Hodges to Super league

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Justin Hodges has revealed he wants to finish his career in the United Kingdom | News.com.au

BRONCOS veteran Justin Hodges has revealed he wants to finish his career in the United Kingdom meaning he will play into his late 30s.

Despite the myriad of injuries his body has suffered, Hodges is determined to win another NRL premiership and then head overseas to win a Super league title.
The Cairns-born centre is one of rugby league’s most endearing personalities and is expected to be named Brisbane’s sole captain in coming weeks.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett told The Courier-Mail that Hodges was “right in the mix” to be captain and was amazed at his transformation into a leader.

Hodges is 33 in May and is contracted to Brisbane until the end of next year.
He will likely move to the United Kingdom for the 2017 season but said he was so determined to win another premiership at Brisbane he may re-sign.

Hodges would be at least 35 by the time he moved to England and a two year deal would see him playing until he was 37.

That would be a remarkable effort considering he debuted in the 2000 season.
Asked if he had considered a stint in Super League, Hodges said he dreamed of finishing his career in the United Kingdom.

“My dream has always been to go over there and win a comp there. That is something I have always thought about,” he said.

“I have another two years left here.
If we win a comp between then I would love to go over there and have a run.

“We haven’t won a comp at our club in a long time. As you get older that is what drives you.
“We haven’t won one in eight years.

Last edited:
If this were to happen, and I think it's a big if, I don't think he would be successful. If it's just a cash grab then fair play to the bloke, but at the age he would be, and his glass body, I just can't see it.

Full credit to Hodgo. He's had an amazing career, but he should finish a Bronco.

If this were to happen, and I think it's a big if, I don't think he would be successful. If it's just a cash grab then fair play to the bloke, but at the age he would be, and his glass body, I just can't see it.

Full credit to Hodgo. He's had an amazing career, but he should finish a Bronco.
Agree, especially with the last sentence!

He's done enough for the Broncos that he can basically do what he wants and I'll support him. I'll cheer on whatever ESL club he ends up with if he goes. I love to hear him go on about winning a premiership!

Sure, why not.

Ez money.

I don't think he will even last that long.

It would be sad to see him go if he does go.

Think he might get a tap on the shoulder later this year.

Can't see it happening.

Only if we win back Origin AND win the comp. It would be perfect timing for Gagai to come back for 2016. Coppers and Gagai to be our centres for the next 5+ years. That still may happen anyway though

I think it's good for him, SL isn't as tough as the NRL and he obviously knows his body is on it's last legs.

I want to play out my career in Super League

oh and I'll be playing rep footy for the rest of my days at the Broncos so yeah, there's 12/26 weeks of the season I'll be not available for the Broncos, AGAIN

Well, at least he's being realistic about his time coming to an end with the Broncos.

Hodges wasn't the player we know him to be last year, and I think we'll see that again this year.

Still serviceable, still provide some flair and guidance on the field, but won't be the rampaging, line breaking centre we all loved him for.

One more injury and he will pull the plug so he needs to be injury free for his time if he wants to play for super league. If we do win a premiership in the next two years, I can see both him and parker retiring

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Tmac
  • kiwibronco
  • Dash
  • Dee
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.