NEWS He's just a winner: Turpin

Turps isn't the subject of the article, Kevvie is

Although on him, he's actively won us about 4 games out of the 14 we've won in the last two years and a couple of those were out of position at halfback

Yep. He pulls off some miracle plays.

I'd love B Smith but I'm really keen to see how Turps goes this year. His defence is aggressive and he hits hard. Fun player to watch.

Yep. He pulls off some miracle plays.

I'd love B Smith but I'm really keen to see how Turps goes this year. His defence is aggressive and he hits hard. Fun player to watch.
I think b Smith would be great for us but I simply want him bcos, well, what are the other options. We definetly need a great spine player who knows how to win but turpin is definitely getting a worse wrap then he deserves on here.
He was either coming back from injury into a poor performing and low confidence team, or he was out injured all together, for the entire year. He brings energy in attack and defence, he may not have the perfect passes or pass choice but it's serviceable. We missed his energy and enthusiasm last year. He DEFINETLY isn't the worst of our spine.

I think b Smith would be great for us but I simply want him bcos, well, what are the other options. We definetly need a great spine player who knows how to win but turpin is definitely getting a worse wrap then he deserves on here.
He was either coming back from injury into a poor performing and low confidence team, or he was out injured all together, for the entire year. He brings energy in attack and defence, he may not have the perfect passes or pass choice but it's serviceable. We missed his energy and enthusiasm last year. He DEFINETLY isn't the worst of our spine.

I know I’ll called a negative Nancy again but while Turpin has things to like, he is injury prone and inconsistent. He’ll come out with that game where he looks as good as anyone and then backs it up with three weeks of average play. If he can become consistent, he’ll be good but right now, he is probably a bit overrated.

No I’m not saying he is the biggest problem in the team, he definitely isn’t but if you can get a guy like B.Smith who is as consistent at it gets AND at a high level, you take it. Though if we held out to go all in on Grant, I’d prefer that by FAR.

I think his "inconsistency" is the thing that gets over rated the most. Put some of his games into context with the remainder of the team......was he really that bad(?) I'm not so sure.......

His injury problems are of some concern.

I think his "inconsistency" is the thing that gets over rated the most. Put some of his games into context with the remainder of the team......was he really that bad(?) I'm not so sure.......

His injury problems are of some concern.

I put him in relation to other 9s and team form doesn’t have to be his individual form. I’m hoping Kevvie gets this team to show some consistency but it is up to the individual players themselves.

I put him in relation to other 9s and team form doesn’t have to be his individual form. I’m hoping Kevvie gets this team to show some consistency but it is up to the individual players themselves.
I think at this level the Coach really more than ever honestly can't do it for you. It really is just their job to create and foster an environment and culture where consistency and excellence can thrive (which is pretty clearly where Anthony Seibold monumentally failed).

Beyond that, it's really up to the players themselves to take advantage of that environment to achieve success. If Kevvie can do his part, then the players need to meet him half way and do their part too.

Turps isn't the subject of the article, Kevvie is

Although on him, he's actively won us about 4 games out of the 14 we've won in the last two years and a couple of those were out of position at halfback
Round 16 2019 vs. Cronulla
Round 21 2019 vs. North Queensland

What are the other two?

That's still impressive for a rookie, just genuinely curious.

I don’t think you can come in and be a Bellamy day one as a new coach. It turns a lot of the playing group against you like what happens with Madge at the tigers.

I think this off season you push them hard, but let them enjoy footy again after what they’ve all just been through. I also think it’s obvious the players need to be better communicating which comes from building these connections.

Next offseason you’ve won them over, you’ve moved on some more of the weak minded, brought in some more good trainers, and now you can really start to crack the whip and build that Storm type culture.
Sounds good, but isn’t that what Seibold tried, or thought he was doing?

Not that I think for a minute Kevvie’s style will resemble Seibold’s in any way.

What are the other two?

That Roosters game in 2019 round 10 springs to mind.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is how our spine goes with a coach that knows what he is doing.
I have a feeling the likes of Isaako, turpin, macca (and croft if he gets a chance) will surprise a few when the constraints of the previous coach are taken off and a little more cohesion of the squad is built.
You saw the difference when macca went to the knights how his game improved, and he can certainly help Turpin in some areas and vice versa if they are not following a 50 point game strategy.
The big question is Milford. People are saying he is the fittest they have seen him. If thats true, it's a start. I still have my doubts about his capability to rise to the challenge Walters will put before him but if anyone can unleash mild's potential, it will be Walters.
In 2015, he was a finely tuned sports car. In 2020, he was a Great Wall left on the beach of straddle after a king tide.

I know I’ll called a negative Nancy again but while Turpin has things to like, he is injury prone and inconsistent. He’ll come out with that game where he looks as good as anyone and then backs it up with three weeks of average play. If he can become consistent, he’ll be good but right now, he is probably a bit overrated.

No I’m not saying he is the biggest problem in the team, he definitely isn’t but if you can get a guy like B.Smith who is as consistent at it gets AND at a high level, you take it. Though if we held out to go all in on Grant, I’d prefer that by FAR.
How can you say b Smith is anymore consistent then turpin when he's yet to play anywhere near a season as a starting hooker? We don't know he will be yet

Sounds good, but isn’t that what Seibold tried, or thought he was doing?

Not that I think for a minute Kevvie’s style will resemble Seibold’s in any way.
No, Seibold came in and started writing Good Will Hunting equations on a white board and made the players keep NFL style note books, training at 150% game speed, and started cutting beloved clubs men like he was Homer Simpson. Literally couldn’t have made it less fun if he tried.

No, Seibold came in and started writing Good Will Hunting equations on a white board and made the players keep NFL style note books, training at 150% game speed, and started cutting beloved clubs men like he was Homer Simpson. Literally couldn’t have made it less fun if he tried.
Macca is still dogshit awful though

2021 player of the year

images

What are the other two?

Well I went back through all the highlights of the games we've won, and yeah those two are the standouts. There's also the first game of 2020 where he scores the first try, which one could argue got us onto the front foot early, but wasn't match-defining. Had we scored in the Seggy Roosters game after he forced the dropout that may have counted as it could've turned the game, only he threw an intercept on the following set hahaha

My love may have exaggerated his impact, but after the last season and a half it's easy to do that.

I still don't see how people have McCullough ahead of him. Macca isn't a bad player per se, it's just Turpin has more attacking ability. Kevvie even dropped Macca from Origin following a losing series.

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.