His Marbles GOOOORNE??????

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
spoonbled said:
it does seem a little like he's not too worried about the broncos future. I dont blame him for what Cullen has done. The team needs to bleed new players in these times like Beae/Hunt/Hoffman etc. But WB keeps putting perry and the likes in their place. like i said a while ago, if he likes perry so much then offer him a contract to be the dragons halfback next year.

He wont get a run there! He has Hornby, Soward and now Rogers in front of him. However Rogers might not be there next year, depends on how he plays for the rest of this year [icon_lol1.

But who knows WB could drop Soward or Hornby to reserves to play him [icon_lol1. [eusa_doh

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I've always supported Bennett but this year these selections are really starting to piss me off. As markmac said when you see the lineup Bennett has chosen you just know we'll play like sh*t and you don't know whether its worth watching. And God knows why he selects players who are clearly out of their depth in the NRL when he could be giving someone else a go.
Anyone who says Stagg is fine at No.6 is clearly on crack too. Stagg is a pretty ordinary backrower as it is, why the hell would we put him at 5/8??? I'd prefer to play Dave Taylor there TBH.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't Stagg play most of the game in the centres anyway today? I didn't watch it (just listened on the radio) but this is what I heard from someone else who watched it.

B

broncos85

BRL Player
May 1, 2008
Didnt wayne play Moon at 5/8 2day??

what happened... we got smashed and against canberra!! I know we lost our halves and both hookers but still it was canberra!!

Im not a fan of Perry and Stagg in the halves but there obviously isnt anyone up to NRL standard, that could do a better job. Im not a selector but i kinda think wayne knows what he's doing and wether people on here like it or not he's going to have the best understanding of the players than anyone on here!! Sure our results havnt been great recently during origin period but i hardly thinm thats wayne's fault, he;s been an amazing coach and people are going to regret it when he's gone cause i can see a long slide for the broncos once he leaves!!

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Alec said:
Didn't Stagg play most of the game in the centres anyway today? I didn't watch it (just listened on the radio) but this is what I heard from someone else who watched it.

There was a bit of the old switcheroo happening between Moon and Stagg.

Moon seemed to be taking most control in attacking areas, which makes me believe he was playing 5/8th. Also the fact that Stagg only made 18 tackles for the game makes me believe that he did play the majority of the game in the centres!

Either way neither played that great, team didnt as a whole. They just didnt look up for it today! Only one who did was Corey, who couldnt do much more to try and spark us [eusa_clap.gi

D

Denny Crane

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yes you all called for his head years ago. We've won a comp since then. We're in the middle of the origin period where where traditionally struggle. WB has pulled us through in the past and I can us going very close again this year.

Your calling for his head/doubting him is so repetitive and boring and it is amazing how quiet you all are when we are winning. We're still a majorly successful club with a record any other team would love to have. I think the fella knows what he is doing.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think complacency has become rife in the Broncos since they found out he was leaving.

Its quite shocking. Just thank yourselves that you're not on the cusp of folding. Just be thankful. But at the same time, I can see that Bennett has been doing incredible things to the Broncos side that I haven't seen in some time.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
....and then in october when we win the premiership, everyone will be like "sorry we doubted you mr bennett, you're the best coach evaaaaah!"

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Denny Crane said:
Yes you all called for his head years ago. We've won a comp since then. We're in the middle of the origin period where where traditionally struggle. WB has pulled us through in the past and I can us going very close again this year.

Your calling for his head/doubting him is so repetitive and boring and it is amazing how quiet you all are when we are winning. We're still a majorly successful club with a record any other team would love to have. I think the fella knows what he is doing.

Problem is, even if we win another premiership this year, all these people will just say that Bennett's a crap coach, we only won because the players played out of their skins..blah blah

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Hope next years coaching staff dont fall into that same trap of persisting with players that just dont perform week in week out in certain positions... Henjak [icon_pray.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
fenomeno said:
Denny Crane said:

Problem is, even if we win another premiership this year, all these people will just say that Bennett's a crap coach, we only won because the players played out of their skins..blah blah

Exactly.

Denny what you said was absolutely spot on mate icon_thumbs_u

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seems yesterday he didn't inspire the players to put in an effort. Usually that's the one thing you can guarantee with a Bennett coached team.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
we won in 2006 because lockyer and hodges played out of their skins, but more importantly because every other team just fell right off in the finals and played horribly.

we were nowhere near the best team throughout the year, just like we've been nowhere near the best team ever since 2000. made the finals every year, sure, but havent even looked like winning in any of those series apart from 2006.

like ive said before, we couldve won the 1998 premiership and the 2000 premiership with a plank of wood for a coach, thats how good those teams were. in the years since then, especially with the introduction of the limited interchange, we needed a coach with new game plans and the willingness to try new things and experiment to keep us ahead of the pack. this has been our downfall, since we havent had that coach. we won 5 premierships within 10 years, then it took another 6 years to win 1. something right there shows me that bennets not the great coach he once was.

See that's why people expect so much from Wayne Bennett. It's because of his success early on winning 5 Premierships in 10 years.

Mate you've gotta realise that it's harder to win Premierships these days than it was when we were really successful. That is evident by the fact that not one team has won back-to-back Premierships since the Broncos did it in 97-98. And even since then, only the Storm and the Broncos have won 2 of them.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Permiers don't have to be the best all through the year. That's the beauty (or ugliness?) of a one off Grand Final.

The Broncos have been brought back to the pack since 2000 by the salary cap kicking in. That's the primary reason. I don't disagree that Bennett's plans have become a bit stale, but we've bled players in that time period.

And yet the Broncos are the only premiership winning team since then to have made the finals every year since.

2001: Knights. They faded out in 2005.
2002: Roosters. Ditto, faded out in 2005.
2003: Panthers. Bingo, faded out in 2005.
2004: Bulldogs. Faded out in 2005.
2005: Tigers. Flunked the next year.

So despite injuries, the cap, and a supposed-over the hill coach with no idea, the Broncos have managed to outperform the above.

The Storm will be the first team since the Panthers in 2003/04 to have a strong defence of their title.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
rnabokov said:
Jebadude said:
Hard to believe we won a Premiership only the season before last eusa_think

Jeb, take Locky out of that team, and we would have been FLOGGED.

And take Cameron Smith out of the Melbourne GF in last year they would of been flogged?

So why make stupid statements?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Actually it kinda does. It shows the Broncos have managed to adjust to the salary cap etc (ie damage control) better than other so-called successful clubs.

Sure, there's areas the Broncos could've done better, but to write off their achievements and say Bennett was useless...harsh.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
Actually it kinda does. It shows the Broncos have managed to adjust to the salary cap etc (ie damage control) better than other so-called successful clubs.

Sure, there's areas the Broncos could've done better, but to write off their achievements and say Bennett was useless...harsh.

How many teams have made the 8 every year?

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Saying bennett is useless is just plain dumb.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Alihaider
  • Shane Tronc
  • Aldo
  • Skathen
  • something
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Cavalo
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • BooKhaki
  • Mr Fourex
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.