Hodgo and Oates stink

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
JUSTIN Hodges and Corey Oates had to be physically separated by onlookers after nearly coming to blows at a Fortitude Valley bar on Saturday night.The Courier-Mail can reveal Hodges, Oates and recently retired Brisbane Broncos centre Jack Reed spent the day drinking at a function at Doomben Racecourse before moving on to At Sixes and Sevens on James Street.
The trio kept drinking at the Fortitude Valley bar for a few hours before tensions reached boiling point.
It’s understood the former Queensland Origin great and current Origin star had to be separated by onlookers after Hodges told Oates that he would “put one on his chin if he didn’t stop carrying on”.
HUGE DEAL: Offer makes richest teen in NRL
RETIRE: Hannant hangs up the boots
ce4f091ad5e461af35781bbdd7665208
Corey Oates and Justin Hodges came to blows at a Brisbane bar.Hodges, who is still employed by the Broncos in a commercial role after retiring at the end of 2015, admitted there had been an altercation when contacted by The Courier-Mail but put the stoush down to boys being boys.
He declined to make any official comment.
A source that spent the night drinking with the trio at the James Street bar said Hodges was ready to “shape up”.
“Corey was pretty drunk and making a bit of a racket but Hodgo was ready to go,” the source said.
“They had been drinking all day and all night and as the night went on they started to get a bit sh**ty with each other.
“Hodgo was ready to shape up at him (Oates) but it all got broken up before anything too serious happened.”
Broncos CEO Paul White did not return calls when contacted for comment.
It’s not the first time a pair of Broncos have been dragged away from a physical stoush, with Josh McGuire and Salesi Funaki having traded blows at training in September.
McGuire was dragged away by teammates while other second-string Broncos calmed Funaki down.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/justin-hodges-corey-oates-physically-separated-after-coming-to-blows-in-brisbane-bar/news-story/a764a950c59c825a9424fee223b6821c

And here I was thinking it would be a boring off season.

Obviously Hodges was just pissed because Oates will be soon replacing him on my avatar.

Not necessarily a bad thing if Hodgo did, IMHO. A few murmurs have emerged that young Oates would do well to have an inflated ego pricked just a small amount... Even Bennett admitted he needed this...

*yawn* what else is boring?

I don't need both sides of the story to know Hodges was obviously right to do what he did. Never doubt Hodgo.

Omg, they "nearly" got in a fight. Oh well at least they didn't "nearly" kill someone

Makes me feel tough to beating up drunk guys. Be interesting to see how Hodgo would go against someone who wouldn't run away.

Someone said something about pennywhistles and moonpies.

Then it was on.

Makes me feel tough to beating up drunk guys. Be interesting to see how Hodgo would go against someone who wouldn't run away.

haha, i have actually seen him throw the dukes up at the old city rowers many years ago.. lets just say he wouldnt knock the skin off a 2 day old custard.

haha, i have actually seen him throw the dukes up at the old city rowers many years ago.. lets just say he wouldnt knock the skin off a 2 day old custard.

I thought he was a handy boxer back in the day?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Culhwch
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Lurker
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.