VOTE HERBIE FARNWORTH: BHQ Player of Round 3

Who is your player of Round Three (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was great to see Isaako do his thing. Herb wins it though because he 'did his thing' for 80min.
Herb won because he is a forum favourite and Issako isn't. He had 2 breaks against the slowest centre in the competition with enough space to fit the Grand canyon.

Issako broke open the game scored the first and setup the second try. It isn't even a debate when you take out favouritism

Herb won because he is a forum favourite and Issako isn't. He had 2 breaks against the slowest centre in the competition with enough space to fit the Grand canyon.

Issako broke open the game scored the first and setup the second try. It isn't even a debate when you take out favouritism

Which is ironic because what you are saying applies 100% to your post.

Which is ironic because what you are saying applies 100% to your post.n
What are you inferring? That Issako is a forum favourite or my favourite? He isn't. I can say he was the best for the Broncos and outside opinion agrees - dally m - I don't think Farnworth got a point.

What are you inferring? That Issako is a forum favourite or my favourite? He isn't. I can say he was the best for the Broncos and outside opinion agrees - dally m - I don't think Farnworth got a point.
I think he is suggesting that the Bulldogs defence for the Isaako breaks were fucking awful. Which is true at least for the first try.

Have to say Farnworths break were off shit defence as well
I agree, but as someone who was a Herbie doubter last year, he does look to have had a massive off season.

He is consistently making solid meters when we're coming out of trouble and he is linking well with Mead. I don't think he'll be a superstar like Staggs, but he might end up a better version of Jack Reed, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Both Isaako and Herbie were good. Herbie a little more consistent through out the game, Isaako broke the deadlock out of nowhere.

It’s splitting hairs really, but acting like it’s a sure thing either way is just arguing for the sake of it

Last edited:
I agree, but as someone who was a Herbie doubter last year, he does look to have had a massive off season.

He is consistently making solid meters when we're coming out of trouble and he is linking well with Mead. I don't think he'll be a superstar like Staggs, but he might end up a better version of Jack Reed, which is nothing to sneeze at.
Nah I agree Farnworth was excellent and is a wonderful prospect..and deserved votes.but isaako won us the game

Is it just me or does anybody else think that Isaako is a bit of a ball hog and a bit of a show pony.?
As good as the stepping was for that first try, i think he had 3 unmarked team mates on the inside he could have passed to if he had of looked.
Imagine the uproar if he had of been tackled and bombed the try.

Yeah, fair call mate. I don't argue for a second that it was Isaako that changed the the game. As I said, it was great to see him do his thing. I'm an Isaako fan btw.
Imo the thing is though, I honestly can't remember the last time our club performed for more than 30/40 minutes in a game.

Playing 80min is important.
!

Yeah, fair call mate. I don't argue for a second that it was Isaako that changed the the game. As I said, it was great to see him do his thing. I'm an Isaako fan btw.
Imo the thing is though, I honestly can't remember the last time our club performed for more than 30/40 minutes in a game.

Playing 80min is important.
!
I never got off the Isaako or Croft train. I reckon both can excel, they just need to believe we believe in them.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that Isaako is a bit of a ball hog and a bit of a show pony.?
As good as the stepping was for that first try, i think he had 3 unmarked team mates on the inside he could have passed to if he had of looked.
Imagine the uproar if he had of been tackled and bombed the try.
He bombed one in the first half after one of herbie's breaks. After croft was tackled, the ball went to isaako who only had to pass the ball further to the right but instead he stepped inside but got caught and threw a panicked pass out the back. Luckily croft got to it and got a kick away but it was bombed none the less.

He also showed shades of hoggman in the trial against the cowboys. He made it into the backfield and only had to draw the fullback and pass to dearden but he held onto it, got caught and again threw a panicked pass out back, but again luckily for him dearden got back to it and was able to pass it to a winger to score.

All things being equal with opportunities and injuries, I can see big things for Herbie. His acceleration, speed, and step and swerve remind me a lot of Renouf. The soccer kick, or rather pass, he laid on for Dearden was beautiful to watch. He has also has a good footie brain which for me, at this stage of things, separates him from Isaako, and Staggs. Future star, for mine.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.