Henjak and '09

Lets be honest we are due for a poor season or two. Hopefully we don't ever get them but the next 3 seasons could be the toughest in the clubs short history.. I am not looking forward to the Broncos being competitive, it will be interesting to see how the crowds react to the team losing more often than winning.

I reckon we'll be solidly middle of the pack, no worse. Let's face it - the Broncos of the last five or so years have hardly been the sure things they once were. A drop to a fifty-fifty record or slightly worse is not going to be that big a slide. If the effort is there but the wins still elude us, I'll be happy enough. If we start to lose and stop turning up to play, that's another matter entirely.

Culhwch said:
I reckon we'll be solidly middle of the pack, no worse. Let's face it - the Broncos of the last five or so years have hardly been the sure things they once were. A drop to a fifty-fifty record or slightly worse is not going to be that big a slide. If the effort is there but the wins still elude us, I'll be happy enough. If we start to lose and stop turning up to play, that's another matter entirely.

i agree here, and it was one of bennetts favourite lines over the last few season, performance > result.

Hopefully Henjak is able to keep the egos in check.

There is nothing sadder in life than watching prats swan about with delusions of grandeur. That is a sure recipe for poor performance, failure and then the blame game starts - players wanting a release because it is someone else's fault etc.
Hopefully that will not be the case next season.

I'm sure Ivan will come up with creative game plans and set plays - after all, he was a clever halfback in his day and he has served his apprenticeship.

Whether some of the players allow themselves to be coached remains the key to 2009.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
There is nothing sadder in life than watching prats swan about with delusions of grandeur. .
I think children dieing of starvation is sadder than that.

Agreed mrslong.

And there's only one Bronco who I think is a prat who "swans around with delusions of grandeur".

Coxy said:
Agreed mrslong.

And there's only one Bronco who I think is a prat who "swans around with delusions of grandeur".

Hodges? You really do dislike him. :P

I happen to think there's only 1 now ex Bronco who does that...and he was never actually a player...just an assistant coach.

Lighten a tad Mrs Long.
Just a brief heads up, the context was / is a Rugby league forum.

Lighten a tad Mrs Long.
Just a brief heads up, the context was / is a Rugby league forum.
eusa_think .... dude [eusa_doh fail

Sorry mrslong, I'm not up with your scratchings.
I don't understand.
This is the problem with faceless communication which luckily, I mainly avoid.
I'm an old fashioned sort of guy, so do me a favour and write what you mean in clear English... I know Coxy, who is another old-fashioned fellow, appreciates it too.

This is the problem with faceless communication which luckily,
*searching for nodding emoticon...* Indeed.

I tend to think of forums particularly about trivial things like sport, as a bit of a laugh, so very rarely post anything seriously, and sort of think most people are doing the same.

meh my bad i spose [icon_shru

I think there are quite a few players with delusions of grandeur. I can name 3 straight off the top of my head.

Sorry Mrs long - I misunderstood your first reply post.

i'm always happy with a top 8 finish. anything after that is a bonus, as anything can and will happen in the finals.

a top 8 finish means the team has been bearable to watch for most of the year!!! :P

mrslong said:
I'd say no Broncos fans would know the taste of complete & utter failure, cos the first couple of years were about building the club...and since then we've made the finals every year.

I disagree. 1999 was pretty bad considering the highs we'd come to expect in the years before. By the Broncos standards, given the team(s) we had, 1999 was right up there in the failure stakes.

Caniffe said:
mrslong said:
I'd say no Broncos fans would know the taste of complete & utter failure, cos the first couple of years were about building the club...and since then we've made the finals every year.

I disagree. 1999 was pretty bad considering the highs we'd come to expect in the years before. By the Broncos standards, given the team(s) we had, 1999 was right up there in the failure stakes.

No offence but 1999 wasn't as bad as you make it out to be(certainly not in the area of losing a Grand Final, perhaps if we had of finished dead last then yes), granted we got off to a shocker start and Langer's departure was hard to take but the determination, spirit and energy the club showed to rise from that to make the finals made it one of the most exciting seasons to be a Bronco supporter. Not to mention the new players we unearthed that season that stepped upto the plate, overall I don't think 1999 was a horrible season to be a Bronco supporter in fact it set us up for the 2000 season, I've been far more disappointed in recent seasons frankly and that all comes back to the sides commitment to never give up or lack there of.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.