Henjak and '09

Hopefully the signing of Setu and Teo will be able to bring a little bit of offloads into the Broncos game, and we all see what happens when get get some second phase play going. :D

Burg said:
Russo said:
As Broncos fans our expectations will be high as usual, the question will be whether many will be able to handle / cope with mediocrity when it arrives IMHO next year. An interesting year ahead for the Broncos and BHQ !!!

I thinkthis is a very good post. Your right Russo, I wonder how many people were even born when the Broncos last missed a finals series? An interesting next few years... eusa_think

I still have high expectations, we have a few good players coming through and still have one of the best teams on paper in the comp. I dont think enough has changed to warrant us to not make the 8.

We still have the one and only Lockyer, Wallace, Marsh (lets be honest he's not shit), Hodges, Hunt, Izzy. If Clinton keeps up his form, Sims, Parker gather some then you had Setu and T'eo. It's premiership winning material. It's just whether or not Henjak can instill confidence within all these guys and get the most out of them for '09.

The thing that excites me most is that besides Lockyer we have a team that will be around for many years to come (for the most part). And whether or not 09 is successful or not we could have a very good few years ahead of us.

Imagine if we have the next super coach in the building here?

Burg said:
I wonder how many people were even born when the Broncos last missed a finals series? An interesting next few years... eusa_think
eusa_think how young do you think everyone is? Sheesh, 1991 (?) wasn't that long ago ...was it :shock:

We'd have quite a few 16-17 year olds here. And certainly plenty of 20-21 year olds who would have been too young to remember 1991.

Russo said:
As Broncos fans our expectations will be high as usual, the question will be whether many will be able to handle / cope with mediocrity when it arrives IMHO next year. An interesting year ahead for the Broncos and BHQ !!!

Definitely going to separate the die hards from the fairweathers. Quite frankly I think a season or two in the dungeons would do some fans good.

Oh for sure! It'd be great for the diehards. The fairweathers who praise the wins and condemn the losses and jump on other bandwagons would disappear. I'd love that.

I don't understand why people don't like the bandwagoners? Some people just put more importance on footy than others, who cares?

I don't mind the bandwagoners. I just don't want them bagging the band when they don't produce the same sweet music all the time.

Jump on board and support us while we're doing well, all good. But if you want to get off, do it quietly, keep your opinions to yourself, and board a connecting wagon that suits you better.

I don't think fairweather fans have the right to criticise to be honest.

Ahh, I see, yeah, that makes sense. No right to put the slipper in when we're down and out.

Coxy said:
We'd have quite a few 16-17 year olds here. And certainly plenty of 20-21 year olds who would have been too young to remember 1991.

Yeah, I am 20 and the first game I remember sitting down to watch was 1992. Think it was aganist Illawara.

I'm 21 in December, my earliest memory of the Broncos is the 1992 final, and I only have vague memories of it. 95 onwards is where I have my better recollection of league.

I'd say no Broncos fans would know the taste of complete & utter failure, cos the first couple of years were about building the club...and since then we've made the finals every year.

mrslong said:
I'd say no Broncos fans would know the taste of complete & utter failure, cos the first couple of years were about building the club...and since then we've made the finals every year.

We have only missed the finals twice in existence and both times we finished 7th (with a top 6 finals series)!!! Never finished lower than 8th [icon_lol1.

Such an easy team to support, we're all bandwagoners!!

ronnyd said:
mrslong said:

We have only missed the finals twice in existence and both times we finished 7th (with a top 6 finals series)!!! Never finished lower than 8th [icon_lol1.

Such an easy team to support, we're all bandwagoners!!

Technically 3 times we missed the finals (which were top 5, not top 6).

1988: finished 7th, 2 points outside the top 5 (3 teams were tied on 30 points, Balmain were 6th on for and against and won the play off against Penrith, went on to make the Grand final!)
1989: finished equal 5th, but were eliminated in the midweek play off for 5th. Ironically, we were ahead of the Sharks on for and against, so in modern rules we would've made the 5
1991: finished 7th, 1 point off finishing equal 5th with Canterbury and Wests - and we had a far superior for and against than either of them

Yes Hammo, I did require the assistance of a web site for this information! :P

mrslong said:

The start of 1999 would go close. I remember watching Melbourne thump us at ANZ, and it didn't get much better for awhile after that...

There's been moments of failure no doubt, but nothing like the years and years the Roosters went through and the Rabbitohs and the Dragons etc.
2005 was pretty devestating, winning 10 in a row and then losing the minor premiership [icon_thumbs_do

mrslong said:
There's been moments of failure no doubt, but nothing like the years and years the Roosters went through and the Rabbitohs and the Dragons etc.

Absolutely. We've been lucky, that's for sure. But I can't see us dropping to those kind of lows anytime soon. We always tend to find a way to drag ourselves out of any hole, and hopefully that is an attitude that Henjak keeps going.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.