Hodges may retire at the end of this year

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/brisbanes-justin-hodges-will-decide-on-his-nrl-future-after-origin/story-fn31yxah-1227350823966

This is interesting to find out now, in light of Copley being dropped to QLD Cup.

We all knew this day was coming but I'm still not properly prepared for it. :'(

Makes some selections interesting. I'd like to see kahu move to centre I guess. Maybe Boyd. Though reed and Copley will make a decent pairing (our wingers will starve though)

Who will be the captain? Do we give it back to Corey or does it go to Hunt, Macca, or even Boyd?

I'm not going to accept him retiring this year (unless it's with a premiership), but assuming he does we definitely don't need to recruit external, we've got plenty of talent to cover.

We don't need another half that has bugger all kicking game or organizational skills

Macca has a kicking game, just isn't used enough... Milf and Hunt can both kick but Milf isn't used enough... We'd be fine if the pressure wasn't put on Hunt for the 5th tackle every play.

Hey look, another thread for people to name Milford at fullback in.

Because I think Boyd would be great in the centres.. either Kodi or Milf would replace Boyd at fullback if the move happened, based on what I've seen I'd prefer Kodi in the 6 over milf.

But sure run the agenda game and think I'm just looking for an excuse to name him in the #1

Having both Niko and Milf full time in the spine would be something to marvel at. They seem to really understand each other's game and have linked up very impressively with some ad lib footy a few times this season.

Milford won't be number 1. That's been made exceptionally clear, so why do people keep putting him there?

Because I think Boyd would be great in the centres.. either Kodi or Milf would replace Boyd at fullback if the move happened, based on what I've seen I'd prefer Kodi in the 6 over milf.

But sure run the agenda game and think I'm just looking for an excuse to name him in the #1

Milford wasn't even named at fullback ahead of Maranta. He's probably never going back to fullback. If Hodges leaves, Reed and Copley will more than likely be our centres. Maranta and Kahu on the wing because the ability to catch a bomb is probably the wingers most important job these days.

Bennett isn't just going to leave Milford at 6 for a year and Boyd at 1 and go "you know what would be great for our three year plan? Changing everything".

No they wouldn't. Kahu would.

I would've been ok with Hodges retiring this year if we landed Gagai, nevertheless we didn't. We will need his services for next year unless we make a signing or Copley & Kahu both play insanely good for the rest of the year.

I really think nikorima could be a centre, a small one at that but he defends in the front row now anyway, he's quick over 40 he can pass as good as anyone at the broncos. He is 174cm and Dylan walker is 178cm. Could be an idea

Recruit a centre if this happens, would leave such a gaping hole in our backline if we didn't.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Browny
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • Spoon
  • Manofoneway
  • Lazza
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.