OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Ok, seeing as you are such a fountain of knowledge, answer two simple questions:
1. How much did Brisbane offer
2. How much did he sign with Redcliffe for

Because you struggle with comprehension, I have not once said he did sign for what he is 'worth' or that what he is 'worth' is comparable to Staggs.

Given you know he isn't on a 'heap' of money, I expect you to be able to answer both questions with evidence as you obviously have 'claimed' this and by admission, you also have not 'made this up'.

Let's think this through. I was the only one that knew he wanted to play right side, I was the only one that knew his dinner wasn't to sign a Broncos' contract and I was the only one that knew he'd given up on fullback.

Trying to cheap sledge me into saying his salary won't work though. You're right I have no evidence. So got me there.

You're missing the point, you keep claiming how much he's left for a huge pile of money, yet this massive amount still doesn't equal Staggs. It shows it's not a massive amount. If it was, he'd be past Stagg or equal but he still behind him by a lot.

It's a clear counterargument to your "Heaps" claim.

doesnt really say directly but says stuff like 'wayne was the first coach to sign him,nice of him to reach out to sign him' and the redcliffe dolphins having the melbourne storm forwards.finishes with him saying he thought it was a good time to move on.
Whats he saying about the ex-Storm forwards.......?

He considers them having more upside than the current Broncos crop? A couple of near washed up Bromwich boys and Kafusi...
vs Payne, Patty, Jensen, etc etc etc?

Makes no sense.

Being coached by WB and more cash seems to be the more obvious reason.

He considers them having more upside than the current Broncos crop? A couple of near washed up Bromwich boys and Kafusi...

Makes no sense.

I can't remember the article exactly, can't read it right now but wasn't he saying more with the storm forwards it was about learning about the winning culture and what it takes to win a premiership and stay at the top?

Agreed. Mariner just looks something special, he might well end up better than both…he also might end up a total bust but his upward trajectory is stunning.

I still think people need to be careful with the Mariner hype. For a kid his age, he's doing well, but hes doing well playing as a right center. I don't see him coming into the team and doing the same sort of thing playing on the left. He's more than likely going to be playing right wing and Cobbo will replace Herbie.

Let's think this through. I was the only one that knew he wanted to play right side, I was the only one that knew his dinner wasn't to sign a Broncos' contract and I was the only one that knew he'd given up on fullback.

Trying to cheap sledge me into saying his salary won't work though. You're right I have no evidence. So got me there.

You're missing the point, you keep claiming how much he's left for a huge pile of money, yet this massive amount still doesn't equal Staggs. It shows it's not a massive amount. If it was, he'd be past Stagg or equal but he still behind him by a lot.

so his reason is so he can play right side ?

Makes no sense.

Just that having the ex storm forwards there he thought it was a good time to move on id have to read again to get it exact

Just so everyone stops going in circles discussing what he did or didn't say, here's the actual quotes.

“When I first signed (an NRL deal in 2018) for the Broncos it was under Wayne. He didn’t get a chance to coach me but it is nice him reaching out and signing me for his new team,” Farnworth said.

“They’ve got all those Storm forwards (Dolphins recruits Jesse and Kenny Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi) who have been a key part of that (Storm) team for so long. “They have a real strong (forward pack) at the Dolphins ... I probably thought it was time to move on.”

“At the moment I am just happy in the centres. When I go to the Dolphins I will be keen to play centre.
“If Wayne sees me in a different position then he sees me in a different position, but my head is fully on centre now.”

“I absolutely love the Broncos. I have been here since I was 15 and I moved out (from England) to play for the Broncos,” Farnworth said.
“It was a very, very tough call (to leave) but I am 100 per cent on board for this year.

“I just want to push on and give it all my best this year and hopefully win a comp in my last year. It would be unreal.”

“In my first full season at the Broncs (in 2020) we got the wooden spoon so it is definitely a nice change to win the first four games. Hopefully, we get better each week,” Farnworth said.

“It was a super-special moment to be part of that first game between the Broncs and the Dolphins. It was good to be on the winning side,” he said.

So it's your typical nothing quotes you say when moving clubs.

How am I missing the point when I started this point of conversation? Like, how is it actually possible that I can be missing my own point.

I mean come on man, I actually laughed when I read this post.

This is a nothing issue. The introduction of the Dolphins saw an additional $12mil cap enter the market and the whole NRL is profiting from it. Either they are upping the ante on contracts at their club, or they are getting offered more money from the Dolphins which is the case for Fleg and Herbie. Kevy summed it up very well in that regard. The whole NRL have lost players to the Dolphins, the Broncos are no different. They obviously see small upside in promoting Herbie and losing Mariner, specifically when we have the likes of Arthurs on bugger all and Mariner wont be getting a massive upgrade until he delivers in the NRL. I think losing Herbie and Fleg to more money at the dolphins works in everyone's favour. The Dolphins get two gun players, the Broncos free up cap space so their priority signings aren't jeopardised and the players profit.

