Henjak and '09

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just wanted to see what you guys want Henjak to implement into the Broncos culture/playing squad.

First I want to welcome him to the main job :)

Now onto more serious matters [icon_evillaugh

- I'd like to see him throw a few rookies in the deep-end. Uncover the next big thing.
- I want Henjak to choose his squad based on form not fame
- I want Henjak to abolish our drinking culture and with Benton have Broncos as the fittest league side in the NRL (ala 06).
- I want Henjak to get a bit more involved with Lockyer as far as coaching is concerned. Almost like an assistant coach/captain, as we look toward Lockyer possibly joining the coaching ranks post retirement.
Last but not least..
- I want Henjak to take us to an '09 Premiership :)

mal said:

I want Henjak to take us to 12 in a row, to beat the Dragons record...asking too much? [icon_shru

was just watching the replay of the under 20's game against the wariors and there are certainely some fine prospects. McCollough and Yow Yeh stood out for sure. Ben hunt is a player of the future 2!

P7. nothing else matters.

I agree with that sydney_bronco. I will be very interested to see how we go next year. Personally I agree about the working with Lockyer thing, hopefully Henjak has learnt enough of WB to make this happen.
Just on the under 20's. Hoffman, Yow Yeh and Hunt are all or at least could all be fine players. I don't think many people are doubting our depth of talent in the outside backs. It's the forwards I am very worried about. For mine they didn't stand up all year this year, we missed Civo more than I could have imagined. And apart from the one they did they write-up on in last weeks sunday mail, there doesn't appear to be that much front-row talent coming through?
Anyway this thread is about Henjak, so i will save that discussion for another thread...

ALL i see if you want, what about what henjak wants :P

mal said:
- I'd like to see him throw a few rookies in the deep-end. Uncover the next big thing.

Check.

- I want Henjak to choose his squad based on form not fame

Check.

- I want Henjak to abolish our drinking culture and with Benton have Broncos as the fittest league side in the NRL (ala 06).

Triple check.

Well, that'd be nice, I guess...

I'm really keen for Henjak to do his own thing and get out of the Bennett shadow as soon as possible. If he does the first three he'll succeed in that. Of course if he does the last it'll be follow the leader, but I can cope with that.

I want all the things Mal suggested (though I'm not hell bent ona premiership, that's just a nice to have). And I want the Broncos management to show patience in Henjak and not expect instant results.

I actually expect the same results....exactly the same or better. Should results decline in ANY way at all then the decision to remove the most qualified coach in Australian history and replace him with a first-grade novice will be an incorrect one.

If that decision was based on logic alone then what would be gained ?? Results must be expected, or a decision to remove Bennet seems entirely pointless. Broncos management would hardly expect results to decline, they surely expect at least a continuation of the current level. Reason suggests they would not do so to get a lower standard, that'd be stupid would'nt it ??

Their expectations are then clearly a continuation and an improvement...after all, that's why they did it ....is'nt it ??

I think given the personnel change combined with the change of coach would tell management that the potential variation in results will be higher next year than most before it.

I would think they'd set their target to be similar to this year's performance, but have a higher range of tolerance, particularly in not reaching that target, than they would if they had kept Bennett for 2009 and not lost so many players.

My expectation is lower for next year than what it was for this year and I base that on the lack of an experianced engine room, mainly in the pro-forward department. I'm not sure we have the size and power to compete with the top teams. Sure we have the backs, but if our forwards dont go forward then that is a problem. I'm hoping for a top 8, maybe 6th.

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
I actually expect the same results....exactly the same or better. Should results decline in ANY way at all then the decision to remove the most qualified coach in Australian history and replace him with a first-grade novice will be an incorrect one.

Im not really sure what your on about but:

1) The decision was made by the coach to leave. He had one year left to run on his contract.
2) The playing roster is going to be weaker next year than it was this year. So all things are not equal.
3) The decision to 'remove' the coach (even though he left of his own accord) would have had to have been made anyway, after what he did with the roosters in 2006.
4) and most importantly. short term pain always has to be suffered for long term gain. Bennet was never going to coach forever, and to think we will improve every season starting from the minute he leaves is nieve more than anything else.

As Broncos fans our expectations will be high as usual, the question will be whether many will be able to handle / cope with mediocrity when it arrives IMHO next year. An interesting year ahead for the Broncos and BHQ !!!

i recon if henjak can guide the team respectably and with minimal fuss into the finals, he deserves another year in charge. Alot will depend on the contact situation with lockyer, hunt and thaiday of course.

I'll be interested to see if Henjak is still coach of the Broncos in two or three years ...

As Broncos fans, we've been used to stability and longevity when it comes to the coach, but will our club now become like every other club out there, ie, changing coaches every couple / few years ... ??

The first thing I want fro Henjak and his players is a win over the farken Dragons!!!!!!!

Russo said:
As Broncos fans our expectations will be high as usual, the question will be whether many will be able to handle / cope with mediocrity when it arrives IMHO next year. An interesting year ahead for the Broncos and BHQ !!!

I thinkthis is a very good post. Your right Russo, I wonder how many people were even born when the Broncos last missed a finals series? An interesting next few years... eusa_think

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.