At some point you have to let go and accept all contract numbers are rubbery. If Reynolds is on $772,650.00 next season is that "around $800k" as far as it's anyone else's business? Or would you be happier with "around" 750k? Or do you believe all the contracts are precise round numbers?

Is the difference in plugs a major at your academic institution?

They cost more than that. I’ve heard.

Yep you are not wrong.
The one club player is a dying breed.
The mentality is that of US sports now, you have a limited shelf life and you should get the best deal for yourself and whoever is willing to pay it.

I think most players are happy to maybe win a comp and get selected for rep sides, but as far as staying at a club on unders long term - not anymore.

The mentality is that of US sports now, you have a limited shelf life and you should get the best deal for yourself and whoever is willing to pay it.

I think most players are happy to maybe win a comp and get selected for rep sides, but as far as staying at a club on unders long term - not anymore.
I don't mind shopping yourself around, but have some decorum and don't do it when there is 2 years left on your contract.

As a side note, I also dislike any wringing about I'm not being paid enough when you earn more than half a million dollars a year. Get a grip.

The difference is, the players over there can’t do it until they have officially finished their contracts (UFA) Here for some fucked up reason these dudes can just go and negotiate whenever the **** they want, it’s ridiculous.

There are many things in life that make me ruminate anxiously. Rumours of Payne Haas leaving the broncos are at the top of the list. NGL.
relax, the world will turn if he leaves. least you'll still have your scotch.

I am reminded of the quip...

Why are the arguments in academia so fierce? .... Because the stakes are so low :)

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • broncotville
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • simplythebest
  • Behold
  • Skyblues87
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.