Hodges Facing Suspension

Oh I definitely agree, however considering what we see week in week out, to be charged over this incident is a harsh call.

conflicting articles with some suggesting it is for the wanking gesture rather than the eye thing....agree completly mal, hes been on this path for most of the year, and the vc hasnt seemed to have the effect the broncos were after..... bruno should look to fine him for the games he misses, hes let the whole team down, so much for him trying to repay them for missing 7 weeks....

guppy said:
rnabokov said:
He doesn't play for a NSW Club.

I was wondering how long it would take one of you paranoid fellas to come out of your caves.

7 minutes...

You're slipping.

Is that into the same cave Andrew Johns lives in?

Hodges is turning into a massive tool again, i really hope we arent talking about the future captain of the Broncos...

How he is even in the leadership group with all the immature brain snaps he has is beyond me.

He's lucky he's not in trouble for his late and high hit on Milne which forced him off the field.

if hes out for 2 weeks hes really going to kill any momentum we have started and potentially any top 4 aspirations aswell with tough games against the warriors and dragons.....

Hammo said:
Everyone knows he is a serial pest, however this particular charge is a joke.

Joke or not, we are in the business end of the season, his come back from a lengthy suspension only to put himself in a position of facing more time off the field at a time we are starting to build our run to the finals, as a senior player he should know better.

m1c said:
He's lucky he's not in trouble for his late and high hit on Milne which forced him off the field.

Is that the same hit, where Milne was about a foot off the ground? :roll:

The one where Milne dropped the Locky bomb, then Hodges came through and collected him high, point of contact was shoulder on chin and also IMO late. Stupid stuff really from a player who should know better. It's like the Riddell one, sure you can hit him late, feel bigger and tougher than him and 1/5 times concede a penalty, or you could just let it go......

Hodges isn't any where near the form he was in during the 06 and 07 seasons. He's still easily one of the best centres in the game but i think hes getting frustrated by his inability to perform to potential.

this is just stupid. he was mucking around, if the ref/touchjudge saw him do it and wasnt smiling back then he would have been talked to on the field straight away.

players arent even allowed to put a hand on the ref but it happens every game.

I think Hodges should definitely fight it and make the pussy ref Archer and/or his girlfriend the touchy give evidence to show it for the joke it is.

Hmm, I thought this was about the "wanking" motion he did after he pointed at the ref? That seems like a couple of matches bannable offence to me. Hodges is an idiot.

It could be, on ABC radio during the call they said.

Did Hodges just do the d!ckhead sign to the ref.

Alec said:
Hmm, I thought this was about the "wanking" motion he did after he pointed at the ref? That seems like a couple of matches bannable offence to me. Hodges is an idiot.
If that's the case, next time Archer is at Suncorp, we need to get the "Archer's a wanker" chant going early, loud and strong!

images

That is the gesture I seen Hodges give the referee when he turned his back. I couldnt believe nothing was done about it at the time. I have no doubt this is what the charge is for and it deserves 2 weeks IMO

On TV, the only footage was him pointing up to his eyes. It wasn't "the forks" (who even does that anymore?), it was a gesture meaning, "up your fucking eyes!"

I really can't believe the citing.

It happened in the 61 minute.

You couldn't see what he did. ( I would say 9 cut it from the coverage)

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.