Have the Titans just saved Brisbane from itself?

I'm really open to the idea that we do a swap deal with the storm if CS9 plays on a year. Milf for Harry Grant. Hell I'd even pick up some of Milf's wages to sweeten the deal.

God, what a coop that would be..! Your right wed have to pay a lot of that wage.

But maybe Milf could use a new team, new coach etc, maybe get 80% back to his best..? If so hed be a great signign for the Storm

And in return we get the next great Queensland hooker for hopefully the next 10 years...

A lot of levers to pull and stars to align to get something like this to actually happen, but going for someone like Grant, even if it takes 2 more years of waiting, is the kind of long term successful planning we should be implementing...

Nov 1. We should be making huge plunge on guys off contract for 22. For example if we were to throw $800K plus at Grant for 3-4 years, he’d probably be released for 2021, maybe even a swap with Milford.

Hmm...a lot of maybes in that paragraph.

Nov 1. We should be making huge plunge on guys off contract for 22. For example if we were to throw $800K plus at Grant for 3-4 years, he’d probably be released for 2021, maybe even a swap with Milford.

....yeh it wont take too much to get this ship turned around...particularly if we can lock down 1 or 2 of those key spine players of the right age group...

Yes, it'd become 'untenable' and we'd get him early! It's worked before and look how great it's turned out😒

well at the very least we should be in discussions with Grants management....arguably also RTS management as well while we are at it...

Last edited:
well at the very least we should be in discussions with Grants management....arguably also RTS management as well while we are at it...

Boy, that would be an exciting spine! RTS with strong carries, Grant running the show. Croft running the ball and Dearden finishing sets.

Man, I hate this forum! At times it can get your unrealistic hopes up and then reality strikes!

Last edited:
I'd be throwing Fifi's money at Harry Grant even if we have no intention of signing him. Time to bloody some noses in other clubs over us missing out. It would at the very least force the storm to pay a lot more than they are and we might be able to knock someone else loose.

Rinse repeat for all the top eight teams, play at their upcoming stars coming off contracts, try and flood the market with cheaper middle of the pack individuals we can scoop up.

I'd be throwing Fifi's money at Harry Grant even if we have no intention of signing him. Time to bloody some noses in other clubs over us missing out. It would at the very least force the storm to pay a lot more than they are and we might be able to knock someone else loose.

Rinse repeat for all the top eight teams, play at their upcoming stars coming off contracts, try and flood the market with cheaper middle of the pack individuals we can scoop up.

This. Even if we don’t get these players. Word will get around to the best players in the business that The Broncos are on the hunt. If you throw enough bait out, you’ll eventually catch a fish. We’ll also inflate other teams’ salary caps.

One of the reasons we paid Milf what we ultimately did was the Strom feigning interets in him and driving up the price his agent then demanded....

What delicious irony if we can in turn do that for the Storm over Grant..!

KARMAS A BITCH..!!!
[automerge]1595917454[/automerge]
Boy, that would be an exciting spine! RTS with strong carries, Grant running the show. Croft running the ball and Dearden finishing sets.

Man, I hate this forum! At times it can get your unrealistic hopes up and then reality strikes!

Being under contract RTS would be hard work getting him out from under the Warriors nose....

Doesnt mean we should not be engaging and begin to sell him and his family the benefits of beign paid Aussie dollars instead of NZD...living in the sunshine state etc...

As i said, it would be hard to pull off, but certainly not impossible...

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of keeping Bird he is too fragile, he may well do a Scott Prince and remain relatively injury free for the rest of his career and become an important player for another team but i'm over that fella. Try to offload him to some suckers.

I don't like the idea of keeping Bird he is too fragile, he may well do a Scott Prince and remain relatively injury free for the rest of his career and become an important player for another team but i'm over that fella. Try to offload him to some suckers.

hard to argue with your sentiment; again i reckon its got a lot to do with his mental state of mind, i cant imagine the injuries and rehab he has gone through means he has fond memories of our club necessarily..

im sure through his manager he has made the club aware of what his plans are, as far as i know he hasnt opted in for next season (is that true..?)

If however, somehow he returns next season, he is staying and is healthy, then yeh we could use him

Id love to give him a go at lock forward but thats arguably a pipe dream after all his injuries..

hard to argue with your sentiment; again i reckon its got a lot to do with his mental state of mind, i cant imagine the injuries and rehab he has gone through means he has fond memories of our club necessarily..

Then time for the club to pull on their big boy pants and tell him to request a release.

I’m ok with keeping Bird at right centre. I’m not entirely sure Centre is Staggs best position either, I think he’s a 6.

I think our forward pack is good enough even without Fifita. They are getting rolled atm because our spine is in shambles, confidence is down and maybe our coach is shit not 100% sure on that one yet.

It's a shame to see Fifita leave but if I had to let one go it would've been him. He's just too good (too expensive) of a player in a non-important position.

With the money he's on at titans I'd pick pick 30 other players before I picked him.

Some would argue our spine is struggling because our forwards are getting dominated. I don’t think we have the forwards to play a power game. Always too flat footed anyway.

The biggest IF here is that our board and administration can finally use some intelligence. Tough ask!

Grant is under contract for two more years at the Storm- he has a deal his money isn't changing when he goes back.

I’m ok with keeping Bird at right centre. I’m not entirely sure Centre is Staggs best position either, I think he’s a 6.

well..once we can no longer make finals...no better time to find out than trial stuff in the remaining H&A fixtures...you want to see if Staggs is a 5/8th....sure ....do it then...lets see...
[automerge]1595974063[/automerge]
Grant is under contract for two more years at the Storm- he has a deal his money isn't changing when he goes back.

doesnt make him untouchable....

If CS9 plays on again.....all bets off.......particularly if he makes Origin this year....he will WANT to be a full time 9, not another Branden Smith

Wont have much of a Origin career from the bench; id imagine he demand to be starting....so thats Mlebournes problem to solve.....but you cant convince me Smith will do him a favour...

Again, if you dont ask.....

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • Strop
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • Redux
  • cento
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Allo
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.