I think the key thing is to keep the leaders together and fill the gaps around them which is exactly what the Broncos are doing.

The next two players we need to do deals with are Haas and Mam, this November they are free to talk with anyone, last year Haas looked sure to leave now I'm not sure.

Mam on the other hand will want a big upgrade on what he is on surely.

The next two players we need to do deals with are Haas and Mam, this November they are free to talk with anyone, last year Haas looked sure to leave now I'm not sure.

Agree. But I don’t think we’ll be signing Haas before the end of the season. If we make a deep run in the finals I’m fairly certain we will see Haas re-sign (maybe a 1 or 2 year extension). However, if we fade out again he will most likely go to market.

Let's think this through. I was the only one that knew he wanted to play right side,
That's not true. It had been discussed to the point of received wisdom on here ad-nauseam before the fullback distraction. Which, had come directly from Herbie's mouth on multiple occasions. And no, it wasn't made up by journalists.

I was the only one that knew his dinner wasn't to sign a Broncos' contract and I was the only one that knew he'd given up on fullback.

Without contradicting @Sproj I can't vouch for you "knowing" and certainly @Sproj was amongst the few who were skeptical of the purely Badel sourced rumour that he'd verbally agreed to stay. It was a very convincing rumour and I believe Badel believed it was true.

BUT I can attest you were the ONLY one who claimed inside information the rumour was false. So formal credit for that.

As for why he really left. It's not a stretch to guess it was for more money than the Broncos thought he was worth to them OR some kind of personal chemistry reason none of us know.

On the topic of journalists getting shit wrong, and whether they're "lying" or jumping the gun, I can heartily recommend Kemp's interview with Andrew Webster (SMH) where he discusses how many times he's been blatantly lied to by well known sources (he calls friends), such as player agents, players and coaches and instances of last minutes changes in mind that have made him look stupid. He also confirms he and other journalists don't write the headlines, something that's been tedious to continuously explain:

I would of been in talks with Mam 4 weeks ago. The longer the season goes on the higher his contract will get if he his form keeps up.
Come November other clubs would be offering him money we won't be able to match if he has a breakout year.

Jesus H Christ!

This forum is backwards sometimes. Here we are, killing it in the early season, and I swear more forum members are going for each other's throats than when we picked up the spoon!

Love you all: don't stop on my behalf - I'm just grabbing the popcorn. Anyone know if Cult is still on the angry sauce?? :happy:

The longer this season goes on the more this hurts, where are we going to find a player who can do Work like him in the centres, it would help if we can keep Oates fit but players like him that work soo damn hard off our end are proving to be quite rare.

If Arthars could put on a good 5-8kg in the off season maybe he could do that, but Herbie puts his hands up for more runs than any other back lately, that said Staggs has slowly gotten more involved this season more than we have ever seen, if he keeps building on that it definitely helps.

At this stage I think moving Cobbo next year is the right move, it takes him away from the kick returns which he can be very hit and miss on, and he generally isn't too far off Herbie in the hard runs lately, the commentators go on about how he has put on more size but I bet half of that is fat because his runs don't look any stronger bending lines than last year, Herbie who is around the same size is much more lean muscle and punches through a bit more plus he looks more nimble.

The longer this season goes on the more this hurts, where are we going to find a player who can do Work like him in the centres, it would help if we can keep Oates fit but players like him that work soo damn hard off our end are proving to be quite rare.

If Arthars could put on a good 5-8kg in the off season maybe he could do that, but Herbie puts his hands up for more runs than any other back lately, that said Staggs has slowly gotten more involved this season more than we have ever seen, if he keeps building on that it definitely helps.

At this stage I think moving Cobbo next year is the right move, it takes him away from the kick returns which he can be very hit and miss on, and he generally isn't too far off Herbie in the hard runs lately, the commentators go on about how he has put on more size but I bet half of that is fat because his runs don't look any stronger bending lines than last year, Herbie who is around the same size is much more lean muscle and punches through a bit more plus he looks more nimble.
I hope we buy Averillo. Although he is a downgrade he is a good good age with some experience. Has some utility and even if we move Cobbo would be useful in the outside backs pool

Without knocking Herbie's work ethic - which is beyond reproach - bear in mind his replacement will be sharing the load by passing the ball to other players like Walsh, Capewell and Oates. We'll be fine. Just different. And I'm hoping, more potent in attack.

Without knocking Herbie's work ethic - which is beyond reproach - bear in mind his replacement will be sharing the load by passing the ball to other players like Walsh, Capewell and Oates. We'll be fine. Just different. And I'm hoping, more potent in attack.
I think Mariner will be an upgrade on herbie. By all accounts he is tearing qcup to shreds week in week out. I just hope he has herbies work ethic. We need it

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • westy316
  • Bronx48
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.